Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas' best interests - lukewarm about expansion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 903

Texas' best interests - lukewarm about expansion

May 31, 2012, 3:16 PM

Nice read from a Texas perspective

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2012/5/29/3042646/big-12-expansion-think-about-it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texas' best interests - lukewarm about expansion

May 31, 2012, 3:42 PM

Why wouldn't they be luke warm. They have what they want now. I doubt expansion matters to them very much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every taxpayer want more taxpayers to share the load.

May 31, 2012, 4:00 PM

FSU and Clemson have a good future in football and add much more than the average Big 12 schools to total revenues. The taste of equal revenue sharing still lingers in Texas' mouth.

Texas would host the CCG. That's gotta be worth something.

Every good Big 12 football school is facing the old haunting thought that a CCG could knock them out of a shot at the NC game or now the playoffs. The SEC went through that back in the '90s.

When it comes down to money I believe Texas will vote for the dollar and their arrogance will keep them believing they can win no matter what the circumstances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every taxpayer want more taxpayers to share the load.

Jun 1, 2012, 11:22 PM

Good points, but I was looking at it as if they were thinking 2 more schools dilute their pot. I would bet that is the way the conference chair looks at it, too, or they would have said we are considering it, rather than nixing the idea. Of course, they probably are running the numbers as we speak, so who knows what will happen? I just wish we would get out of this pseudo conference we are in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 903
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic