Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: WATCH: Clemson AD talks ACC network, Ostarine 'outlier' and gold medal success
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,398

TNET: WATCH: Clemson AD talks ACC network, Ostarine 'outlier' and gold medal success

Jul 16, 2019, 5:07 PM

WATCH: Clemson AD talks ACC network, Ostarine 'outlier' and gold medal success

Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich hit on a number of subjects in a press conference during Clemson football's media day. Among the subjects addressed was Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must say I'm not pleased that no solution has been found as to how..

Jul 16, 2019, 7:40 PM

these 3 players had Osterine traces and others tested didn't.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I must say I'm not pleased that no solution has been found as to how..

Jul 16, 2019, 8:32 PM

Well, it's not being made public, at any rate.
He says it's an "outlier"...could be an outlier because it is extremely unusual to have this situation, or he considers the manner in which the players got the supplement to be an outlier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Yeah it’s pretty disappointing to just blow it off

Jul 16, 2019, 8:36 PM [ in reply to I must say I'm not pleased that no solution has been found as to how.. ]

Re: Yeah it’s pretty disappointing to just blow it off

Jul 16, 2019, 9:11 PM

I don't think they're just blowing it off, but they have their heads down and simply moving forward. I do find it a little strange, however, that only three of our guys - three of the best - were tested and found positive. They all eat the same food, they all use the same facilities and locker room and toiletries, etc., but only these three guys failed a test - by an almost imperceptible "trace" of a banned substance that could come from any number of sources, as medically and clinically proven. If any athlete is/was purposefully using this drug as a PED it should, or most certainly MUST, show up on the test as something much larger than simply a "trace". But, it is what it is... I'm no medical doctor, or drug analyst, or NCAA investigator, just an architect who knows there are at least two sides to understanding and interpreting any problem. (didn't mean to on like this, just had to get it off my chest...)

Go Tigers!!!

Re: I must say I'm not pleased that no solution has been found as to how..

Jul 16, 2019, 10:15 PM [ in reply to I must say I'm not pleased that no solution has been found as to how.. ]

Well, he could be saying that they have differing behavior, beliefs, or religious practices!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He couldn't say the containers were contaminated ...

Jul 17, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to I must say I'm not pleased that no solution has been found as to how.. ]

... but did say there was nothing they took from this - to me, that's tantamount to saying it was outside the program -- i.e. in the collection of the specimens.

For all three players, with different metabolisms and body types to end up all with the same results (a sliver of a trace) at the exact same times means they would have had to ingest the ostarine at PRECISELY DIFFERENT times. The odds against that happening is astronomical.

I believe the Occam's razor principle applies here -- and that points to something outside our program -- the most obvious is container contamination. (Now, how only our containers were contaminated is another issue ;) )

(Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor) is a principle from philosophy. Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the least speculation is usually correct.)

Re: He couldn't say the containers were contaminated ...

Jul 17, 2019, 10:36 AM

Probably got it kissing on a gurl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: WATCH: Clemson AD talks ACC network, Ostarine 'outlier' and gold medal success

Jul 17, 2019, 8:20 AM

If I were the parent of one of those 2 young men who are sitting out this year I will be in court with the NCAA. There's a real problem here and these players are caught in a broken system run by the NCAA. The cost of this debacle to thses young men is significant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,398
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic