Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crickets on needed opponent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Crickets on needed opponent

Aug 12, 2020, 4:00 PM

Hasn't ACC, SEC, and Big 12 except for us nailed down their schedule? Who's left to play if Big 10 and PAC 12 rouge teams are forbiden to schedule us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we will probably only play the conf schedule

Aug 12, 2020, 4:09 PM

since Akron and Citadel both look like no-gos. Most leagues if they are playing aren't starting until later I think. To bring in another team at this point that doesn't have the same protocols as the ACC would be silly IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we will probably only play the conf schedule

Aug 12, 2020, 4:14 PM

But if all other teams play 10 and we only play 9 imagine the cry to disqualify us from post season. We better play 10 but we need an opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we will probably only play the conf schedule

Aug 12, 2020, 4:17 PM

We're playing 10 just like the SEC. The game in question would be our 11th game. I don't think we'll get punished if we end up not scheduling an additional opponent to blowout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't we play another ACC team who is in the same

Aug 12, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: we will probably only play the conf schedule ]

position and just not have it count as a conference game?

Like NC State, Louisville, UNC, etc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

we'd have to get a waiver - has to be played in state- but

Aug 12, 2020, 4:22 PM

tell me which one of them would show up for a rd. game in DV by choice? and I think they all have opponents already unless someone canceled/scratched their season.

The ACC is the only P5 even allowing an 11th game at this point- the other 2 are 10 games total, so who cares if we play it- it's not going to impact our road to the playoff if there is one

Thanks. I didn't realize we had the option.

Aug 12, 2020, 4:31 PM

Makes for 3 open dates but if we play I am happy!

Thanks. I didn't realize we had the option.

Aug 12, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to we'd have to get a waiver - has to be played in state- but ]

Makes for 3 open dates but if we play I am happy!

Re: Crickets on needed opponent

Aug 12, 2020, 4:20 PM

As soon as other conferences said no OOC, it has made 0 sense to keep one. Big 12 is playing 9 games. SEC is playing 10 games. There is no benefit for us to play an 11th game. Hopefully we leave it open.

Only benefit would be Clemson merchants

Aug 12, 2020, 4:29 PM

I guess, even with limited attendance.

Re: Crickets on needed opponent

Aug 12, 2020, 4:20 PM

I have no inside info but my hope is they are holding out to see if they can make something happen with scheduling that team in the center of the state.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic