Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bend over and lube up, fellas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 988

Bend over and lube up, fellas

Feb 21, 2021, 8:46 PM

Price of gas is about to go through the roof. Brother works for a large chemical corporation that has many facilities in Texas. His expertise is in fiberglass, but his company deals in petroleum and refineries. When the storm hit Texas, all of the refineries had gone to hot standby instead of full shutdown. So basically, everything froze with valves open, chemicals in the lines. The whole situation is a clusterfuck and every single refinery is down. And due to the storm, they were not even able to get into the facilities to assess the damage until this weekend. It will take weeks for them to get up and running. He is predicting the price of gas to hit $3.50-$4.00 per gallon or more. If you need gas, go get it NOW! It's going to be bad for a while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

They'll tap the reserve Trump built up if that's the case.

Feb 21, 2021, 9:15 PM

One of the moves I was all for when Trump did it even though the left thought it was a bad move. Never understood why it's bad to buy low when you know you'll need it eventually. I didn't think he'd need it in a year, but whatever..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't the reserve oil, not refined gas?***

Feb 22, 2021, 11:13 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Kamalalala***

Feb 21, 2021, 9:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fill up your tanks, buy toilet paper

Feb 21, 2021, 9:22 PM

Milk, eggs, & alcohol...

Other brother just signed a contract to get his

Feb 21, 2021, 9:27 PM

master bathroom remodeled. He is gonna get screwed when prices of materials skyrocket.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

So, the refineries are stupid?

Feb 21, 2021, 9:51 PM

Why would the refinery prep be any different than for that of a hurricane? I get 'standby', but...isn't that also done for 'canes? While some supply drop is expected due to lack of refining last week, the math doesn't make a lot of sense...other than motivation to jack prices. If an entire industry lacks a sensible response to a temp drop...well...

What am I missing?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're not missing anything.

Feb 21, 2021, 9:52 PM

You're just Salty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. BIL paying $90K to add a bedroom, and

Feb 22, 2021, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Other brother just signed a contract to get his ]

extend a hallway 10 feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And people laughed at me when I said

Feb 21, 2021, 9:49 PM

Elon Musk had invented a weather machine to disrupt the oil supply and drive up the price of oil to make his cars more affordable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

that sounds like something outta General Hospital

Feb 21, 2021, 9:55 PM

No, really....it does

"In 1981, Mikkos made his only on screen appearances on General Hospital when he was the mastermind behind a plot to obtain world domination by holding the world at ransom through the use of a weather machine that could create a severe snowstorm. He claimed it was for a utopia, a perfect world. He never allowed anyone to see his experiments."

https://general-hospital.fandom.com/wiki/Mikkos_Cassadine_(John_Colicos)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Our whole hall in Johnstone was hooked on GH during the

Feb 22, 2021, 8:56 AM

Luke & Laura Save The World era, LOL.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol GH, Y&R was way better***

Feb 22, 2021, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Doubtful....

Feb 21, 2021, 10:21 PM

Futures are $1.80 per gallon (add your taxes and profit to get pump price). In GA we're about 75 cents over wholesale which aligns perfectly since we've gone from $2.19 to $2.55 in the last two weeks.

Biden has done more for oil prices than the Texas storm. He's starting a trade war with Canada.

General Hospital? LMAO. Stefano and the DiMera family had

Feb 21, 2021, 10:35 PM

the oil market cornered long ago in Days of Our Lives. Just go to Doug's Place and have a drink...

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Thanks for the waring but also people should really never

Feb 22, 2021, 9:05 AM

say stuff like this on a large scale, no matter how true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Starting to wonder about those Aggie engineers. Seriously_

Feb 22, 2021, 1:25 PM

if this is a major issue, I’m putting my money on China.

Cold weather resilience through tried & true technology and operational practices is is a #### low hurdle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news!!!

Feb 22, 2021, 1:38 PM

My employer will make bank off the refinery outages!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 988
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic