Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talked to a Bama fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 5,150

Talked to a Bama fan

Jul 28, 2018, 2:28 PM

in Sam's club just a little while ago, and he was telling me that he believed this was our year to win it all again. His words not mine, he says that he can't wait to see how Pretty boy does as the QB. I told him that about 75% of Tiger Nation was waiting to see the same thing, and the very next words out of his mouth was, what's wrong with the other 25%. I told him that Tiger Nation like most other schools has fans that don't like change, and that seniority has it's place at the top over the younger players.

He did say that most of his Bama friends believe that once TL gets several games under his belt, that he would break and set Clemson's all time passing yards record. Believe it or not but, this Bama fan was a really nice guy that spoke good of Clemson, and especially about Dabo. He also said that even thogh they would love to have Dabo after Saban retires but, him and many other Bama fans didn't believe that Dabo would leave Clemson for any other school bc the Clemson program is what he has built, and that Dabo didn't have a need to prove he could do the same at another school, not even at Bama bc Clemson was Dabo's and his families home now, I believe that also!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bumped in to one at Costco

Jul 28, 2018, 2:31 PM

that said pretty much all of the same things. I sure hope Saban gets the memo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I bumped in to one at Costco

Jul 28, 2018, 2:37 PM

I was chatting with a Bama fan on Amazon & he said he can’t wait for the playoffs cause he sells Bama gear on there & several coots buy it around that time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rare educated Bama fan

Jul 28, 2018, 3:09 PM

BTW, it just may be that until TL gets acclimated, KB is the better QB for now. Eventually I expect TL to take over and that will be great when it happens. It'll mean he's all that and then some.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: The rare educated Bama fan

Jul 28, 2018, 6:37 PM

You have to remember KB has been in the system a long time and TL has been here for 20 practices. He should have a lot of catching up to do and hopefully he is a fast learner. It would be nice to have options this year. Give it to the guy with the hot hand!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2018, 6:37 PM [ in reply to The rare educated Bama fan ]

You have to remember KB has been in the system a long time and TL has been here for 20 practices. He should have a lot of catching up to do and hopefully he is a fast learner. It would be nice to have options this year. Give it to the guy with the hot hand!

Jul 28, 2018, 6:37 PM [ in reply to The rare educated Bama fan ]

Message was edited by: tigersnake1954®

Jul 29, 2018, 12:39 AM

Throwing a 60 yard rope and hitting your wide receiver in stride catches you up fast. If TL can perform as anticipated, his time will come sooner, not later.

Sounds like you met the "black swan" of Bama fans.***

Jul 28, 2018, 4:48 PM

Re: Sounds like you met the "black swan" of Bama fans.***

Jul 28, 2018, 7:12 PM

Actually this guy was very polite, more than any fan of another school that I've ever met, and that is my honest opinion!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 but...

Jul 28, 2018, 5:09 PM

you assumed that TL wouldn't start over KB and that's not been established yet. Dabo may know a bit about his progress with the playbook during downtime but we don't. Neither Dabo nor we know how fall camp will go for TL either.

I'd love to see him get an early start because I believe with some live NCAA experience he can produce at least as much as DW did if he remains healthy. I'm regarding DW's downtime for injuries which was significant during his first year. I'm also speculating that TL will have one absolute monster of a WR who will not be denied the ball on intermediate and long shots.

There's nothing wrong with speculating on a prospective reason for Dabo to hold TL out for part of the season but I think a red shirt would be a waste of a year for him and us. Imo, he will play often until he take the starting job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talked to a Bama fan

Jul 28, 2018, 6:00 PM

Funny you say that, I had a conversation with an Ohio St fan while in line waiting to order food at lunch yesterday. He saw my orange Clemson shirt (solid orange friday FTW!) yesterday. He basically said the same things and said Dabo & co have been killing the recruiting game and are returning a great team. He said he'll at least be happy if tOSU actually scores points on us if we end up facing each other in the CFB Playoffs!

Jul 29, 2018, 1:14 AM

Being a Bama fan is watered down in my opinion. You can go out to Seattle and run into people from there wearing Bama sh*t...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 29, 2018, 6:46 AM

It always tickles me when Clemson fans get giddy when Bama pays us a compliment. Maybe it’s like a supermodel telling your wife she looks good or something. Just don’t get it.

Jul 29, 2018, 7:17 AM

It's a matter of respecting mutual respect, and personally, I never hesitate to give it when it has been given. So wow, the appreciative (giddy) feeling that comes with being RESPECTED!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Replies: 14
| visibility 5,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic