Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lawd help me with all the hand wringing over ND. Is it too
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Lawd help me with all the hand wringing over ND. Is it too

Jul 24, 2020, 2:02 PM

much to ask that we could all just be thankful for football...whatever way we can get it?

Or, are we going to live in a perpetual cycle of bitching and moaning about every single thing that comes along?

####....as an optimist and glass half full guy I feel like a dinosaur.

Spot the ball. I don't care about ND and the ACC title or anything other than seeing my Tigers play.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lawd help me with all the hand wringing over ND. Is it too

Jul 24, 2020, 2:05 PM

It's T-Net that's what we do!

Fire Dabo!
Fire Brad!

and whatever else I can complain about! LOL!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The two are unrelated. If in some universe the only way

Jul 24, 2020, 2:18 PM

we could have a college football season is if we let ND piggy-back off of us for a year, take our money and be eligible to play in our championship game, and people still complained, you'd have a point. But that's not the case. We can have a football season and tell ND they're on their own.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

For me, it it boils down to this...

Jul 24, 2020, 2:20 PM

Notre Dame has never expressed any interest or desire whatsoever in being part of the league in football so why would the ACC even remotely consider making this concession now just for the 2020 season?

If this dispensation is going to lead to full membership within the next year or two, that's fine. Otherwise, Notre Dame can go pi$$ up a rope.

Notre Dame is the only one benefitting from this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

... or maybe Swoffie.***

Jul 24, 2020, 2:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he has a son working at Notre Dame...

Jul 24, 2020, 2:48 PM

Anytime he makes a puzzling decision of this nature, we find out later that Nepotism was the primary motivating factor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depending on our "pods" or whatever we get for a schedule

Jul 24, 2020, 2:47 PM [ in reply to For me, it it boils down to this... ]

Notre Dame could be extremely helpful to us.

10 or 11 game seasons are going to mean chances are greater that there will be potentially more than 4 undefeated teams come playoff time.

Depending on our pod draw with ACC, we may or may not get some quality opponents and, therefore, quality wins.

Notre Dame brings with it a quality win or wins (depending how pod and ACC Championship game plays out).

Beaing Georgia Tech, FSU, Wake Forest, and Duke ain't going to separate us come playoff time from other undefeated teams. Not even sure what UNC is going to be IF we were to get them. ACC looks average this year....Notre Dame will help us by giving us opportunity for quality wins....which will be needed if more than 4 teams find their way to undefeated seasons at year's end.

This year...we may get just as much benefit out of ND crashing our ACC party as they get out of us.

but Clemson is playing Notre Dame anyway.***

Jul 24, 2020, 2:50 PM

That is an assumption at this point.***

Jul 24, 2020, 3:04 PM

And even if that pans out, a rematch in ACC Championship could prove helpful in a variety of ways.

Lose in regular season but win in title game could get you in playoffs.
Two wins over them would guarantee 2 quality wins.

This pod thing...I'm telling you...could get wacko.

Re: That is an assumption at this point.***

Jul 24, 2020, 3:19 PM

Agree with the above. Sure, on one level, ND may be taking advantage of its affiliation with the ACC this season to complete its schedule. The benefits to the ACC in getting additional games with ACC - which will increase viewership for our games on ESPN/ACCN/NBC and the ACC's football exposure - will exceed the downside of saving their bacon.

Plus, this comes at the perfect time when several teams are striving to gain prominence to at least challenge Clemson. ND fills the void.

Re: Depending on our "pods" or whatever we get for a schedule

Jul 25, 2020, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Depending on our "pods" or whatever we get for a schedule ]

Very little help for Clemson. We already have them on our schedule. Only benefit would be if it helps persuade them to join the league.

Will ND share the nbc tv money for their home games ?

Jul 24, 2020, 10:31 PM [ in reply to For me, it it boils down to this... ]

No to nd.

Re: Will ND share the nbc tv money for their home games ?

Jul 25, 2020, 8:17 AM

They could participate this year without either ACC or Notre dame sharing money equally. As in Irish keeping nbc money and not sharing equally in conference funds.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must be new to TNet

Jul 24, 2020, 3:20 PM

We complain about which way the roll of toilet paper goes on the hanger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Must be new to TNet

Jul 24, 2020, 8:35 PM

Agreed. Everyone knows that rolling the toilet paper from the top is the correct way to do it.

Re: Must be new to TNet

Jul 25, 2020, 8:18 AM

Please !!! Explain that to my wife!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 3:49 PM

Maybe the problem with ND being a part of the ACC this season is, they will take a share of the conference revenue and still have their own football network. Then when the Championship game is played they take another cut of ACC revenue without contributing anything to the ACC.

Re: Lawd help me with all the hand wringing over ND. With

Jul 24, 2020, 4:40 PM

Pods or ACC teams playing ten games against one another will the 2 teams that play in the ACCCG be from the Atlantic and Coastal or will it be the 2 Teams with the best ACC winning record?

Those are assumptions that I have not seen any facts

Jul 25, 2020, 5:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Lawd help me with all the hand wringing over ND. Is it too ]

linked to re: financials.

I'm with you Rhymer

Jul 24, 2020, 4:43 PM

Clemson can win out or stay home for the playoffs and that includes whooping up on ND in South Bend ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm with you Rhymer

Jul 24, 2020, 4:57 PM

Allowing ND to play an ACC schedule and compete for the Championship presents little downside to Clemson. As noted above, the Tigers are already scheduled to play ND so you're going to have to defeat them with or without ND playing a full schedule.

The real losers are teams, like UNC, who believe they can win the Coastal; lose to Clemson in the ACCCG with Clemson going to the playoffs; and then be slotted to the Orange Bowl. ND looks like the strongest competitor to Clemson and thus the likely team to get the ACC's Orange Bowl slot.

Jul 24, 2020, 6:36 PM

I don't have a problem with them playing the 5 ACC games they were scheduled to play this season. I would be OK allowing them to play more ACC teams if there is revenue sharing from their NBC contract to the ACC.

However, in NO circumstance am I willing for them to be considered a member of the ACC and compete for the ACC Title unless they become a full member. Play the games but they are ineligible for the championship as they are NOT a member of our conference.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WELL, I NEVER!

Jul 24, 2020, 6:57 PM

What do you think we do here during downtime?

My take, I have a list of teams I hate and all of them together don't get the hate I have for ND. ND is a diva, a woman without woman parts or met parts either. Is that possible?

I can not express how much contempt I have for ND. I just don't have the vocabulary, well I do but crump would chit a brick over the language if I expressed my real opinion here. I wouldn't pee on ND if its face were on fire. I wouldn't pull the cork from a jug if ND was trapped inside and running out of air.

If I had a kid in ND and one in jail I'd bail out the one at ND first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember my first day on Tigernet

Jul 24, 2020, 7:00 PM

Wait till they start complaining about the complaining.

We should start up The Who’s the real fan debate: alumni or non graduates

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2020, 7:20 PM

Playing a team twice in the same season is not favorable.

Get ready...it may happen with all games re: pods***

Jul 25, 2020, 5:50 AM

Jul 25, 2020, 6:13 AM

One question - Has the ACC ever had a football conference champion that wasn't a member of the conference? How many asterisks would be appropriate in the record books if ND were to win the championship? I know, I know, that's two questions.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic