Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our Safeties and Linebackers are great examples of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Our Safeties and Linebackers are great examples of

Oct 11, 2020, 12:30 PM

The ability of the coaching staff to recognize under-rated talent and to patiently coach them up.

Turner, Zanders, Spector, Skalski ... all much better than their recruiting rankings.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our Safeties and Linebackers are great examples of

Oct 11, 2020, 12:34 PM

Spector and Skalski waited their turn, but they were always special players, trust me. Both have been ballers for awhile. Nolan, pretty underrated for what he has accomplished, but Landon is going to be next level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 2:41 PM

Are you guys actually watching Zanders? He’s the worst defender on the field every time he’s out there. I’m not saying they won’t coach him up and he can’t get better. I am saying that through his first four games he’s been pretty unremarkable. Had his fair share of penalties, been out of position aside from a pass break up against UVA, should have had a couple of targeting calls already, and has had a number of missed tackles. I have all the faith in our staff to get him where he needs to be but he hasn’t shown any glimpse of greatness yet.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds like a description many had for a certain Raider

Oct 11, 2020, 4:34 PM

... up until the time he was drafted, many were totally down on Tanner Muse.

Heck, many still are.

Zanders is a tough kid who plays hard and is still working on the finer details of pass coverage, etc.

He had a rough start in each of the last two games but

Oct 11, 2020, 4:38 PM

he tightened up and played well.

He is better than Muse played.

Re: That sounds like a description many had for a certain Raider

Oct 11, 2020, 6:12 PM [ in reply to That sounds like a description many had for a certain Raider ]

The difference is Muse was more of a Linebacker that played safety and Sanders is a true safety and is really struggling with coverage. Sanders will get better but I hope we have someone coming that can play safety.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 2:41 PM

Are you guys actually watching Zanders? He’s the worst defender on the field every time he’s out there. I’m not saying they won’t coach him up and he can’t get better. I am saying that through his first four games he’s been pretty unremarkable. Had his fair share of penalties, been out of position aside from a pass break up against UVA, should have had a couple of targeting calls already, and has had a number of missed tackles. I have all the faith in our staff to get him where he needs to be but he hasn’t shown any glimpse of greatness yet.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 8:12 PM

DueWest said:

The ability of the coaching staff to recognize under-rated talent and to patiently coach them up.

Turner, Zanders, Spector, Skalski ... all much better than their recruiting rankings.

Go Tigers!

Great Post!

I agree 100%. This is what so many do not understand about the Tigers current run. We do not have 5 stars at every position. But, we have enough on the team mixed in with 2nd and 3rd year players who likely did a RS.
Many of your 3 star players just did not meet the: "will make an immediate impact in college day one out the box because of size/speed/weight"! So what do you do, "you build those three areas in players you have identified as guys who can contribute. Guys who will buy into what Clemson is about. And guys who will work on their bodies and football knowledge. Once they do that - the same player ends up playing like a 4 or 5 star. In the case of Travis Etiene and Isiah Simmons both played like 6 star recruits. LOL! Yes, TE9 per rivals was a three star.
He didn't need a RS year. He was under-valued all along! Simmons just needed to gain some weight coming out of HS.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic