Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner

Dec 9, 2019, 1:21 PM

WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner

A high number of national media pundits believe that Clemson will be overmatched by the likes of LSU and Ohio State in the College Football playoff. ESPN analys Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner

Dec 9, 2019, 1:34 PM

And Ohio State hasn’t faced a team like Clemson, either!

BOOM..................And there you have it! Great point!***

Dec 9, 2019, 1:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner

Dec 9, 2019, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner ]

Thats an automatic thumbs up!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach "Greenbeans" fine tuning the "Hurtin' Buckaroo"

Dec 9, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner ]

defense that the bucknuts have seen before

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach "Greenbeans" fine tuning the "Hurtin' Buckaroo"

Dec 11, 2019, 1:06 PM

From Shuey to Skalski....”He’s one hurtin’ buckaroo!”

Dec 9, 2019, 1:41 PM

Those other ESPN 'Analysts' sound to me like Gamecock fans... ROFL. Like Clemson is a totally left field choice? C'mon homers, Clemson's record isn't about who but how they played who they played. They dismantled most of the teams within the first quarter without trouble.

Anyone who thinks Clemson wouldn't be 13-0 after playing OSU/LSU/OK schedule? Please excuse me but Clemson would have defeated 90% of those teams by the same margins with a few being closer to the TAMU game maybe.

Dec 9, 2019, 2:39 PM

And has been doing it for 2 straight season. It isn't like we just all of a sudden became a good FB team, and those guys on our team know what's being said, and they don't like it, and they will bring their best game to both those team. But even if we beat their #1 and their #2 picked teams, they will still make their excuses... They left us locked in at 3d, I think our team is going to make them wish they had pushed them all the way out, and left them at 5th!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what blows my mind

Dec 9, 2019, 1:42 PM

Is the analysts are down on clemson every single year. every. year. And Clemson proves them wrong every year.

I may be mistaken, but I think we have been

Dec 9, 2019, 1:51 PM

favored in one...and only one game: last year's matchup vs Notre Dame.

And yet...............

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what blows my mind

Dec 9, 2019, 1:58 PM [ in reply to what blows my mind ]

is that anybody actually thinks any of these guys are analysts. I expect to hear things I don’t already know from an analyst. I rarely do. I hear the same ole garbage from June to January from 98% of them, rarely insightful, often wrong, usually speculative. If you can’t show me on tape what you’re talking about, then you’re just flapping your gums. Analysts should actually have some hard data analysis. Telling me about their feelings about somebody else’s attitude or mindset......bunch-a horse apples. Analysts.....what a joke.

Agreed. Most of them are like the media picking Hillary to

Dec 9, 2019, 9:26 PM

Beat Trump in a landslide. Despite all the data in front of them and attendance at the rallies. Hillary was gonna win bc that’s who they wanted to win.

These analysts are just parroting what the others are saying. No way Clemson can win, we’re too busy watching these other teams and ignoring what the Tigers are actually doing on the field.

Roar Tigers

Didn't we hear this exact thign last year? Yes, yes we did.***

Dec 9, 2019, 1:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goooood gooood !!!!!!

Dec 9, 2019, 1:59 PM

Let them hate. Just like last year. It will be sweet to prove them wrong again....not that they would admit they were wrong or anything........there are still plates of cold crow in that studio from the past few years.

Dec 9, 2019, 2:08 PM

We need to let more analysts work from the Hill.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Laughed out loud when I saw those reactions. Dumb A S S E S ***

Dec 9, 2019, 2:37 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Laughed out loud when I saw those reactions. Dumb A S S E S ***

Dec 9, 2019, 2:55 PM

Do you think Ryan Day is jumping up and down, clapping his hands and saying, "Oh boy, we get to play Clemson, we get to play Clemson!!!"?

Re: Laughed out loud when I saw those reactions. Dumb A S S E S ***

Dec 9, 2019, 3:45 PM

exactly. they were all "shocked".... as if someone on their show would dare pick Clemson.. so ridiculous.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Dec 9, 2019, 2:56 PM

Its like deja vu all over again. They said the exact same things about us last season. You'd think they would at least come up with new material. I mean, I can respect someone holding the opinion that any of the top 3 could win it all, because they can. Someone picking Clemson shouldn't "shock" anybody.

Dec 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

it is great that this analyst sees our defense as being very effective, our web being very effective and ETbeing very effective. but the one stat no one is talking about is the one Tahj referrenced and it the one which gives me the greatest confidence: our first stringers have seen very little time in the second half of games this season. this is equivalent to fighting with one hand tied behind your back....we dont hear much about this but I suspect a lot of folks are going to find out in the not too distant future.

Dec 9, 2019, 3:03 PM

Clemson played 8 bowl teams and so did Ohio St. Ohio St. beat Wisconsin twice so do any of the Tiger haters think Clemson would not have defeated Wis-slow-sin?

Dec 9, 2019, 3:14 PM

Ohio State, 'Bammer, Clemson, Okie and a few others do the same thing every year, beating up on the weak sisters of their respective conferences. Wisconsin, N.C. Snake, even LSPU (until this year) and Okie State have served as punching bags for years. Now, these four teams will face some real competition. I think Clemson will prevail. GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!

Dec 9, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: WATCH: ESPN analysts shocked when Dan Orlovsky predicts Clemson as CFB winner ]

Clemson is better than every team that Ohio State beat. But unfortunately we didn't get a chance to play them. Doesn't mean Clemson isn't good. Just means they haven't had a chance to prove it against a solid team like Penn St or Wisconsin.

And can we stop the "beating x bowl teams" crap? The majority of Clemson's bowl team opponents were 6-6 or 7-5. Please don't stoop so low as to think those are quality opponents.

You mean everyone isn't picking Clemson to win the CFP?

Dec 9, 2019, 3:18 PM

SO much disrespect!11!! The horror!11!!!

Give it a break, Tony, it's getting old.

Can't you just post a link and have a little bit of objectivity?

Dec 9, 2019, 3:33 PM

It's on now . Ohio State is battle tested and Clemson's been stepping on baby bunnies . Ohio State is a complete team and Clemson's not able to train for it , or imitate it with their marshmallow schedule .

As if anyone that OSU has beaten even remotely comes close to the team they'll play in Phoenix .

I feel another huge letdown in Buckeye lore , another " come to Jesus " meeting with Dabo and Day ... another point of order showing the non-believers that this era belongs to the Clemson Tigers ... and big boy football steps off of an orange bus and wears a white paw .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 9, 2019, 3:56 PM

Ironically, Clemson does train for big boy football every Sunday through Friday. Our offense and defense go against the best in the country every single week.

Dec 9, 2019, 3:46 PM

Three weeks of analysis for a 3 1/2 hour game? No thanks. Got Christmas shopping to do and then napping to catch up on.

Re: TNET: Rece and Jesse also chose Clemson

Dec 9, 2019, 4:11 PM

Pollack and Galloway chose OSU.

Kirby no-pick for calling the games

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the disrespkt is palpable!***

Dec 9, 2019, 4:13 PM

Dec 9, 2019, 5:02 PM

Marcus Spears, like most analysts, are making it up on the spot.

Hey Marcus, remember when you said Bama would neat Clemson in the national championship?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/marcus-spears-explains-how-trevor-lawrence-factors-into-his-national-title-pick/amp/

Someone be ready to make a GIF

Dec 9, 2019, 5:27 PM

Of Marcus’ face after we beat them ????????

Dec 9, 2019, 6:33 PM

why on Earth would Spears agree with anything he said? He not only is an SEC analyst, but he won a title with LSU. So just off that, he's going to disagree that TL is the best QB in the playoff. Add in the fact that ESPN can't have a panel full of people who agree, nobody would watch if they did. They not only can't have everyone agreeing, but they have more shows where people argue and disagree for show than they have in the past. PTI was the first of it's kind as a sports debate show, but that's two long time friends having a sports debate. Get Up and First Take is about creating reaction and drama. ESPN sets up this drama so people watch and then people take to the internet to say "disrespkt!"

Spears is so mindless he just raised the argument against his stance.

Dec 9, 2019, 9:29 PM

He basically said we can’t even pretend to know how good Clemson is bc they haven’t played anybody. Then proceeded to state how he knows they aren’t nearly as good as the top two.

Haha, some twisted logic.

Roar Tigers

Why would he be shocked that someone picked a 2 pt favorite

Dec 9, 2019, 9:40 PM

to win? I know that doesn’t mean we’ll be favored if we make it to the National Championship, but obviously the money doesn’t think it’s crazy.

null

Dec 9, 2019, 9:48 PM

They did this last year with Bama. Come on man! Wake up...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2019, 8:15 AM

The pundits know not what they say, just like they haven't known the last several years. Dan is absolutely correct in his assessment.

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic