Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Targeting Call on Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,084

Targeting Call on Smith

Sep 23, 2018, 10:31 AM

Apparently targeting is not what I thought it is.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Targeting Call on Smith

Sep 23, 2018, 10:41 AM

It changes every week. From team to team. From official to official. From replay crew to replay crew. Joke!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 11:12 AM

Speaking of crews---those commentators were a joke! Showing pictures of Farrah Fawcett during a football game?!!
Please give us someone who actually announces what's going on in the game instead of useless trivia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 23, 2018, 11:34 AM

You honestly think the commentators are the same ones who decided to talk about that, and the truck just happened to have a photo ready to show to go along with that? Plus, who cares? Did it really take away from your game experience to have them talk about that for 5 seconds?

It annoyed me that they never replayed the personnal

Sep 23, 2018, 11:47 AM

foul calls

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most people don't know what it is

Sep 23, 2018, 11:18 AM

But a player is defenseless when throwing, or just after throwing. And he hit helmet to helmet, doesn't matter that he didn't "launch" or hit with the crown of his helmet. It was the correct call.

I saw 3 hits in the later games that used the

Sep 23, 2018, 11:27 AM

crown of the helmet to ball carriers who had already been stopped in their tracks by another tackler and no calls. Either get consistent or fine officials who get reported for no calls.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. I think it is a silly rule that is randomly

Sep 23, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Most people don't know what it is ]

and often incorrectly enforced, but as written, it was the correct call. It's just a terrible rule.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

ACC Officials Make Circus Clowns Look Professional

Sep 23, 2018, 11:38 AM

No way was that targeting, nor was the facemask call legit. What makes the targeting call worse is the fact that play was reviewed. The QB was still actively eluding the defenders, moving and changing his body postion. The tackler kept his eyes on the ball as one should do when defending a passing QB. I truly believe these ACC officials should move to judging modern dance.

Message was edited by: morbidtiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 11:46 AM

I agree. I saw no targeting whatsoever on that. It was an active play, not Smith's fault that the QB us like 5 8" and the wee lil fella got hit. I'm all for protecting players, but that wasnt a bad hit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,084
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic