Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Terry Don Phillips
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Terry Don Phillips

Sep 1, 2012, 4:19 PM

As we get ready to take on Auburn tonight I have to give a shout out to Terry Don who will be retiring next year. He's done one heck of a job, and Clemson has been very fortunate to have had him. He has made very successful hires in the major sports with Oliver Purnell and Brad Brownell in B-ball and of course Dabo Swinney. He has found talented young coaches who can grow with Clemson rather than bringing in older (and safer) mercenary coaches who don't give a hoot about the real Clemson. He also had the guts to hire a very young Dabo Swinney as he recognized the huge upside potential. Over the next ten years Swinney and Brownell could turn out to be the best ever at Clemson, that is if we can hang on to them. And of course Dr. Phillips has spearheaded the much needed facilities upgrade. There has been no question who has been in charge of Clemson athletics, and we are all the better for it. Go Tigers and beat Auburn!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terry Don Phillips

Sep 1, 2012, 4:57 PM

I agree.

Re: Terry Don Phillips- I generally agree

Sep 1, 2012, 4:57 PM

the elimination of swimming and virtual killing of soccer and womens basketball have been disappointments on balance though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2012, 5:01 PM

I agree.

Sep 1, 2012, 5:35 PM

I'm surprised and pleased to see only positive responses to my post about Terry Don. Over the past 2 years I've seen a lot of negative comments on this board about our AD. Maybe that had more to do with the hiring of Dabo who now seems to be working out, what with an ACC championship and such.

I kind of doubt he reads Tigernet***

Sep 1, 2012, 5:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic