Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where is the outrage?????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 53
| visibility 1

Where is the outrage?????

Jun 17, 2020, 10:00 AM

Police shooting !!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where is the outrage?????

Jun 17, 2020, 10:03 AM

Supposedly black people have been treated worse through the years by the police than white women. They have had it. That's just speculation on my part.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not saying thats not true, BUT

Jun 17, 2020, 10:16 AM

about 30-40% more white people have been killed by cops.
Yes, blacks are lower in population but much higher in crime.

We could go round and round on those numbers but it boils down to whites get killed more by cops.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not saying thats not true, BUT

Jun 17, 2020, 1:46 PM

Cool

Re: not saying thats not true, BUT

Jun 17, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to not saying thats not true, BUT ]

Paraphrasing Andrew Lang

People use statistics as they would use a lamp-post. For support rather than illumination.

So you are right about the round and round.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Where is the outrage????? ]

But. But. According to the Washington Post, more whites are shot by law enforcement than blacks each year. Just saying.

Jun 17, 2020, 1:48 PM

Yeah...I am with you man. Black people and white ladies have had the same life over the last 100's of years. They are totally the same. You and I are so smart.

Starts with you, if you feel strongly about it.***

Jun 17, 2020, 10:17 AM

actually no, its starts with what MSM deems outrage

Jun 17, 2020, 10:18 AM

worthy. Until they cover it over and over, it goes no where

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They will cover what their viewers want to see.

Jun 17, 2020, 10:19 AM

That's how they make money.

Re: They will cover what their viewers want to see.

Jun 17, 2020, 10:27 AM

^^underrated poast

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bullshiit. They hide what is damaging to libs until

Jun 17, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to They will cover what their viewers want to see. ]

they can't hide it anymore. Kind of like the Biden sex assualt thing. They tried their best to not talk about it. When they couldn't hide it anymore then they talked about it as she's not trustworthy. Not as Believe All Women.

Re: They will cover what their viewers want to see.

Jun 17, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to They will cover what their viewers want to see. ]

Oh. So absolutely no spin whatsoever. Ok

No...there is a ton of spin. I'm saying that

Jun 17, 2020, 11:36 AM

the viewers crave the spin. Desperately. That's why they do it.

so ...this is a different case, but I remember this one

Jun 17, 2020, 10:37 AM

because it was in Seneca. A young white man was shot and killed by police and what I remember is that a Black activist was involved in staging a march for this young man.

this particular article gives an possible reason for why there isn't more 'outrage' ...
https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2015/08/30/435277397/a-white-teen-was-killed-by-a-cop-and-no-one-took-to-the-streets-is-that-a-proble

We were surprised. Where was everyone? A conservative blogger from North Carolina seemed to speak for many in Seneca, which is largely white, with a blog post he wrote about the case and its aftermath 12 days after the shooting.

"The evidence remains very murky on both sides," he wrote, "so those of us with patience and common-sense have refrained from expressing outrage. We prefer that the natural process of justice be allowed to occur without any inference."

basically, the justice system has worked for White people, they have more trust in it, so most sit back and wait for the process to play out. Where as with Black people, we've seen the police or others (I see you George Zimmerman) get away with committing crimes against Black people and not be punished.

Message was edited by: 3timeTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

The legal system works

Jun 17, 2020, 12:05 PM

Re: The legal system works

Jun 17, 2020, 12:13 PM

^^^^^^^^. This time 100

The victim blaming of Trayvon Martin is pretty disgusting.

Jun 17, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to The legal system works ]

Dude got away with literal murder.

Prove what I said wrong

Jun 17, 2020, 12:18 PM

Why the he’ll do you want someone to?

Jun 17, 2020, 12:31 PM

The only version of the story we have to go on is from this literal piece of ####.

Martin was a child.

Re: Why the he’ll do you want someone to?

Jun 17, 2020, 12:35 PM

not true, but i wont call you a liar

Re: The victim blaming of Trayvon Martin is pretty disgusting.

Jun 17, 2020, 1:25 PM [ in reply to The victim blaming of Trayvon Martin is pretty disgusting. ]

Literal murder was more like what O.J. did.

Once again the criminal justice system fails the blackman.***

Jun 17, 2020, 2:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't always...

Jun 17, 2020, 12:15 PM [ in reply to The legal system works ]

and that is where we have to get to a place of understanding. Most of the time justice is for those that have money. That affects all races. But to continually say that there is not inequity in justice applied is why we are where we are.

One side is overkill with every police action is racism and brutality and the other side says the legal system is perfect. We will get nowhere with those two extremes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never said it was perfect

Jun 17, 2020, 12:21 PM

I know you don't feel that way...

Jun 17, 2020, 12:29 PM

your post however sounds that way.

And yes, when I said "all races" I included white people too.

What I am trying to get people to understand is the "but white people" response comes off sounding racist. You aren't racist, but that response shuts down the conversation.

I am not talking about surrendering your position, but stepping back and acknowledging where injustice exists without the "but white people."

That is all the majority of black people (not the fringe) are looking for. Not patronizing, but saying I hear you. I acknowledge your experience.

That is step one, in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree to disagree then

Jun 17, 2020, 12:42 PM

You're missing a huge part of the point...

Jun 17, 2020, 12:46 PM

black people have a different experience with the police than you do. Rich black people have a different experience with the police than you do. That is a fact. There was a study linked not long ago here that found that the disparity in frequency of traffic stops between blacks and white is significantly less at night, when the police can't see the race of the driver.

This different experience is what makes "But white people" so maddening to any black person trying to have a sensible discussion about race and the police.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is exactly correct...

Jun 17, 2020, 12:50 PM

I have heard too many affluent black people who have the same belief system I do tell me about this.

Re: You're missing a huge part of the point...

Jun 17, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to You're missing a huge part of the point... ]

Even Tim Scott acknowledges it's a problem.

Jun 17, 2020, 1:52 PM

He's a black Republican. Pulled over 7 times in one year while working in DC. I haven't been pulled over 7 times in the last 10 years.

https://www.npr.org/2016/07/14/485995136/watch-black-gop-senator-says-hes-been-stopped-7-times-by-police-in-a-year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Well if Tim Scott said so...

Jun 17, 2020, 2:03 PM

Re: Well if Tim Scott said so...

Jun 17, 2020, 2:18 PM

You just made everyone's point with that quote.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

No I didn’t

Jun 17, 2020, 2:37 PM

Nobody is jumping to conclusions

Jun 17, 2020, 3:41 PM

this is the reality for black people. Tim Scott said he was speeding "Sometimes" but the "vast majority" of the time it was for nothing. That is life for every black person I have ever met, affluent or not. Refusing to see it is your way of burying your head in the sand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody is jumping to conclusions

Jun 17, 2020, 3:45 PM

Nobody is championing him dude

Jun 17, 2020, 3:50 PM

We're just trying to convince you that covering your ears and going, "nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah" when someone points out that black people are treated differently is not a good look.

Dude, there is a substation just outside my neighborhood...

Jun 17, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: You're missing a huge part of the point... ]

lots of black folks live in my neighborhood. Average home value is probably 500-600K. All of the black neighbors that I have spoken to have been pulled over by the cops, usually to ask some ######## questions about where they are going or if that is their car. This is reality for black people and you refusing to acknowledge it means you aren't interested in anything the doesn't fit your narrative.

Re: Dude, there is a substation just outside my neighborhood...

Jun 17, 2020, 3:51 PM

Nope, I live in a suburb...

Jun 17, 2020, 3:52 PM

And the bad neighborhoods are far away. The police patrol the crap out of my neighborhood, which I guess is why we have a zero crime rate.

Re: Nope, I live in a suburb...

Jun 17, 2020, 3:58 PM

someone posted an article recently

Jun 17, 2020, 1:47 PM [ in reply to You're missing a huge part of the point... ]

of a family that adopted a black kid and then they saw the problem, maybe it was you

you don't even need to read an article, just talk to a black person on what they have encountered during their lives to realize stats don't mean ####

I have talked to my black BIL in length about all of the #### he has seen, he is 85 now so he has seen a lot of it, I would listen intently and believe him but I think I had a hard time putting myself in his shoes, I think finally I am turning the corner and want to be part of the solution somehow instead of saying that if it doesn't affect me that I am not going to worry about it, it took me awhile

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I think there is a somewhere in between

Jun 17, 2020, 1:55 PM

I have a white friend...

Jun 17, 2020, 2:26 PM

who has an adopted black son.

Two nights ago his white nephew (covered in tattoos and piercings) and his black son were sitting in a parking lot across the street from the police station for the nephew to meet his baby mama to pay child support.

Before you know it, 6 cops are on the scene.

So the question for everybody is "what would you do?"

Were the cops wrong to even investigate? What would you think if you saw the pair I described above sitting in a parked car?

---- The actually outcome was fine. The first cop on the scene was a jerk. The rest of the cops were cool and apologized and explained that emotions are high in the current climtae.

But, while offended, the nephew was cooperative. How would it been if he had decided to be a jerk?

lol you having a white friend***

Jun 17, 2020, 3:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I'm sorry you feel that I am compromising...

Jun 17, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Agree to disagree then ]

and playing semantics. I think the evidence is also there that people of color are often approached differently by law enforcement than whites (unless said whites are covered with tattoos and piercings).

I am going to swallow my pride and biases and try to be part of the solution.

Re: I'm sorry you feel that I am compromising...

Jun 17, 2020, 1:02 PM

It may be true blacks are approached differently and THE REASON IS THEY COMMIT MURDER/ROBBERY AT MORE THAN 4.5X WHITES, per capita.

That is, you are four or five times more likely, when engaging a random person, to be dealing with some type of criminal when the person is black vs. white. It's stats, not racism.

I agree we all wish it were not that way, but right now it is. And, it's not "fair" when a child is born into poverty as a black vs. the white kid born in the suburbs...The probability of equal outcomes is very unlikely. It needs to be fixed, but that is a problem that will take generations to fix.

Re: I'm sorry you feel that I am compromising...

Jun 17, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry you feel that I am compromising... ]

I'm against that too...

Jun 17, 2020, 1:44 PM

I'm not going to be forced to say something I don't believe and I'm not going to be forced to parse my words to conform to a prescribed formula.

No, it doesn't always, and depending on race and

Jun 17, 2020, 12:28 PM [ in reply to The legal system works ]

economics, it works even less. The race of the victim makes a huge difference.

Not only that, but imagine generalizations others could make

Jun 17, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to The legal system works ]

What kinds of generalizations could you make if you knew that black men commit far more interracial crimes than anybody else? Or that black men are more likely to kill police than they are to be unarmed and killed by police? What about the fact that white people committing violent crimes are more likely to be shot by police than black people committing violent crimes?

All of those generalizations that could be made would be wrong. But so is making the generalization that every black person killed by police or by a white person was unfairly victimized, and didn't get justice if their killer isn't charged with murder. I can understand why some black people might not feel that they get fair treatment, but with the crime statistics being what they are, I don't think we want people making generalizations based on feelings.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It appears BLM only cares about BLs

Jun 17, 2020, 1:54 PM

Of course, they do have a bunch of other beliefs you can easily find online in their "About Us" page. So, in addition to black lives, they also care about things like "cisgender privilege," being "queer affirming," and "disrupting the nuclear family." They also used to call Israel an "apartheid state."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which is why I will never post...

Jun 17, 2020, 2:18 PM

"black lives matter," white lives matter," or "all lives matter" anywhere.

That, and you might get fired for 2/3***

Jun 17, 2020, 2:32 PM

Replies: 53
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic