Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"It's a down year for ACC basketball"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,510

"It's a down year for ACC basketball"

Mar 23, 2016, 7:34 PM

Meanwhile.... 6 out of the Sweet 16 are ACC and 1 of the top ACC schools banned themselves from making it too. 3 Big 12, 3 Big 10, 1 from the "mighty" Pac 12, Big East, SEC and WCC. That means the ACC is twice as good as either the Big 12 or Big 10 and 6 times as good as any of the other conferences.

If a couple bounces go the right way, the ACC could represent 6/8 of the Elite 8 and the entire Final 4.

Message was edited by: gtriple®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Talking heads on satellite radio say the ACC has been

Mar 23, 2016, 10:32 PM

successful in the tournament just because they've played lower seeded teams. They refuse to give the ACC any credit. These are the same talking heads that gush over the SEC bowl wins against lower ranked teams, arguing that those bowl wins prove the superiority of the SEC. They invariably will find a reason to deny credit to the ACC, even if it means ignoring fact, because they just want the ACC to go away. They will not be satisfied until there are only four power conferences. Hopefully, the ACC will continue to win, simply to shut these SEC homers up, although shutting them up seems impossible. They're like cockroaches, they just keep multiplying. Even Len Elmore joined in the circle jerk the other day, but what do you expect from a former Maryland player. I'll be pulling for all the ACC teams, except UNC, to advance, if for no other reason than it will mean more money for Clemson. But, I'll never be able to pull for those arrogant, cheating tar holes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile the Pac12 became the first conference since

Mar 24, 2016, 8:08 AM

seeding began to have 6 teams lose to teams seeded lower than them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Wouldn't all high seeds play lower seeded teams?

Mar 24, 2016, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Talking heads on satellite radio say the ACC has been ]

Only 2 of the ACC teams in the Sweet 16 weren't seeded on a line that predicted advancement. (Syracuse and ND)

And yes, the ACC has been fortunate in some matchups. But thats because a "power 5" team was beaten by a lower seed.

Wichita St beat Arizona (Miami was higher seed of that group of teams)
Yale beat Baylor (Duke was higher seed)
MTSU beat Michigan St (Syracuse was lowest seed)
SFA beat WVU (ND was lower than WVU)
Butler beat Texas Tech and Providence beat USC, but really there's no difference between an 8 and 9 seed. UVA and UNC were expected to advance anyway.

So looks to me that the ACC is 6-0 against teams that were previously 6-0 against other power 5 teams.

ACC! ACC! ACC!***

Mar 24, 2016, 8:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Re: "It's a down year for ACC basketball"

Mar 24, 2016, 8:43 AM

How can you say that when the mighty South Carolina game coots
were just beaten by a Ga.Tech team that kept us from getting to the N.I.T.
where we might have done the same.

They weren't just beaten by GT

Mar 24, 2016, 9:32 AM

They were humiliated at home with over a 30 point deficit for much of the 2nd half.

Re: "It's a down year for ACC basketball"

Mar 24, 2016, 9:27 AM

"That means the ACC is twice as good as either the Big 12 or Big 10 and 6 times as good as any of the other conferences."

Thaaaat...is not what that means.

But it is quite a feather in the cap of the conference.

null

Is this What CBB means when he says he's happy

Mar 24, 2016, 9:42 AM

for the .500 record in ACC play? I know I feel so much better for this justification. If we only didn't have to play those pesky Umass and SoCon teams, we'd have this BBall thing figured out.

Lol I know. But it sounds great.

Mar 24, 2016, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: "It's a down year for ACC basketball" ]

I do think the ACC is the best conference and it's not even close.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,510
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic