Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CJ spiller has a net worth of 12 million...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

CJ spiller has a net worth of 12 million...

Feb 24, 2021, 9:42 PM

But his career earnings are 30 million. Where that other 18 million go? I could see blowing 5 on cars and other depreciated assets, but he should be worth over 20.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taxes

Feb 24, 2021, 9:44 PM

Also, every pro player must pay state taxes on money earned in states played in. Something like that bud

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus agents***

Feb 24, 2021, 9:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say he has done rather well to have that much stashed

Feb 24, 2021, 9:50 PM

away. Lots of players blow their wads like it is never gonna end. Good for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what I was thinking. If he does have that much he's

Feb 24, 2021, 10:08 PM

way better off than most ex-players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if so, he's done way WAY better than most... if I remember

Feb 24, 2021, 11:07 PM

correctly, an article a few years ago said something like 70% of all NFL/NBA players file for bankruptcy within 5 years of retiring. Doesn't matter how much they earned... $5M, $20M, $50M, $200M... 5 years later, they've shot the wad. Broke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Sounds like lottery winners.***

Feb 25, 2021, 5:37 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be interesting to see

Feb 25, 2021, 5:56 AM [ in reply to if so, he's done way WAY better than most... if I remember ]

how many of those that filed had used family/friends as their accountant/financial advisor vs. those that had an actual accountant/advisor but ignored the advice of them & spent frivolously.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

It's a combination of things, I guess the biggest being most

Feb 25, 2021, 10:16 AM

have no experience handling money. No financial wisdom handed down from dad, granddad, etc. They get it all at once, rags to riches, like a lottery winner... unlike say, someone who slowly builds wealth over decades. And it's not as much as it sounds like. A $7M a year contract doesn't mean you pocket $7M... taxes take half, your agent gets a big cut, etc.

They probably come from a poor family, so they want to take care of them... buy Mom a house, get one for Big Mama, too... brothers & sisters need some help... get a top-notch lawyer for that uncle with a murder trial coming up... a niece that needs surgery... best friend wants to "borrow" $250K to start his music career... hey, he'll pay you back just as soon as he hits it big. (LOL)

Women. Jesus Christ, now we're talking. You're attracting the kind of women you never dreamed possible, only they're really a nightmare. Toss in a nasty divorce, big alimony and child support checks... maybe a couple other kids with Baby Mommas... they all sink their fangs in you.

Too much bling... a huge mansion, Bentleys, jewelry, other toys.

When you're 27 years old and on top of the world, it seems like it will go on forever. But you're one nagging injury from the gravy train ending. And they never really stopped to consider the "on going expenses" of all those houses... property taxes, insurance, utilities, repairs, pool & grounds maintenance, the list goes on.

Anyway, I can see how it happens...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: kudos, better than the alternatives

Feb 25, 2021, 8:14 AM

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film/_/page/broke

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic