Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Ignorant Americans:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Dear Ignorant Americans:

Aug 9, 2017, 7:04 AM

Allow me to explain the real reason why Colin Kaepernick no longer has a position of employment within the ranks of the NFL. Mr.Kaepernick was not a victim of racism regardless of how it looked. No, Colin Kaepernick was a victim of his own stupidity.

Allow me the opportunity to explain. In life, when you hold a position of employment there are company rules and policies set forth by the company owner, directors, and managers. Colin Kaepernick disregarded company policy to execute his own agenda. Instead of focusing on playing quality football at his position, he instead chose to use his position of employment as a political platform. This was a clear violation of company policy, but that doesn't even include his abysmal performances leading up to his political stunt during the National Anthem.

To be honest, many people were offended by his little act of disrespect, but that isn't what is important. The San Francisco 49ers have a team owner. That team owner does not issue paychecks to employees so that they can bring political attention to themselves. No, employees are paid to do their jobs and nothing more.

Now, allow us to examine Tim Tebow for a moment. Tim Tebow was a household favorite for the majority of the nation. In fact, most of the nation approved of his public displays of his faith in Christ. Even I was a fan of his display of faith in Christ. However, company policy is company policy regardless if we agree or not. Tim Tebow took the Denver Broncos all the way to the playoffs his first season. In return he was cut from the team for a QB that was old, had neck problems, and was on the verge of retirement. If you ask me, it was a business decision. Again, this decision was not about racism, it was about company policy as it pertains to ethics, behavior, and public image for the company.

In conclusion I will say this. Whether you agree or disagree with Colin Kaepernick's stance on the National Anthem or not has nothing to do with his reason for termination. The fact remains that he was not adhering to company policy, nor was he doing a great job for his team. His rankings were low, his regard for the team's public image was nonexistent, and at that point you have to make a business decision if you're the company or team owner.

Just my two cents....

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Dear Ignorant Americans:

Aug 9, 2017, 7:38 AM

Hey, I lost Chris' number. Can you send it again? I need to contact him.

Thanks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz.

Aug 9, 2017, 7:58 AM

You think Tim Tebow got cut because of his religious displays, and not because of his football skillset. Your opinion on pretty much anything else is now invalid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lulz.

Aug 9, 2017, 8:01 AM

LOL sounds like many of the Christians i debated with right after Tebow was cut.

I believe that if owners thought he (or any player) could lead them to SuperBowl wins, he'd make a team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 8:16 AM

People really said he was cut because he was a Christian? That is beyond stupid. He was obviously never going to make it in the NFL.

I really wish people like the OP would lay off Kaepernick.....I believe he made an emotional response to something he thought was an injustice and was off base with his remarks but to continue to bash the guy is ridiculous.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 8:22 AM

So that you understand. I don't care what his stance was. The fact remains that he was using his position of employment within a company to project his political ideologies. He had to go at that point because as a member of the 49ers, you represent them in all that you do. The only exception would be the appearance of such an employee at a charity function.

Now, on matters of Tim Tebow. How many other rookie QB do you know that led their team to the Playoffs in their first season? Exactly..... What was Colin Kaepernick's QB ranking across the league? Exactly...

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

Aug 9, 2017, 8:59 AM

So how do you feel about this?

Aug 10, 2017, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Lulz. ]

Kaepernick's lowest yearly QBR was 47 is 2015, six points higher than Tim Tebow's lone season with a 41.6. Also RG3 took the Redskins to the playoffs his rookie year and hasn't done anything since.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Lulz. ]

Yeah, i ain't gonna bash the guy.

But, i do believe this crap that he isnt making a team because of his stance is just crap. If owners thought he would lead them to superbowl wins, he'd make a team.

I don't buy into the garbage that a team would rather lose than bring in a piece that could win them games.

Christian's can't throw forward passes 19b, it's

Aug 10, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Lulz. ]

Part of the Old Testament.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good night Chesty where ever you are!***

Aug 9, 2017, 8:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

goodnight mrs calabash***

Aug 10, 2017, 6:03 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like 3 cents***

Aug 9, 2017, 9:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly agree but the Broncos won a Super Bowl

Aug 9, 2017, 9:26 AM

with Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow floundered around from team to team. He was not a good QB.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Your ignorance is an insult to Chesty Puller.

Aug 9, 2017, 11:14 AM

And while the Lunge may be divided amongst varied opinions, we are not ignorant...except for FacebookCoach, and we got rid of him.

Save your ######## and pyramid schemes for FGF, we ain't interested over here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your ignorance is an insult to Chesty Puller.

Aug 10, 2017, 10:49 AM

If only you knew me, and weren't ignorant then you could make such an insulting statement. However, there are plenty of people on Tigernet that know me personally. If you care to meet in person to tell me what a scam artist I am to my face, then I invite you to do so Mr.Keyboard Warrior. T-Mail me and I will provide you my address. Otherwise, you're simply a coward. Nuff said!

~Chesty Puller

Aug 10, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Your ignorance is an insult to Chesty Puller. ]

Fbcoachsc is gone?

Aug 10, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Your ignorance is an insult to Chesty Puller. ]

Bring it on! I'm the Champion of the United States!

https://youtu.be/fW9aNVm6DfU

~Chesty Puller

Aug 10, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Your ignorance is an insult to Chesty Puller. ]

For the record, NOBODY on my end offered anyone on here any sort of MLM Scheme or Pyramid Scheme. It was a public offering on Wall Street. Nothing more, nothing less. Just because you're business illiterate doesn't mean that I am a scam artist. Again, I offer you an in person face to face if you care to elaborate.

~Chesty Puller

Hmmmm

Aug 10, 2017, 3:17 PM

Re: Dear Ignorant Americans:

Aug 9, 2017, 1:47 PM

However you feel about Kapernick exercising his right to free speech. It should be disconcerting that the NFL or anyone else would won't to punish anyone for utilizing their constitutional freedom.

Freedom isn't just for those you agree with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell that to the guy at Google who got fired

Aug 10, 2017, 12:29 PM

Thoughts on Kaepernick. The NFL is a business. Although everyone has a right to their own opinion, whether they are right, wrong or indifferent, NFL is a business. When you make incendiary remarks about the US, kneel for the National Anthem, wear socks bashing cops and speak of Fidel Castro as a "folk-hero", rather than a tyrant and murderer (which he was), you are going to #### off the majority of NFL fans. As a business owner, would you hire a guy that you know is going to #### off 3/4 of your customers? No one would. This guy is a pariah in the NFL. He's done. Maybe he can get a job at MSNBC or CNN, but the NFL is done. He's only got himself to blame. There's a time and place for everything.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

That is a mischaracterization of what is happening here...

Aug 10, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Dear Ignorant Americans: ]

Or, what would be happening if he was canned for the kneeling thing.

I'm amazed how often people think the first amendment gives you the right to say or do whatever you want (in terms of expressing your opinion) without any consequence. That is crazy.

The first amendment is between a citizen and the government. That's it. If he got thrown in jail for kneeling during the anthem, or talking smack about the country, we all have a problem.

The NFL, on the other hand, must consider its perception to its customers, and if his antics caused a serious issue there, they are free to take action. Think about it...if that were not the case, you're basically forcing an organization to associate with (and be represented by) any outlandish opinion an employee would have. That's just as invasive on their freedoms as if the government arrested Kaepernik for kneeling during the anthem.

I don't respect or agree with what Kaepernik did. I won't support a team he plays for. That's about the extent of my moral outrage...one guy's passive support. On that note, the NFL basically lost me when the Steelers (which was my team) hired Vick (who I could never support). Now I watch when I want to see DW or Watkins or Nuk, but only if there's nothing else going on.

null

I'm looking for an investment opportunity

Aug 9, 2017, 2:17 PM

Can you help me?

Bottling farts..

Aug 10, 2017, 6:03 AM

50k/franchise...

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic