Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Taisun Phommachanh ****Real Deal****
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,709

Taisun Phommachanh ****Real Deal****

Apr 8, 2019, 7:26 PM

The players are saying he is the real deal. I wonder if A: "he will RS"? B: "get frustrated and leave knowing he could start somewhere else"? C: "wait his turn and stick it out"?

I for one am hoping for C. Clemson is as good an education as any you are going to get anywhere. So there is that. As far as playing; RS this year and suddenly you still have 1 year to learn from TL16 and CB7 w/four years of eligibility!

If we don't get DJU; this kid has the goods! If we do get DJU he has time in the system and a clear advantage over the incoming freshman. Best player wins! Whoever moves the ball best all over again!

You have to love so called, "rich people problems"! I hate the dilemma some of these players are in; but "nothing is promised"! It could be we need every QB on the roster(see Maryland 2 yrs ago) or just one all year; you never know! When your chance comes up and you get an opportunity to make plays: "make plays"! Make it hard to impossible for the coaches to sit you!

He seems like a humble kid who will just work and get better! Low maintenance and team oriented. Perfect kid to push CB and TL! Yes, even TL can be pushed. I think CB pushes TL to get better. Hoping this kid does the same for CB! CB I agree with Coach Swinney - will play in the NFL! No doubt about it. He will be one of those; "he came out of nowhere stories"! For everyone not familiar with Clemson that is.
Great to be a Tigers fan! Go Tigers!

Any other thoughts on TP?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think I can’t wait to watch him play when he has to be tackled

Apr 8, 2019, 7:32 PM

To be down.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think I can’t wait to watch him play when he has to be tackled

Apr 8, 2019, 9:43 PM

Unlike TLaw and Brice, TP11 as considered a dual threat QB out of high school. A running game should make him even more effective.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

E, F & G

Apr 8, 2019, 7:43 PM

He'll play.
He might be able to redshirt.
Clemson will be playing 2-3 QBs per game like they do all other positions.

Our schedule sets up really well for redshirt play this

Apr 8, 2019, 7:56 PM

season. We have three bigger challenges out of the gate finishing on the road at Syracuse where we won't see many burn minutes from down the depth chart. Game 4 is our first real through-the-ranks opportunity (1st of 4) and from there it's mostly competitive until we finish the state slate with Wofford and SCar.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taisun Phommachanh ****Real Deal****

Apr 8, 2019, 8:09 PM

Perhaps we should sit back and enjoy the ride letting the situation play out on its own.

Apr 8, 2019, 8:13 PM

I was very pleasantly surprised by this kid’s arm talent. The HS highlights I watched of him showed off his running ability more than his throwing. He was zipping it around the field and sliding around in the pocket with his head downfield instead of one read and go like I was expecting. With no prior knowledge, I was expecting more KB than DW, and I’m thinking and hoping that I was wrong.

I have watch them both play

Apr 8, 2019, 8:22 PM

Phommachan is the most impressive. To me. That, and a buck will get you soda at Mickey D’s

Think more Deshaun Watson than Kelly B

Apr 8, 2019, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Taisun Phommachanh ****Real Deal**** ]

Every QB in the 3-deep can throw it now; we couldn’t say that in 2017.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think more Deshaun Watson than Kelly B

Apr 8, 2019, 9:18 PM

@fFlying Tiger 75 You are correct!

TL hopefully is healthy all year! But, if not, I am really at ease with the QB's we have on the roster!

Strong arm, accurate, good pocket presence, and when it was

Apr 8, 2019, 8:54 PM

time to run, he looked fast and strong. He made quick decisions and got the ball out fast. Thought he looked great. He looks like an outstanding athlete. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a good baseball, basketball and golfball player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL-running it. CB running. TP running.

Apr 8, 2019, 9:35 PM

I think with TL having the arm talent he has our offense has to change a great deal! Part of what Coach Morris started and Coach Elliott and Scott continued it; was running the QB. The QB run is; "an answer" to how a defense plays you. If they have x and y and z defensed perfect; the QB run should be your highest percentage of success play! Will we continue doing that? I know he ran some last year; I imagine the plan is to do the same. What if we run into a situation where he has to run more; b/c that is what the defense is willing to give up?

I can't help but wonder if he is "fruit of the DW4" Clemson offense! He can throw it and run it equally well! Much better passer than KB at the same time of his career! Love KB; that's no slight on him! In short, I hope he gets an opportunity to play some. I think CB will because he has done nothing but play well when he has had opportunities. Plus, coaches at the next level understand he is playing behind a "generational" type QB. I can honestly say I believe CB could take us to a championship. I know TL can. From what I saw Saturday and from video - over time Taisun will be able to as well! Loving the fact he is a Clemson Tiger!

Apr 8, 2019, 9:45 PM

All you have to donis watch his film. I said it last year. He will start for 3 years. He is a stud.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic