Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney voted ACC Coach of the Year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney voted ACC Coach of the Year

Nov 27, 2018, 1:04 PM

Swinney voted ACC Coach of the Year

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – Clemson’s Dabo Swinney has been selected as the 2018 Atlantic Coast Conference Football Coach of the Year following the Tigers’ Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whew, I was worried that since that last win felt like a

Nov 27, 2018, 1:08 PM

loss, he wouldn't get it.

Re: Whew, I was worried that since that last win felt like a

Nov 27, 2018, 1:19 PM

Since DC BV was quoted in a previous TNet article that he was: “Embarrassed, disappointed and disgusted” at the defense play and coaching, I can see where those “feelings” might come from, and fixed. But realistically too much is being made of it. I hope we’ll all go back and look at the Offensive/defensive numbers for the Tigers and the regular season as a whole. Absolutely astonishing! Great job Coaches & players. Undefeated! Congrats DS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Whew, I was worried that since that last win felt like a ]

Sometimes even sarcasm should be left unspoken or in this case not posted. Maybe it’s time to let the negative comments about the SC game fade into the dustbin of history. Take away the positives and move on.

IMO we should focus on Saturday’s game against Pittsburgh for the ACC Championship then onto the CFP. Just one TNetters opinion.

Congratulations Coach Sweeney. It’s a well deserved award.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 2:21 PM

Absolutely, we are not embarrassed or facing shame from losing to those idiots, and I'm plenty OK with that!!! Just think if you had to face those idiots at work or with family and friends with a loss to the coots, how demeaning and horrible would that be!!! We are winners T-Net, we have beat every team on our yearly schedule, I am proud to be a life time Clemson Tiger!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Whew, I was worried that since that last win felt like a ]

I second this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Whew, I was worried that since that last win felt like a ]

Okay, let's focus on Pitt, which we well should. There were really two issues here. Number one, the victory over S.C. was great, and celebrated by all tiger fans like myself. At the same time, anyone with two eyes could see that our vaunted defense (putative N0:1 by the pundits)) was being scorched by a very average Carolina team. For Clemson fans, not a matter of concern??? Huh? Hello? Anyone bother to read the comments of our Defensive Coordinator, one of the best in the country: "Embarassing, disgusting!" Okay,is Venables wrong??? Based on what I saw, he is totally right---our defensive team was pathetic. Who can deny this?? Not Alabama, who will in all probability eat us alive.

Nov 27, 2018, 7:58 PM

dgcannon39 said:

Okay, let's focus on Pitt, which we well should. There were really two issues here. Number one, the victory over S.C. was great, and celebrated by all tiger fans like myself. At the same time, anyone with two eyes could see that our vaunted defense (putative N0:1 by the pundits)) was being scorched by a very average Carolina team. For Clemson fans, not a matter of concern??? Huh? Hello? Anyone bother to read the comments of our Defensive Coordinator, one of the best in the country: "Embarassing, disgusting!" Okay,is Venables wrong??? Based on what I saw, he is totally right---our defensive team was pathetic. Who can deny this?? Not Alabama, who will in all probability eat us alive.

Let’s not forget, Alabama has there fair share of weak points and bad games as well. Tied at halftime with The Citadel. And their defense let a (2-10) Arkansas team put up 31 points on them. Alabama has just as many weak points as we do... Clemson’s offense is loaded up and when our defense is firing on all cylinders we are a force to be reckoned with. Both teams are excellent, but both teams can be beat

Nov 27, 2018, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Whew, I was worried that since that last win felt like a ]

Well, sometimes your team wins a game, but even in victory you see all or a parts of your team perform far below which they are capable of. This is especially true if your team under-perorms against a decidedly inferior team. Speaking only for myself, I was terribly disappointed with the performance of our defense against a mediocre Carolina team. This is a defense that has been described as the best in the country. Well what about that now?? In the top twenty? Maybe? The fact that I was enormously disappointed in our defense's performance doesn't mean that I disavow them. I just want them to get better.

Congratulations Coach Swinney! It's well deserved!***

Nov 27, 2018, 1:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations Coach Swinney voted ACC Coach of the Year

Nov 27, 2018, 1:10 PM

Glad you are on our team.

Go Tigers Pound da panthers

Re: TNET: Swinney voted ACC Coach of the Year

Nov 27, 2018, 1:12 PM

He should also be National Coach of the Year. So glad he is our HC. It’s a great time to be a Tiger!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 8:01 PM

I totally agree! What he has done is remarkable. And,he's done it the right way.

Nov 27, 2018, 1:14 PM

Well deserved - so thankful for Coach Swinney.

Congratulations Dabo!***

Nov 27, 2018, 1:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Congrats, Coach! Appreciate all you've done and continue to

Nov 27, 2018, 1:42 PM

do for Clemson.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 27, 2018, 2:02 PM

Congrats to one of the BEST people that EVER happened to Clemson! We appreciate all that you do every day and please don't ever doubt it!

No ####***

Nov 27, 2018, 2:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 2:13 PM

There had to be 22 Dabo hater in the bunch that votes for that award bc, nothing, absolutely nothing that Dino Babers, HC at Syracuse has done that can come anywhere close to what Dabo has done at Clemson. To be totally honest, that award should go to Dabo every year until another coach can prove they can do the same at their school as Dabo has done at Clemson. Winners some how for some reason attracts biases!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 2:35 PM

So Pat Narduzzi got 9 votes for what, losing less games than the rest of the pitiful Coastal? Do that many people really hate Clemson and/or Dabo that much? I am sure it is the same "people" who picked NC State, FSU (morons), and Miami as preseason conference champs.

Nov 27, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney voted ACC Coach of the Year ]

Not sure that I get your point. He won, right??

They must have sent in their votes before he lost Saturday.***

Nov 27, 2018, 2:15 PM

Re: They must have sent in their votes before he lost Saturday.***

Nov 27, 2018, 4:47 PM

Congrats Dabo. Well deserved.

Break Break...

TNet (unless i missed it) How about DW4 last night. 8 strait wins. Really great game to watch. Clemson legend doing his thing at the next level.

Well-deserved honor; the way he handled the transition

Nov 27, 2018, 2:29 PM

from Bryant to Lawrence alone should have won him the award! Without his leadership, that could have been a serious debacle. But to have sailed through those rough waters to where we are today at 12-0, man, what a memorable season! Congratulations and thanks for all the memories, Dabo! So glad you're on our team!

Mega Dittos — Well deserved for Hard working

Nov 27, 2018, 2:36 PM

Coach Swinney! Job well done and respected!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 2:54 PM

Congratulations Dabo, thanks for the behind the scenes grind and great season that made this possible. Words are inadequate compared to what you’ve given this university. Deepest gratitude for your convictions and wisdom.
Beat Pitt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 3:28 PM

I love Dabo and think he is well deserving of the award but you have to admit doing what Dino has in 3 years at Syracuse I do feel like he deserved to win it. I know that isn't going to be popular but Clemson was expected to do this while Syracuse wasn't expected to come close as being the 2nd best team in the league who has played Clemson better than any team in the league. While I do believe Clemson's play has way more to do with how Syracuse has kept it close you do have to give them some credit and to be quite frank probably a offensive lineman downfield call from winning. So while it's awesome that Dabo won I wouldn't have been upset to see Dino win either. I do believe he will move on to something bigger this year. I think he'd be a PERFECT candidate for Texas Tech with his high powered offense.

Nov 27, 2018, 8:12 PM

I totally disagree. Are you actually saying, with a straight face, that Syracuse is a better team than Clemson??

Nov 27, 2018, 3:43 PM

Well as a Syracuse guy, I'm a bit disappointed, but congrats to Dabo. Now if we could only
replay the last two minutes of our game.....

Nov 27, 2018, 7:01 PM

The games are only 60 minutes, you win, or you lose in 60 minutes, and the only replays are with the networks!!! If replaying minutes were in the rules, I would replay up to just before Trevor gets injured and go from there, and we pound you. But then maybe we wouldn't have learned how dependable Chase Brice will be if we need him bc, he beat Cuse!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 7:59 PM

OK don't get excited!!!!! I was just making a simple comment, not trying to change the results.

Nov 27, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney voted ACC Coach of the Year ]

Close don't count, except in dancing and checkers. We own you.

Nov 29, 2018, 3:23 PM

Own us? Lets see, yes, absolutely owned us in 2016, not sure when we beat you in 2017 who owned who, and in 2018 I attended the game that had most of the Clemson faithful around us very nervous until the last two minutes. I know, we're not close to the talent as Clemson, but give it a break and admit we've had two really good games. BTW, Swinney showed real class when he went into the locker room after last year's loss to congratulate the Syracuse team. I've also expressed my appreciation for the reaction of the Clemson fans after this year's game. Many came up to shake my hand and compliment us on a good game.

Nov 27, 2018, 3:53 PM

That's 2 of the awards, time for ETN to get OPoY and Ferrell to get DPoY

Kudos to you, Coach Swinney!!!

Nov 27, 2018, 4:25 PM

Sooo glad you are leading our Tiger Nation!!!

Well deserved, well earned young man!!!

Everyday is a Great Day to be a Clemson Tiger!!!!!!!

That was expected, wudn't it?

Nov 27, 2018, 4:27 PM

:) Gotcha. Siriusly, congratulations Coach and team, Coaches don't win these awards unless the team performs!

Re: That was expected, wudn't it?

Nov 27, 2018, 8:32 PM

Great season! Just hope that we can continue this in the playoffs. Okay, we have a great offense---I mean all of these guys are great. Tl one the best QB's in the nation. Travis Etienne perhaps the best RB in the country. Notice what a year in a big-time weight room can do for you? Etienne is one (of three) of the best backs, if not the best, in the country. And we have two more who are just behind him. That freshman is going to be awesome.

Suck on that, haters!!***

Nov 27, 2018, 4:42 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suck on that, haters!!***

Nov 29, 2018, 3:32 PM

I notice Doeren didn't get a single vote....

Nov 27, 2018, 6:21 PM

Congratulations!!!!! Hope you win a lot more at Clemson!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2018, 8:34 PM

Absolutely! Best coaching staff in the country.

Well Deserved!***

Nov 27, 2018, 8:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he feels appreciated.

Nov 27, 2018, 8:35 PM

I would hate for him to threaten to leave the ACC.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wait... What about

Nov 27, 2018, 10:57 PM

Bobby Petrino?? What are they thinking? I mean, he got the biggest payout, so he should have at least been considered.

Or not...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Nov 29, 2018, 12:57 AM

Dabo is the greatest coach Clemson has ever had, bar none. I mean, there's no disagreement on that anymore, right? Just the last four years alone are unprecedented.

We're living in the golden age, folks. Be glad that the things we have to complain about are our rivals piling up too many yards as we beat them for the 5th straight year.

Nov 29, 2018, 3:31 PM

Heck yea, congrats Dabo!

Although Babers definitely did a fine job at 'Cuse this year.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic