Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks Republicans for leading the science
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Thanks Republicans for leading the science

Dec 14, 2020, 10:10 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should thank the Turkish Muslim immigrants to Germany

Dec 14, 2020, 10:13 AM

who were educated at "free" German universities on their taxpayers' dime before founding their company (BioNTech).. Not saying Pfizer isn't playing a big part, but they didn't develop this vaccine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You should thank the Turkish Muslim immigrants to Germany

Dec 14, 2020, 10:14 AM

It's great that there are alternatives, but your post

Dec 14, 2020, 10:20 AM

was clearly about the "the first Americans getting vaccinated.. at renowned NYU Langone hospital" and I highly doubt they were given the Moderna vaccine or one of those "other two or three in the works".

Yep this is great news. Glad the Trump admin

Dec 14, 2020, 10:14 AM

were able to help speed this up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Thanks Republicans for leading the science

Dec 14, 2020, 10:17 AM

Trump was a disaster on every level when it came to Covid. You're on your own with that hot take T3.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:18 AM

Dec 14, 2020, 10:23 AM

Pretty much, but a bunch of companies are coming out with them at the same time. Trump was a non factor with the speed with what they came out. You're delusional. Pfizer did a great job. They have already stated that operation warp speed was a non factor. Trump was a non factor as to speeding it up. He is a factor in the excess amount of people that have died though.

You don't think a Democrat is just as capable of throwing

Dec 14, 2020, 10:20 AM

several billion dollars at medical research? That's one of the primary reasons you hate them, because they're so good at spending your tax dollars. Are are you trying to posit that Trump's remarkable business acumen is what got vaccines accomplished so quickly?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BioNTech received $0 from the US gov't for R&D***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:21 AM

Re: BioNTech received $0 from the US gov't for R&D***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:26 AM

The $1.9B is a purchase agreement for 100 million doses***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:28 AM

Re: The $1.9B is a purchase agreement for 100 million doses***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

That $2B was only "readily available" if the vaccine was

Dec 14, 2020, 10:36 AM

a success. Not the same thing as providing funding for R&D ahead of time.

Re: You don't think a Democrat is just as capable of throwing

Dec 14, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to You don't think a Democrat is just as capable of throwing ]

Cough England Cough Cough

Dec 14, 2020, 10:25 AM

"never even remotely been close to happening that quickly"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, yes, it was only possible because of Trump's remarkable

Dec 14, 2020, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: You don't think a Democrat is just as capable of throwing ]

business acumen.

NAILED IT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, yes, it was only possible because of Trump's remarkable

Dec 14, 2020, 10:29 AM

He did, and I think that's great. But what a weird assertion

that he did anything above and beyond what any other President could have and would have done in the same situation. Did he call Moderna and say something special that Biden wouldn't have?

That's not what he's saying.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: So, yes, it was only possible because of Trump's remarkable ]

It's your ridiculous assertion that only Trump was capable of doing this and that no one else, including the Biden admin, would have been able to. This is a foolish belief. You really think they wouldn't have also thrown this together?

And we've already discussed that Pfizer didn't take the Warp Speed money and did this on their own.

Hey, good on Trump and his clowns for finally taking some initiative with this effort. Doesn't wipe out his ineptitude back last winter, and this certainly isn't worthy of one your usual fellatios of this admin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Just gonna leave this here

Dec 14, 2020, 10:44 AM

You're wasting your time with T3, this is his/her stance

Dec 14, 2020, 10:44 AM [ in reply to That's not what he's saying. ]

on anything related to Trump

I know.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:46 AM

He's Trump's biggest fanboy here and also loses his mind when you prove him wrong. Just watch in this thread. He'll lose it in a second. That's the beauty of T3. He goes full rage when you prove him wrong because he knows you got him.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: I know.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:48 AM

Here it comes. The start of the rage.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:52 AM

I said Warp Speed was a good endeavor, but turned out to ultimately not be the deciding factor in the vaccine. It also doesn't erase Trump's ineptitude from January to March that got us in this mess in the first place.

And yet....

Dec 14, 2020, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I know. ]

here you are.

Re: And yet....

Dec 14, 2020, 10:56 AM

Re: You're wasting your time with T3, this is his/her stance

Dec 14, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to You're wasting your time with T3, this is his/her stance ]

China China China!

Dec 14, 2020, 11:23 AM

The China Hoax

Doo doo, doo doo doo

The China Hoax

Doo doo doo doo

The China Hoax

Doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo dooooooo doo

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: China China China!

Dec 14, 2020, 11:29 AM

Re: China China China!

Dec 14, 2020, 11:38 AM

By extensive evidence, do you mean anything like the meeting in Trump Tower between Don Jr. and the Russians, or like when Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen met with Russians, or when George Papadopoulos talked to Russians, or when Paul Manfort shared polling data with Russians, or when Jeff Sessions and Jared Kushner met with the Russian ambassador?

Or is it more when Russians offered to sell information to Roger Stone, or when Stone talked to Russian hackers?

Or is it more like the time that Don Jr. talked to Wikileaks, or when Kushner and Michael Flynn met with the Russian ambassador, or when Cohen met with a Russian billionaire at Trump Tower?

Just getting a handle on the sort of China Hoax evidence you're referring to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2020, 10:26 AM [ in reply to You don't think a Democrat is just as capable of throwing ]

Germany funded it. We told them we would buy a bunch of it if they came up with a vaccine. Like they didn't know that.

They've gotten plenty of credit outside of the US

Dec 14, 2020, 10:37 AM

and even from some US media outlets:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-09/pfizer-vaccine-s-funding-came-from-berlin-not-washington

Germany isn't the first ones vaccinating because the EU hasn't approved the vaccine yet:

https://www.startribune.com/germanys-heath-minister-urges-eu-to-approve-vaccine-faster/600001415/

Re: They've gotten plenty of credit outside of the US

Dec 14, 2020, 10:40 AM

Oh, Christ.

It's ####### factual information in the Bloomberg article. It takes a superb idiot to look at factual numbers provided on funding, which Pfizer-BioNTech itself confirmed, and say, "duh herp... Wonder if he's biased?!" What's the source biased about? Pointing out that the money came from Germany? Shattering T3's precious little false view of the world?

The reason you haven't heard/read about Germany's contribution is that you only consume fringe media sites that paint Trump in the rosiest of lights.

Warp Speed didn't assist Pfizer. Germany did.

Re: Oh, Christ.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:50 AM

Re: Oh, Christ.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:36 AM

Hold on, I can't keep up...

Dec 14, 2020, 2:14 PM

Am I loser if I reply right away or am I a loser if I reply hours later? I can't remember all the T3 rules and logic.

Re: Hold on, I can't keep up...

Dec 14, 2020, 2:19 PM

What am I if...

Dec 14, 2020, 2:43 PM

I worship a reality show demagogue, see anyone with different opinions as me as "the enemy", challenge people to fights on here, call for mob violence after my candidate loses, tell people to go kill themselves when they prove me wrong, and go on an angry TD spree when someone says something I don't like. What am I then?

Re: What am I if...

Dec 14, 2020, 2:47 PM

Repeating myself?

Dec 14, 2020, 3:02 PM

Like the people here constantly posting the next court case filing or BS conspiracy election link over and over and over and over, swearing this time this is it?

Why is credit so important?

Dec 14, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: You don't think a Democrat is just as capable of throwing ]

I'm missing where anyone is saying that everyone involved didn't do a good job on this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is credit so important?

Dec 14, 2020, 10:51 AM

For the Pfizer vaccine, he shouldn't.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:53 AM

W T F did he have anything to do with the Pfizer vaccine that was funded by Germany?

I believe he's getting the credit he deserves based upon

Dec 14, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Why is credit so important? ]

his involvement in the vaccine development. He's getting the credit any other President would be getting. This seems more an issue of some believing that he's not being praised enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe he's getting the credit he deserves based upon

Dec 14, 2020, 11:00 AM

"Why won't all of you worship my Dear Leader?!?!" -T3

Everyone says Warp Speed was great.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:02 AM

T3: You must praise Trump.

According to HHS, the funding came from Congress.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to You don't think a Democrat is just as capable of throwing ]

So Democrats and Republicans threw money at it.

How is Operation Warp Speed being funded?

Congress has directed almost $10 billion to this effort through supplemental funding, including the CARES Act. Congress has also appropriated other flexible funding. The almost $10 billion specifically directed includes more than $6.5 billion designated for countermeasure development through BARDA and $3 billion for NIH research.

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/explaining-operation-warp-speed/index.html

Nice.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:21 AM

Our tax dollars at work.

So glad that the government didn't just get out of the way of private enterprise. Just goes to show you how important the government is for solving problems. Pay your taxes!

Now that Republicans have demonstrated how great the

Dec 14, 2020, 10:22 AM

federal government is at providing healthcare, maybe we should move to single payer.

Re: Now that Republicans have demonstrated how great the

Dec 14, 2020, 10:23 AM

Right, so have the gov't work with UHG and BCBS and

Dec 14, 2020, 10:46 AM

other insurance companies to provide health insurance to all Americans. It'll be like a Swiss watch.

Public/private! I'm all in!

Dec 14, 2020, 10:51 AM

Much better than letting the free market handle this on its own. Public/private! Thank you Trump!

Re: Now that Republicans have demonstrated how great the

Dec 14, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Now that Republicans have demonstrated how great the ]

from a healthcare standpoint...

Dec 14, 2020, 10:40 AM

you are fuking clueless. thank the scientists. politicians did nothing - as always.

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Trump is from the government and he's here to help!

Glad we put that old Reagan-era nonsense to bed.

What’s that they say about a blind squirrel

Dec 14, 2020, 11:05 AM

and a nut? Seriously, I’ll even give Trump the benefit of the doubt on this and acknowledge he may have done something right...in spite of himself.

You know the vaccine has a nano marker with 666 on it.

Dec 14, 2020, 11:49 AM

I'm getting two shots, maybe it will add up ok. I'm not worried about a tracking device. I think one came installed in my recliner so they know where I am anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Trump Vaccine is good!! Take the Trump Vaccine!!***

Dec 14, 2020, 11:50 AM

Easy on the 'shine...***

Dec 14, 2020, 2:50 PM [ in reply to You know the vaccine has a nano marker with 666 on it. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic