Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: A Monday in October changed the direction of the Clemson football program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

TNET: A Monday in October changed the direction of the Clemson football program

May 12, 2020, 8:01 AM

A Monday in October changed the direction of the Clemson football program

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney went from walk-on to scholarship player to assistant coach during his time at Alabama, but it was a Monday in October in Clemson that changed the course of his life. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terry Don Phillips

May 12, 2020, 8:37 AM

Thank you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terry Don Phillips

May 12, 2020, 9:18 AM

I will give TB a little credit too, if he really did make the suggestion to give Dabo a shot. But, seems to me, if he really thought that much of Dabo, he would have promoted him to a coordinator job, instead of just being a position coach. Either way, it turned out ok for Bowden, and GREAT for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terry Don Phillips

May 12, 2020, 9:26 AM

Earthly thanks for those inspired by Dabo in those days are appropriate. But I don't belI've in coincidence. Our Lord had a big hand in this momentous time, and still does BTW. He gets the Credit (with a capital C).

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo wasn't just a position coach, he was named Asst HC...

May 12, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Terry Don Phillips ]

given the money and the responsibility of being the Football Program's representative voice on Barker's commission to review the AARC process.

It was THE moment when Academia & the Athletic Department came together after all the years since Danny stepped in it and tracked doodoo over Max's new rug.

It was Dabo's introduction & first interview of sorts with many powers-that-be at the time.

https://www.wistv.com/story/6084126/barker-clemson-to-review-admissions-process/

https://clemson.rivals.com/news/clemson-issues-report-on-admission-reform

I know Tommy elicits some passionate opinions from many, but he was fighting a lot of fears/ghosts that had haunted the AD too long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic