Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Truth about Clowney for those w/ Tainted Orange Vision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

The Truth about Clowney for those w/ Tainted Orange Vision

Aug 17, 2013, 2:16 PM

Jadeveon Clowney is the most dominant and disruptive Football Player of the last decade if not more.

He is not Jevon Kearse....he has Jevon's speed and quickness with 3 inches of more height, 7 inches more wingspan and a noticeable amount of extra strength.

He is not Da'Quan Bowers....he is much, much, much better! No offense, 93!

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that Clowney is over-hyped by ESPN and all of the other SEC Nuttsniffers.

The fact is that had Jadeveon Clowney chose Clemson over SC, we would all be on here saying that he is the greatest Defensive player to ever play the game. And I believe that he is. He will not skip a beat in his transition to the NFL. He will display freakish stats similar to JJ Watt's because let's face it, there isn't a Left Tackle in the League with the lateral movement fast enough to keep Clowney out of the backfield.

So I'll say what so many of you are so scared to admit.

Jadeveon Clowney is the best College Football Player in the Country. He's more valuable to his team than anyone. He's the best NFL Prospect. He's one we all wish wore orange on Saturdays.

BUT at the end of the Day, there's no amount of 1st Round Signing Bonus Cash that will be able to erase the fact that for a few years of his life, he actually had to consider himself a South Carolina Gamecock! And that's the worst kind of punishment there is!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Truth about Clowney for those w/ Tainted Orange Vision

Aug 17, 2013, 2:17 PM

Feel better?

Yes....but not really.***

Aug 17, 2013, 2:20 PM

Oh, so you admit SCar is a one player team...

Aug 17, 2013, 2:21 PM

...because without him.....

Re: You haven't watched much fb in the last 50 years, have

Aug 17, 2013, 2:22 PM

you?

Without Clowney, SC is a 7-5 football team. As for how much

Aug 17, 2013, 2:24 PM

football I've watched, I have the Utah State @ UTEP game from 1986 on BETA playing right now.

Re: Without Clowney, SC is a 7-5 football team. As for how much

Aug 17, 2013, 2:31 PM

U are right about one thing without him scar at best is 7-5 but the most dominating... no.. LSU ran on top of him. We did also, and others! To be dominating you stop everything! To tell you the truth Ed Reid was more dominating last year and this year is yet to be determined.

So we controlled him and held him to 4 sacks?!! Great Point!***

Aug 17, 2013, 2:33 PM

No. We ran ALL OVER HIM.

Aug 17, 2013, 3:08 PM

and then Morris stopped running the ball.

Clowney was a nonfactor until Morris went all loco.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

If we would have stuck with the run we would have blown...

Aug 17, 2013, 4:39 PM

out the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we would have stuck with the run we would have blown...

Aug 17, 2013, 4:51 PM

Not saying blown out but feel we would have won. Clowny is a good player but he isn't dominating or the best in college football in a decade!

IDK about a blow out, but we would have won.

Aug 17, 2013, 6:10 PM [ in reply to If we would have stuck with the run we would have blown... ]

Similar notes:

Did we even prep for that game in 2011? I feel like we were the better team, even with an out of shape Boyd.

2010 they were better and deserved to win. The score could have been a lot worse.

And we all know about the fumble in 2009. Had that not happened...well, whatever. I'm ####### sick of it. It's time to beat them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we controlled him and held him to 4 sacks?!! Great Point!***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:45 PM [ in reply to So we controlled him and held him to 4 sacks?!! Great Point!*** ]

You should read. I said ran. Nothing about passing at all if you can run on top if him then he is not dominating

then i sure hope that talent is what you are basing your

Aug 20, 2013, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Without Clowney, SC is a 7-5 football team. As for how much ]

talent assessment on! doo-doo is good, is he bruce smith good, no., is he reggie white good, no., is he even randy white good, no. shall i go on?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Touch yourself

would not make a difference if he did choose Clemson over Usuck. He still was & is too dumb to get into Clemson. If he retakes the SAT he would not do better & Prep school was not an option

But we got Bellamy in?!!***

Aug 17, 2013, 2:34 PM

There is no doubt Clemson's standards are tougher...

Aug 17, 2013, 2:59 PM

than SC Tech. One must first be denied by CU before enrolling at SC.

are you friends with kiknchkn?

Aug 17, 2013, 2:36 PM

So hes better than Suh was? Really? Now I know you love the SEC so I guess I've already set myself up for that one.

I bet two years ago you labeled Ingram as the best ever.

Truth is he's not the best DE. OR DL. And Kyle van Noy is this year's, and last, best defensive player. Ints, FF, FR, Tds, and even punt returns.

But hey, everybody has already named -7 God. Crown him. No need for anybody to even play this year, right. To scared. Remember how teams wouldn't even leave the locker room before games. To scared so they all forfeited.

You, Mark Richt, and kicknchkdbag might be onto something here. Lets abolish football. Gone. Lets get a lacrosse team because hes to dominant. Good grief....

You showed your stupidity when you referred to a BYU

Aug 17, 2013, 2:38 PM

player as the best in football. Great SOS those Cougars have!

Talk about showing stupidity, I think you took this one***

Aug 17, 2013, 2:44 PM

Re: You showed your stupidity when you referred to a BYU

Aug 17, 2013, 2:49 PM [ in reply to You showed your stupidity when you referred to a BYU ]

Aww gosh, you got me. He doesn't play in the SEC. Thank God scar doesn't play wofford, Ecu, or any patsies where -7 tallied stats. I mean Kentucky and Mizzu scare me. And don't get me started on those fiercely bulldogs..... of Mississippi st.

Yea, byu plays NMSU. What happened last time your coots played them?! Oh yea, you stormed the field!

50 some tackles, 13 (?) sacks, and he is the most dominant

Aug 17, 2013, 2:38 PM

come on, now, exaggerate much? peppers was more disruptive without a doubt in my mind. elvis dummerville (sp?) had 8 sacks in 1 game against an sec school! doo-doo is double digits away from most sacks in a season, and a few hundred tackles away from most in a career. so, tell me again why you say he is the most dominant in forever, or some bs like that.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

And how many 1st-3rd round LT's did Peppers and Dumervil

Aug 17, 2013, 2:40 PM

face? Point made! Clowney will have played against 12 1st or 2nd Round LT's by the time this season ends and all of them had to have someone help block him! I rest my case!

Re: And how many 1st-3rd round LT's did Peppers and Dumervil

Aug 17, 2013, 2:43 PM

You must know since you have it on BETA...really guy? It's a Clemson board...you expected people to be singing his praises every other post. Go back to FGF archives that you have backed up on floppy disk and see how they talked about CJ Spiller...get a clue.

and all those lt's panned out ? your case is threw out!

Aug 17, 2013, 2:44 PM [ in reply to And how many 1st-3rd round LT's did Peppers and Dumervil ]

how can you even count " by the time this season ends and all of them had to have someone help block him!" pretty hypothetical if you ask me. reach much ?

Re: And how many 1st-3rd round LT's did Peppers and Dumervil

Aug 17, 2013, 2:52 PM [ in reply to And how many 1st-3rd round LT's did Peppers and Dumervil ]

Yup. Lewan OWNED HIM. So did LSU and many others. But I guess he was just taking those plays off.... as all the great players do.

you know, after looking up the draft for the last 2 years,

Aug 17, 2013, 5:21 PM [ in reply to And how many 1st-3rd round LT's did Peppers and Dumervil ]

there is a cordy glenn (2nd rnd,uga), brandon mosely, (4th rnd auburn), justin anderson (7th rnd,uga),dj fluker ('bama 1st rnd ) and y'all didn't play 'bama ! and i'm not sure which side of the field the uga guys played. either way, doo-doo's stats are not near as impressive as you would have one imagine.

I'm just not afraid to say how great he is unlike those of

Aug 17, 2013, 2:47 PM

you who like to think that Da'Quan, who hasn't done a single thing in the the NFL, is better than a guy who's in the running for the Heisman as a DE!

Tiger Fan or not, I have no problem admitting they have a great player!

Saying he's a great player...

Aug 17, 2013, 2:50 PM

and starting off a novel sized tirade with:

Jadeveon Clowney is the most dominant and disruptive Football Player of the last decade if not more.

are two very different things. Face it, your post was stupid...and most certainly on the wrong board.

You guys are all hurting my feelings.

Aug 17, 2013, 3:02 PM

\/\/\/\/
_ _
o o
.l.
/-\

and ? i'm not pc, either! better ask the younger generation

Aug 17, 2013, 3:05 PM

to feel sorry for ya.

Negative...

Aug 17, 2013, 3:10 PM

Speaking as a representative from the younger generation...we do not feel sorry for him either. Bad decisions have consequences. Think before you type.

good for you, young man! +1

Aug 17, 2013, 3:17 PM

must have good parents.

i would go with the "or not " part of your statement.

Aug 17, 2013, 2:51 PM [ in reply to I'm just not afraid to say how great he is unlike those of ]

doo-doo is good. he's not the "best that has been in over a decade", as you stated in a previous post, far from it.

"best that has been in over a decade" = that is comical

Aug 17, 2013, 2:57 PM

all i can say is "wow".

there are a LOT of 1st 2nd and 3rd round NFL picks that will humble him in the next level.

i think even Clowney knows he isnt THAT good...

sheesh

But are you afraid of Clowney???? He's so fearsome.***

Aug 17, 2013, 2:56 PM [ in reply to I'm just not afraid to say how great he is unlike those of ]

Re: I'm just not afraid to say how great he is unlike those of

Aug 17, 2013, 2:59 PM [ in reply to I'm just not afraid to say how great he is unlike those of ]

Lets just see what he does this year before calling him the best in football. No doubt he's a good player but lets face it..if not for a Michigan lineman missing his block and the clown making a great hit on the runningback (untouched), he would be just another player. Espn has made him the name he is today because of that one hit. And I really could care less one way or the other about him until he ran off at the mouth about how scared Boyd and everyone else is of him. Just shows he has learned to be a real a$$ like his new daddy the old ball sac.

Well you got one thing right.

Aug 17, 2013, 3:10 PM [ in reply to I'm just not afraid to say how great he is unlike those of ]

You're definitely not a tiger fan.

#### off, coot.

whiskey tango foxtrot??? i want what you are smoking

Aug 17, 2013, 2:52 PM

i'd give him his due, but to say he is "much, much, much better than Da'Quan Bowers"???

dood you have stepped out of reality. and honestly, you have shown how little insight you have for the sport.
i dont think there is a person in the NFL that would say that about anyone versus Bowers...

i joke that i would take some of what you are smoking,
but not what you want to smoke.....= Clowney's ____.

no Clemson fan would say that crazy sheet.

go back to your coop you #### lover.

He is good, but to say there isn't an OT in the NFL that...

Aug 17, 2013, 2:53 PM

can contend with him is just foolish. The Tenn and Mich OT's last year pretty well held their own with him. Yes he had a huge play near the end in both games, but that happens. Wonder how many plays during both those games was Clown man taken out of the play. LSU dominated and bullied his ###. No doubt a talent, but NFL OT's will be ok.

Aug 17, 2013, 2:58 PM

he's good but not the best ever. He just has the ESECPN hype machine behind him. His stats last year weren't even better than Da'Quan Bowers, who you say was so much worse, in his last season. Bowers had 15.5 sacks, 26 TFL, and 67 tackles, where Clowney only had 13 sacks, 23.5 TFL, and 54 tackles.

Spot on with the hype machine reference.***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:01 PM

Aug 17, 2013, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: The Truth about Clowney for those w/ Tainted Orange Vision ]

Bowers and the others were not double and triple teamed. A player that requires the attention a defensive Cor. has to give him justifies his dominance even if he does not make a tackle as long as one of the other players that doesn't get blocked does, he is indirectly responsible for that tackle or hurry. #2 if all the NFL scouts thinks he is the best. I mean, what the #### do they know?

get off your dads TNet acct boy

Aug 17, 2013, 2:59 PM

Or is this Heather? Is it you Dinich? With your ALWAYS insightful banter on thesec.com, I mean ESPN.

You've just been labeled a coot. Ignore button hit, abuse

Aug 17, 2013, 3:06 PM

reported.

he is not 3 inches taller than Jevon Kearse***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:08 PM

6'4"....6'7"?***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:36 PM

You sure have a hard one for the ole Clown.***

Aug 17, 2013, 6:12 PM

Dear Mr. Coral***

Aug 17, 2013, 3:15 PM

You're only allowed to recoginze and appreciate

Aug 17, 2013, 3:24 PM

the talents of OUR PLAYERS. Don't you get it? Sheesh.

one can appreciate athletic talent

Aug 17, 2013, 3:28 PM

but this dood has a Clown-man crush.

he is good. but best in a decade?

sheesh

Re: I appreciate your comment

Aug 17, 2013, 3:34 PM

but, I saw him first!!

Dear Mr. Corso

Aug 17, 2013, 3:30 PM

(Yea, T9 got me, my bad)

You were spot on about Jamarcus Russell. Just a freak athlete that stormed into the league and won all those Super Bowls just like Ryan Leaf. And his SEC dominance will continue into the league just like Heath Shuler. Right?

Hes the most dominant ever!? Led the NCAA in sacks, TFL, FF, FR. NOPE

But hey lets crown him. He led his team to a conference title. Wait...

And his memorable performance in the NCG, because after all, he was so dominant that he led them there. Nobody could stop him....

So are these scouting experts the same ones who feel Logan Thomas is the next Marino? I mean he is 8'5 and growing. And just like -7 hes a freak athlete who can't be stopped.

Re:BS. He is not even the best Def. player to play for the

Aug 17, 2013, 3:45 PM

Coots.

I don't understand the hate.

Aug 17, 2013, 4:05 PM

Clowney OWNED us. Let's be honest, friends. We need to stop making excuses for our O-Line shortcomings, and get ready for our national championship run. Go Tigers!

It seems you have ESECPN tainted vision***

Aug 17, 2013, 4:38 PM

No one denies he's a good player, but the fact that he is

Aug 17, 2013, 4:53 PM

on an SEC team (ESPN product) is why he is getting even more extra hype. It's a fact. Suh didn't even get as much preseason hype at Nebraska and Manti Teo partially got it because he was on a undefeated "Notre Dame" team.

Injury prone

Aug 17, 2013, 6:16 PM

I doubt he will be on the field in November

Stupid post of the day...spit out the ESecPN kool-aid...***

Aug 17, 2013, 6:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tenn LT kicked his butt for 58 minutes. Clowney disappears

Aug 17, 2013, 7:21 PM

for long stretched in a game. He does tend to show up at crucial times, though. But one could argue those times wouldn't be so crucial if he had played hard earlier.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The boy can flat out play! No doubt about it, but

Aug 17, 2013, 7:37 PM

he has a long way to go to be the best D player in the last decade. He is as athletically talented as anyone I've seen in the past decade for sure, but pure athleticism will not make anyone the greatest at whatever sport they play. I think it's known even to SC fans that the guy isn't the brightest star in the sky, so when he gets to the NFL he'll face guys who were all the best players on their respective teams. He'll have to, "up his football IQ" if he wants to be anywhere near as dominant as you're suggesting. IMO, he will inevitably, "skip a beat" when he gets to the NFL because there will be a learning curve. He WILL NOT be as dominant as he is on the collegiate landscape....certainly not as a rookie. Those OT's in the NFL, which I agree with your assessment of not being as quick, will flatten him a couple times (before, after, or during a play) just to reassure him of that fact. Just my 2 cents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The boy can flat out play! No doubt about it, but

Aug 20, 2013, 3:00 PM

Clowney wreaking havoc in practice!

There has been a lot of talk about the offensive line following Saturday's scrimmage. No doubt the group had some struggles on Saturday, but you would have had to be there in person to understand the amount of individual damage that Jadeveon Clowney did wreaking havoc on the offense.

172 yards rushing & 6+ yds per carry say he isn't all that.***

Aug 20, 2013, 3:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: 172 yards rushing & 6+ yds per carry say he isn't all that.***

Aug 20, 2013, 3:15 PM

He wasn't in long but while he was they went backwards. Anyway that was not my quote that came from the paper.

Re: 172 yards rushing & 6+ yds per carry say he isn't all that.***

Aug 20, 2013, 3:18 PM

We have a much better line this year. I look for a better game this year vs. the 'Bama conference "superman".

One thing about Morris: he never makes the same mistake twice. He won't give up the run if it's working this year.

Screw Calford.

You didn't watch Suh play for Nebraska then

Aug 20, 2013, 3:24 PM

Suh dominated while being double-teamed every snap.

Clowney still hasn't reached Bowers' numbers from his last year at Clemson, he'll have to surpass that this year for me to believe he was better than Bowers, although I'll admit that his light came on much faster.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic