Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talent, motivation, culture, experience
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,143

Talent, motivation, culture, experience

Dec 15, 2019, 9:21 AM

OSU has a boatload of talent and will be highly motivated for payback. Thier dream is beat Clemson then beat OK for the championship. Clemson is the first team ever to win a national championship, go undefeated and drop in the polls. Let's call OSU with an edge on recruited talent, based on the blue Chip ratio.

Even on motivation.

Clemson had outperformed its bluechip ratio, which I attribute to culture and big game performance.

I'd be curious about Ryan's culture vs Urban's. It seems more supportive and team oriented (Dabo you never let the team show a player disrespect the way OSU disrespected Burreaux, and I wonder where Ryan falls between Dabo and Urban). For now, Dabo had the edge on culture getting more out of players.

For big games, Day has done well. Dabo is phenomenal. So, edge to Dabo until Day beats him. And maybe Day is another Dabo. This is one that will be fun to watch.

Playoff experience. Dabo has a system, though a shorter layoff will help less experienced playoff coaches. Who's team has less rust? Think Dabo has a strong system. Day may be ok, but it's an unknown for them.

Finally, the big back factor - who was that back from Alabama that was running all over us until he got hurt? That combined with Fields running is a challenge. Keep our O offthr field, keep them from getting into a rythym. Load the box, shadow Fields, and put in confusing looks.

This will be a fun game to watch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talent, motivation, culture, experience

Dec 15, 2019, 9:40 AM

Taking the proverbial orange colored glasses off, a good breakdown. It should be an interesting game. For whatever reason, our recruited talent on blue chippers on defense didn’t pan out two- three classes ago. Imho, that’s what is going to set Dabo apart... the ability to develop under the radar talent ala Turner and CBV adjustments make the difference.

They’re definitely going to try to pound it out and wear the D down like they did wisky but wisky couldn’t make offensive adjustments to scratch in the second half.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 11:18 AM

While y'all are trying to grind us down for the second half, we'll score 24 and it will be over.

Plus, We too Deep !!

Dec 15, 2019, 9:46 AM

The big back I think you're talking about that run over us, was a UGA back named Todd Gurley!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2019, 11:38 AM

Cam Robinson on Bama 16’ o-line together with a heathy Bo Scarborough > Ohio State 19’

Dec 15, 2019, 12:01 PM

It’s always very tough for a big time QB to make plays sitting on his ACC! ,!!!

That should be the game plan.

( I hope this gets by the sensors)

Dec 15, 2019, 11:39 AM

Bo Scarborough is who you’re thinking of

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,143
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic