Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Technically this Virus is called Sars-COV-2 and the disease it causes is COVID-19.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Technically this Virus is called Sars-COV-2 and the disease it causes is COVID-19.

Apr 1, 2020, 10:26 AM

It’s a new or novel family of Sars; offers no immunity; 20% of those affected will need hospital care with 50% of those needing a respirator and 50% of those could die.

It is spread by being airborne and/or by contact.

Saying, cover your sneeze or cough and stop kissing, hugging or shaking hands.

It causes a respiratory-breathing-lung condition which is made more deadly if you are old, have high blood pressure, are obese, have weak lungs, a smoker, etc.

Wearing a mask would be a smart thing to do.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From a Thoracic doctor, good info

Apr 1, 2020, 10:29 AM

https://medium.com/@paulanderson_73765/nyc-lung-doctor-tells-his-family-how-to-protect-themselves-from-covid-19-fb0b117b3472

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty simple:

Apr 1, 2020, 11:04 AM

Keep hands clean and sanitized.
Don't touch your face.
Avoid close, sustained contavt with other people.

Bam - You won't get COVID-19.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: From a Thoracic doctor, good info

Apr 1, 2020, 5:17 PM [ in reply to From a Thoracic doctor, good info ]

That looks like a tack ball, if any of you surveyed in the olden days when the tacks came in what looked like Prince Albert cans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Technically this Virus is called Sars-COV-2 and the disease it causes is COVID-19.

Apr 1, 2020, 10:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: This Virus is called Sars-COV-2 and the disease it causes is COVID-19.

Apr 1, 2020, 10:35 AM

20% will need hospitalization. half of those will need ICU. Half of ICU will need ventilators. Total deaths will be determined by our action or inaction. Best case: 240,000 dead, in the first wave, which will probably peak mid-April. Worst case: We get 3-day doubling that continues another couple of cycles past best-case estimate, in which case we get 960,000 dead. That would be virus-related deaths. Of course, in a worst-case scenario, we go way past total ventilators and space available, which means people start dying of medieval-pandemic stuff, like dehydration, organ failure from fever, exposure (picture a line of cars with sick people in them, waiting 12 hours for processing on a July day in Richland). Let's try for the best-case, shall we?

Suggest you take a look at the IHME graphs.

Apr 1, 2020, 10:46 AM

These guys have the most accurate model that is updated daily based on near real time data and is what the pros in the Coronavirus Task Force are using to build our strategies:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve been recommending that...

Apr 1, 2020, 10:51 AM

Tigerbalm1® wear a mask for years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I’ve been recommending that...

Apr 1, 2020, 10:56 AM

what about a muzzle? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ve been recommending that...

Apr 1, 2020, 11:06 AM

I think you’d both be satisfied with a gimp mask.

He does look funny when he wears that.***

Apr 1, 2020, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Technically this Virus is called Sars-COV-2 and the disease it causes is COVID-19.

Apr 1, 2020, 1:08 PM

How many Severe, Acute, Respiratory Syndrome viruses are there? What are their mutation rates? Do they tend to mutate at a consistent rate? Asking for a friend.

Apr 1, 2020, 6:05 PM

This lays it out very well. http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/id/Pages/Human-Coronavirus.aspx

Short version: There are 7 coronaviruses that can infect humans.

4 of them cause very mild symptoms.

3 have crossed from animals to humans, all with dire consequences: SARS-CoV in 2002, MERS-CoV in 2012, SARS-CoV2 in 2019.

That is a nice PSA

Apr 1, 2020, 5:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic