Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump snubs Nikki, while Lindsey heads to Mar-A-Lago for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Trump snubs Nikki, while Lindsey heads to Mar-A-Lago for

Feb 19, 2021, 12:11 PM

some butt smooching. So, Trump has rebuffed Nikki's efforts to visit Mar-A-Lago and mend fences causing her to pen an op-ed in the WSJ in an effort to regain His lost favor. Meanwhile, Lindsey is headed to Florida for the weekend to update Trump on the Republican mood on Capital Hill and plot some strategery going forward for Trump to maintain his iron grip on the party.

Is this the death knell for Nikki's presidential hopes or can she suck up to Him and regain His good graces?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-oped-b1804356.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does she need him to run and win?***

Feb 19, 2021, 12:13 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would hope not. It's past time for the GOP to tell

Feb 19, 2021, 12:16 PM

him to GTFO.

She obviously thinks she does. As does Lindsey Graham.

Feb 19, 2021, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Does she need him to run and win?*** ]

As he said "We don't have a snowball's chance in #### of taking back the majority without Donald Trump," he said. "If you don't get that, you're just not looking. I know Trump can be a handful, but he is the most dominant figure in the Republican Party. Trump is the most consequential Republican in the party," Graham said. If McConnell doesn't agree, Graham added, "he's missing a lot."

Unless there is a dramatic change in the base of the Republican Party, Trump will remain the dominant figure in the party for a number of years.

Personally, I don't think Republican learned much from their losses these last four years. They will double down going forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do we care? Dude lost. Who gives a #### about him now***

Feb 19, 2021, 12:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

You can't win, Nikki. If you strike Trump down,

Feb 19, 2021, 12:17 PM

he shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can't win, Nikki. If you strike Trump down,

Feb 19, 2021, 12:23 PM

The problem for her is that she’s now shown herself to be just another politician. Kiss Trumps butt while he was in office, then slam him when he’s done. Then “oh wait he’s maybe not done. Mr Trump can we talk?” Enjoy your retirement Nikki.

If it wasn't obvious how much of a politician she is and

Feb 19, 2021, 12:40 PM

what she's aiming for over the past 6 months, you're not paying attention. She's been the most calculated person in politics.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If it wasn't obvious how much of a politician she is and

Feb 19, 2021, 12:46 PM

I think you’re right. As I said, she’s now retired.

Re: Trump snubs Nikki, while Lindsey heads to Mar-A-Lago for

Feb 19, 2021, 12:20 PM

Well, that's the thing. Politico did this piece called "The Antipope of Mar-a-Lago" and it seems to have proven to be strangely prescient, and it's exactly the 8-ball the GOP just put themselves behind by not voting Donald off the island with impeachment.

Trump now controls the party, so no candidate can proceed past the primary phase without his blessing...but due to the extreme nature of his candidates and the fact that all must now kiss the ring, they are all now tainted, and none can now win in a general.

It will be this way until Trump passes, basically.

Good job, GOP. You had your chance to break with him, and didn't.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/29/trump-antipope-president-mar-a-lago-463238

This seems overly dramatic,

Feb 19, 2021, 12:45 PM

but it also seems like the obvious Occam scenario. He's still a viable candidate, so the presumption until something definitive happens otherwise is that he's going to rise from the ashes like a phoenix in 2.5 years when he announces his candidacy, and in the meantime, control and steer the GOP.

"Florida is the Trumpiest state in the Union. Other more

Feb 19, 2021, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump snubs Nikki, while Lindsey heads to Mar-A-Lago for ]

Trump-states, like Texas or Alabama(or SC), they're just not culturally nouveau riche enough or morally louche enough to be a better fit for Trump. He is peculiarly suited for Florida."

Moral louche or not Florida must be doing something right

Feb 19, 2021, 1:25 PM

people are moving here in droves.

Cannot get down A1A these days because of the abundance of out of staters here

The weather is nice. If you read the article, it explains

Feb 19, 2021, 1:28 PM

why certain people might be attracted to a place like Florida, aside from the nice weather.

That propaganda piece was painful to read

Feb 19, 2021, 2:06 PM

I was merely pointing out that people are coming to FL for a reason, not because of their moral ineptitude but because they are sick of the #### going on in other states right now.

Top places people are moving away from.... NJ, NY, IL, CT, CA.. not exactly conservative strongholds.

Do you think this Texas debacle will provide some insight

Feb 19, 2021, 6:37 PM

into how a Republican dominated model of government will perform?

Nikki has some big ole

Feb 19, 2021, 12:24 PM

Hoo Haws!

Pelosi has got her

Feb 19, 2021, 4:12 PM

By a few cup sizes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for her

Feb 19, 2021, 12:26 PM

Certainly a Trump meeting refusal has better optics than bolting to the Ritz in Cancun when your state is a disaster area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2021, 12:49 PM

I'd like to ask the Republicans here what % of their voters do you think would absolutely refuse to vote for a candidate that Trump opposed.

Feb 19, 2021, 12:52 PM

Trump will not make up my mind for me. My problem with Haley is that she calculates the political winds and changes direction for personal gain. I know they all do that but with her it’s just obvious and comical.

A minimum of 30% of the GOP will not vote for someone Trump

Feb 19, 2021, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump snubs Nikki, while Lindsey heads to Mar-A-Lago for ]

opposes. Probably much higher.

Certainly, no GOP primary candidate that Trump openly opposes will win.

Re: A minimum of 30% of the GOP will not vote for someone Trump

Feb 19, 2021, 1:58 PM

I don't think that Chuck is a Republican, but assuming that he is right about the 30%, how can ANY Rep win the primaries without his endorsement ? And if you expect him to abandon his selfish and vindictive ways in this regard you have not been paying attention.

I think that moderate Reps are more likely to hold their nose and vote for a Trump candidate than Trumpers are to hold their nose and vote for an anti-Trump candidate.

I am no longer a Republican

Feb 19, 2021, 3:59 PM

but I was up until my late 20s.

Re: A minimum of 30% of the GOP will not vote for someone Trump

Feb 20, 2021, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: A minimum of 30% of the GOP will not vote for someone Trump ]

I don't think that Chuck is a Republican, but assuming that he is right about the 30%, how can ANY Rep win the primaries without his endorsement ? And if you expect him to abandon his selfish and vindictive ways in this regard you have not been paying attention.

I think that moderate Reps are more likely to hold their nose and vote for a Trump candidate than Trumpers are to hold their nose and vote for an anti-Trump candidate.

Tobias,
Not much gets by you! Good pickup re: Chuck's political affiliation.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has overall been a bad look for Nikki

Feb 19, 2021, 1:14 PM

She should have played the long game in 2016 and stuck to her anti-Trump guns. Now she's stuck in the middle trying to appease both sides.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Anti-Trump is a loser of a strategy on that side of the

Feb 19, 2021, 1:21 PM

fence now, though, regardless of how long you've been there.

Especially in her home state of SC and the South in general

Feb 19, 2021, 1:23 PM

which she would need to dominate to get the nomination.

Re: This has overall been a bad look for Nikki

Feb 19, 2021, 1:56 PM [ in reply to This has overall been a bad look for Nikki ]

Now see, that’s what I’m talking about. If she decided to go anti Trump, then go that route and stay with it. It’s the flip flop that makes her look weak and opportunistic. That’s the rub.

Re: This has overall been a bad look for Nikki

Feb 19, 2021, 5:23 PM

just another establishment politician

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nikki has no

Feb 19, 2021, 5:23 PM

chance

can she make a sammich?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nikki has no

Feb 19, 2021, 6:13 PM

No but she can bake a cherry pie Billy boy, Billy boy.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic