Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: ESPN analyst says Trevor Lawrence should consider staying at Clemson if Jets have No. 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: ESPN analyst says Trevor Lawrence should consider staying at Clemson if Jets have No. 1

Oct 2, 2020, 1:07 PM

WATCH: ESPN analyst says Trevor Lawrence should consider staying at Clemson if Jets have No. 1

The New York Jets are 0-4 and in the lead for the #TankForTrevor sweepstakes with the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL draft. Lifelong Jets fan and ESPN personality M Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analyst says

Oct 2, 2020, 1:25 PM

Anything close to Clemson for another season would be better than anything in or around NY. I know that players that enter the draft don't have any choice of where they go, but they always want to go somewhere that is willing to put together a team that can win even though it may take 3 or 4 years to get all the pieces together, but nowhere close to NY would be a place that I would go if I had options that would change that direction, but that is TL-16 decision to make!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analyst says

Oct 3, 2020, 3:55 AM

Remember when John Elway refused to be drafted by an east coast team. Worked for him.

Re:ESPN analyst says Trevor Lawrence should consider staying

Oct 2, 2020, 1:36 PM

Yeah right because a check from them with a bunch of zeros on it is worth so much less than the same amount from some other team. Sports media idiots

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 1:40 PM

Not an idiot. He's just saying, and he is a Jet's fan, that it is not a good situation. Buy some time and enjoy college a year longer. You'll end i up, potentially, in a better situation. The Jets have slowly ground themselves to the bottom, team and organization wise. And again, Greeny is a Jet's fan, so put that in perspective.

Oct 2, 2020, 1:52 PM

he is going to go to the worst team regardless who it is unless there is a trade up. The guy being a jets fan just proves he's an idiot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having the #1 pick doesn't necessarily mean

Oct 2, 2020, 4:52 PM

you're the worst franchise. Every team has down periods. What the analyst means is that Trevor doesn't want to go somewhere with such garbage ownership and team management as the Jets. The Dolphins are at least rebuilding through multiple years of extra and high draft picks; the Jets have no hope in their future. For what it's worth I actually think Sam Darnold is a decent QB; he just has NOTHING to work with in NY.

Potential top five pick teams better than the Jets: Giants, Panthers, Washington, Broncos, Falcons, Lions, Dolphins. Pretty much all the bad teams except maybe the Jaguars, but I still think they're a slightly shinier turd than the Jets.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Having the #1 pick doesn't necessarily mean

Oct 3, 2020, 9:35 AM

The Dolphins drafted Tua with their fifth pick in this past draft, which was a dumb move. They are rebuilding, but they always tend to make some really questionable moves and picks. I have been a Dolphins fan for life, but since Marino restored, it hasn't been easy.

I was hoping that they would get lucky and get Lawrence, but now I guess I will have to hold out hope that DJ ends up in Miami once the Tua experiment completely burns out.

Until then, I can sit back and enjoy my Tigers, Lakers and my Dodgers. It could be worse I guess. Who am I kidding? My Do I phone drafted freaking Tua. What a joke. A one legged system QB. That's a shaky foundation to build upon.

well - check your state tax rate - I assure you it is much

Oct 2, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re:ESPN analyst says Trevor Lawrence should consider staying ]

higher - so you do the math (again).

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah

Oct 2, 2020, 2:00 PM

No need to worry for Trevor. By the time the draft rolls around experts like Mel Kiper and Todd McShay will have talked Trevor down to the 5th pick in the draft.

Re: Nah

Oct 2, 2020, 7:58 PM

Now that’s funny right there.

Actually just sad it’s true.

"Same Old Jets!"

Oct 2, 2020, 2:10 PM

It must be understood Jets fans like to pee on their team more than any fan base in the NFL. By a mile!

It's understandable though. They are very passionate and the franchise has been so dysfunctional for a long time.

Re: "Same Old Jets!"

Oct 3, 2020, 10:17 AM

Mo,

I think it is the long term dysfunction that gives the idea of staying some credence.

TOTALLY AGREE!***

Oct 2, 2020, 2:19 PM

nm

Jets already have a qb but they might trade it

Oct 2, 2020, 2:33 PM

The Jets are horrible and their coach and GM are horrible.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who's to say they don't get first pick the next year too?***

Oct 2, 2020, 2:44 PM

null

Message was edited by: RU4GOD2®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: who's to say they don't get first pick the next year too?***

Oct 3, 2020, 9:23 AM

thanks for the voice of sanity ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor's Powers Span Space and Time Like Chuck Norris

Oct 2, 2020, 3:17 PM

The Jets will somehow transmorgify and become a 10-6 team with TL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texans could end up with it...

Oct 2, 2020, 4:18 PM

But they could trade the pick for an entire Offensive Line.

Broncos and Giants seem like other logical options that needs a Quarterback. The Giants have the statistically worst offense in the NFL right now. They would seem like a good fit.

The Panthers have a shot, but probably wouldn't draft him even if they had the first pick and QB was their biggest need.

Vikings, Saints, Eagles are some longshots.

Of all the options I'd love to see the Panthers, but I'd be ok with the Broncos or Giants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Texans could end up with it...

Oct 2, 2020, 4:32 PM

It would be hilarious if the Panthers violated their no-Clemson policy in order to get TL...and even more if he refused to play there.

Neither will happen, but it would still be hilarious if it did.

Re: Texans could end up with it...

Oct 2, 2020, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Texans could end up with it... ]

Pretty sure the Texans have already traded away next year's #1, like usual.

correct, Dolphins have the Texans 1st Round pick due to the

Oct 2, 2020, 5:40 PM

Tunsil trade last year. Texans aren't going to be in the running for that anyway. They started like this last year also. They are somewhat a product of their schedule. KC, Baltimore and Pitt to start the year. They'll be somewhere in the 7-9 win range when done. Last year they went on a bigger run but don't think that's going to happen this year. The good news is those teams roll off their schedule next year, the bad news is the NFC West rolls onto it.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic