Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence leads QBs at top of projected Heisman race
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence leads QBs at top of projected Heisman race

Oct 20, 2020, 10:15 AM

Trevor Lawrence leads QBs at top of projected Heisman race

Trevor Lawrence is your Heisman frontrunner as more teams enter the mix this week, including preseason contender Justin Fields of Ohio State. All 14 of ESPN's H Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence leads QBs at top of projected Heisman race

Oct 20, 2020, 11:26 AM

It's Voter's exactly like USA TODAY and the rest of the sports media Voter's that has totally, and absolutely destroyed the True meaning of what a Heisman player is suppose to be. Personally for me, and I'm sure for many others that remember what a Heisman was when voters actually followed the guidelines set for what accomplishment should be met for a player that has done the most to help his team to win Football games regardless of the size of the D-1 school that player played on. The John Heisman Trophy was never meant to be a media favorite award the way that it is today. The John Heisman Trophy was solely meant for the player that did the absolute most by using his every ability that made it possible for his team to win games week after week for the entire season regardless of how popular the school or the player was with the media!!!!! Heisman winners in recent past years hasn't come close to being what the John Heisman Trophy was meant to be as a Heisman player!!!!!!

If they were to by some miracle give Trevor Lawrence, a Clemson player the Heisman award, for me personally, I wouldn't feel right to brag about it bc of past Clemson players that should have been there with the best of them, but was totally ignored bc they never had the hype or popularity that our Trevor Lawrence has today. I believe that Trevor meets the requirements that's suppose to be considered for the Heisman Trophy no doubt. But other Clemson players has done more that wasn't a popular QB that become a media favorite, and CJ spiller is the very first that comes to mind bc CJ was as real a heisman player as I've seen in a very long time, and CJ fit every requirement set to be a John Heisman Type player, and IMO, even more so than our Trevor Lawrence, but CJ's acts on the field never fit in as a media favorite to win their popularity contest bc he only played on a backwoods 10 win Clemson team that just wasn't popular at that time even though CJ met all the requirement in an honorable way, on and off the field!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s always been a media favorite driven contest and maybe

Oct 20, 2020, 8:48 PM

more so in the past when few games were televised and people got that information mostly from newspapers and radio as opposed the the internet and TV.

At least they get to see all the top candidates now and have more information to decide for themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic