Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This game comes down to 1 thing IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

This game comes down to 1 thing IMO

Sep 17, 2015, 1:22 PM

And that is whether we can keep a running QB at bay. I have full faith in our secondary covering their WR's with a QB that is average at best at throwing.It will be us covering a n athletic QB in zone read plays as well as scramble plays.

Remember the 2011 game vs. Maryland? We were way more talented but couldn't stop the QB run.

Our offense will score enough points to win regardless of the inexperienced line on thew road. We just haven't seen a true QB yet that can run.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you bring up 2011 and Kevin Steele?

Sep 17, 2015, 1:37 PM

I get what you're saying, and i think it's an issue the defense is going to have to deal with, but I don't think 2011's defense has anything at all to do with this game.

I also remember that we beat Maryland that night....

Sorry, but I just can't understand all the hand-wringing that is going on here.

We may not win, but if we don't it's because we caught a bad match-up too early in the season for a very young team. It would be nice to see them grow up quick tonight so we had a better chance the next two weeks as well,

but the season isn't over if we lose tonight.

I doubt we're even "out"of the ACC Championship game if we lose tonight, because the Cards are gonna lose at least two games in conference this year no matter what.

IMHO, of course.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do the math.

Sep 17, 2015, 1:40 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1480957&tstart=60

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I share your concern******

Sep 17, 2015, 2:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This game comes down to 1 thing IMO

Sep 17, 2015, 2:07 PM

LOL @ referencing a Steele defense.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 17, 2015, 2:41 PM

Maybe you're the one that is an idiot since reading comprehension is not you strong suit.

The game was an example of how a dual threat QB can keep a team in the game even if they are outmatched from a talent standpoint. On that team we had Sammy, Nuk, Martavis, Jaron Brown, Dwayne Allen, Ellington and Boyd. We were way more talented, but CJ Brown kept them in the game because of his running ability.

In know way was I comparing a Kevin Steele defense to a Brent Venables defense. I was saying that, that is the only way they will beat us.

If you don't know how to read, then shut the hell up you dumbarse!!

Sep 17, 2015, 2:45 PM

LOL speaking of dumbarses.....

"In know way was I comparing a Kevin Steele defense to a Brent Venables defense. I was saying that, that is the only way they will beat us."

Firstly, it's NO not know.

Secondly, you used the 2011 team as an example, when our defense was coached by who? I'll give you a hint, his initials are KS.

Thirdly, what does our offensive talent have to do with how our D played?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Look, we know anon is a dumbarse, but he's

Sep 17, 2015, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: This game comes down to 1 thing IMO ]

our dumbarse.

null

Re: Look, we know anon is a dumbarse, but he's

Sep 17, 2015, 3:07 PM

you know how I know this guy is a dumbarse???

tq even has more sense than to compare a steele led d to this team.

I agree 100%....

Sep 17, 2015, 3:08 PM

dumbarse.

null

Sep 17, 2015, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Look, we know anon is a dumbarse, but he's ]

Ok, since you are too stupid to understand a sentence I will try and explain my thought process to you in a more simple way.

I was not saying that since we struggled with a running QB 4 years ago that we will struggle with a running QB this season with a different coach and different personnel. I was using that as an EXAMPLE to show how a dual threat QB could keep a vastly inferior team in a ball game single-handily.

That is the only thing that worries me about this game. I am not scared of their passing game and I'm not scared of their running backs.

I think that the only way that they stay in the game with us is if their QB can make plays with his feet.

Again, I get that we have a different coach and different players and these games have nothing to do with each other. I'm sorry that we are arguing because you can't understand a simple sentence.

^^^^^Really has a good method

Sep 17, 2015, 3:23 PM

for trying to prove a point, but not really!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Sep 17, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Look, we know anon is a dumbarse, but he's ]

LOL, I read and understand your sentence.

You then went on to compare apples to oranges by using the 2011 game as an example.

That's where the fault in your logic exists. HTH

not to mention

Sep 17, 2015, 3:42 PM

he also went wrong suggesting we haven't played a team with a running QB since 2011.

Re: not to mention

Sep 17, 2015, 3:42 PM

I knew I was forgetting something...

Sep 17, 2015, 4:10 PM

I never said that we haven't played running qbs since. Off the top of my head we've played shaw, Braxton miller, marquise Williams, brisset, etc.

Sep 17, 2015, 4:39 PM

so you knew of other, more recent/more relevant games where we succeeded against running QBs, but you decided to go with one where we didn't as an example.

Your logic is phenomenal.

Agreed.

Sep 17, 2015, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: This game comes down to 1 thing IMO ]

I doubt Anonymous realizes the following...

1) Kevin Steele is at LSU.
2) McNeese State refused to face Steele in week one. MS wouldn't even leave the locker room, go ahead and look it up.
3) 62,531 fans showed up to watch the Dan Mullen/Kevin Steele chess match last week. This was the second largest crowd in Miss. State history.
4) Steele held MSU to just 378 yards of offense. I doubt any other DC will be able make that claim at the end of the season.

Those are facts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Hmm... might wanna go back and watch NC State, BC

Sep 17, 2015, 2:08 PM

and the majority of the UNC game last year. We did pretty well against running QBs.

That game was pre-Coach V. Not a worry.***

Sep 17, 2015, 2:22 PM

kevin Steele is no longer our dcoord...

Sep 17, 2015, 2:50 PM

We haven't had issues with running QBs over the past two seasons. Keep up with the times

already played against two teams with running QBs***

Sep 17, 2015, 2:51 PM

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not but

Sep 17, 2015, 2:56 PM

we have a new DC since that game. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet or not but

Sep 17, 2015, 3:34 PM

Maybe you're the one that is an idiot since reading comprehension is not you strong suit.

The game was an example of how a dual threat QB can keep a team in the game even if they are outmatched from a talent standpoint. On that team we had Sammy, Nuk, Martavis, Jaron Brown, Dwayne Allen, Ellington and Boyd. We were way more talented, but CJ Brown kept them in the game because of his running ability.

In know way was I comparing a Kevin Steele defense to a Brent Venables defense. I was saying that, that is the only way they will beat us.

If you don't know how to read, then shut the #### up you dumbarse!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

dont let her get you worked up FM

Sep 17, 2015, 4:01 PM

she is just a coot in disk eyes.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Are you comparing a Kevin Steele coached team to

Sep 17, 2015, 2:57 PM

what we have now?

The Maryland game that year was a preview of the Orange Bowl...except our offense didn't give up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

the score, perhaps?

Sep 17, 2015, 3:14 PM

just spit balling.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

nope. Comes down to our ability to score TD and NOT

Sep 17, 2015, 3:22 PM

have to kick field goals. This game is about red zone offense. Our D will do enough to win. I am more concerned about the kicking game and not having to settle for FG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nope. Comes down to our ability to score TD and NOT

Sep 17, 2015, 3:28 PM

Thank you! I was hoping that this thread would be about keys to winning
the game and a constructive thread. Not a thread where people are trying to prove others are more stupid then themselves.

I agree with your point to a certain extent. Obviously we need to keep our young kicker off the field as much as possible. I just think that Louisville won't be able to keep up with us if we stop the qb run game.

Re: nope. Comes down to our ability to score TD and NOT

Sep 17, 2015, 3:36 PM

Do we know that qb is starting?

Sep 17, 2015, 3:32 PM

At the end of the Houston game, they put in a different qb who didn't look like much of a runner to me.

Turnovers***

Sep 17, 2015, 3:35 PM

nm

^^^^^^This

Sep 17, 2015, 3:37 PM

should be our biggest worry, not a running qb!!

Re: Turnovers***

Sep 17, 2015, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Turnovers*** ]

+special teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Deer Clemson mountaineers.....

Sep 18, 2015, 9:08 AM

care to chime in on your assessment?

^ Has a really good memory, and is not afraid to use it.***

Sep 18, 2015, 9:10 AM

This reply comes down to one thing IMO

Sep 18, 2015, 9:34 AM

You aren't very smart

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic