Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TV at the Tailgate...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,704

TV at the Tailgate...

Aug 23, 2016, 11:35 AM

Has anyone had much luck with just connecting an HD-antenna to your TV at the tailgate to pick up local channels? I may not have the satellite setup ready yet, but was wondering if a decent HD-antenna would at least give me a few channels.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TV at the Tailgate...

Aug 23, 2016, 11:38 AM

just hook mine up through the wifi in our Tahoe, pull it up on my phone which is connected to Tahoe wifi and then chrome cast it up to the tv

Aug 23, 2016, 11:40 AM

I thought about doing that, but didn't know if I would have a sufficient signal to do it. It seems like I can barely get my phone to update on game days, much less stream video to my TV.

Aug 23, 2016, 11:45 AM

Yea you won't be able to over your phone service, you have to have a solid wifi connection that doesn't have the rest of tiger nation using at the same time.

Aug 23, 2016, 11:46 AM

The guy that parks beside me does that every week the past few years. He has no problem picking up all the local channels.

Where do you park? We park next to the band practice

Aug 24, 2016, 8:31 AM

field and I had to get a 20 foot flag pole to mount the un-amplified antenna on to get it to work. Maybe with an amplified antenna it would work better but you'll need power for that too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...depending on LOS

Aug 23, 2016, 11:47 AM

Not all parking spots have a clear line of sight to receive a signal. You'll just have to try.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 23, 2016, 11:01 PM

I did it last year. You can get all the local channels except ABC, since its based out of Asheville and thats too far away for the antenna to get signal from, unless you get a really expensive one

Aug 24, 2016, 9:22 AM

This is what you need. I have one at my pond house and it works great. I sometimes pick up 27 different channels.

http://www.homeantenna.org/index.html

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,704
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic