Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney responds to Steve Smith comments from hoops trial
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney responds to Steve Smith comments from hoops trial

May 2, 2019, 7:31 PM

Swinney responds to Steve Smith comments from hoops trial

Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said he was "disappointed" in comments related to Clemson football that came up in a trial around an FBI investigation into college b Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney responds to Steve Smith comments from hoops trial

May 2, 2019, 8:15 PM

Why is that clown Steve Smith still employed by Clemson. Hope he gets caned soon.

I hate Coach Swinney has to answer this at all! Such a

May 2, 2019, 8:24 PM

. . . dumb A choice of words is right! Because you see people with ***^% suits on after the game are you *#%&^ kidding me? Dumb coots acting like a basketball coach implements the football team like a bunch of *&%^ retards! Smith was just a desperate %^* basketball coach talking $%* to try and "woo" a top talent to Clemson "in basketball"! Trying to use the success of the football team as a %*^# springboard. Quite dishonorable and very unkempt!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney responds to Steve Smith comments from hoops trial ]

Thanks DRad and Clemson personnel for being so quick and expedient on this matter. How much investigative work is there.

It matters not whether this bozo took money, or his words were twisted etc etc. he admitted he took secret trips to the kids house and lied to his boss.

Expedition would have been the next day an announced unpaid leave. The day after that, should have been announced he’s no longer associated with Clemson and the rest of the b-ball program is being reviewed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 10:09 PM

Yep, he should have been fired the very moment he arrived back at his use to be office!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truly, I can’t understand why they didn’t at the very least

May 3, 2019, 12:37 AM

suspend him pending an investigation. I’m sure they are well within their rights to do so. He literally claimed on tape that he lies to his boss about breaking recruiting rules. Even if they found out he was lying about ALL of that just to look like a player in the game, his comments embarrassed his boss and employer.

I just don’t get it. Another reason I can’t get excited about basketball anymore. Dabo and his program seem to have a vision and a code. The basketball program does not seem to have the same.

null

May 2, 2019, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney responds to Steve Smith comments from hoops trial ]

in recruiting, we always says "trust the coaches". perhaps in this situation we should "trust the AD". drad, graham neff, etc will do their due diligence. they have access to info that we don't.. they are more versed in the contracts details and implications of firing/suspending/not renewing/keeping steve smith than we do. trust the process. what will be, will be.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 2, 2019, 8:53 PM

A stuck pig squeals . There's nothing more pathetic than someone trying to diffuse their own bomb by throwing a grenade at someone nearby .
Let's see your evidence there , Steve .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Honestly it just sounds like Smith was trying to sound like a big shot

May 2, 2019, 8:58 PM

on the recruiting trail. He knows Clemson is a hard sell for basketball. He knew Zion was going to be paid for and he knew that the only way he stood a chance against the likes of Duke was to make it sound like he could match whatever Duke was offering. The easiest way to sell that line would be to say, “Hey look at the football program. That’s how they do it.” I personally don’t believe him. He was pulling a statement out of his rear trying to get Zion to come to Clemson. He was using our football success as a tool to recruit the wrong way. That’s my take on it and has been since I first heard it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly it just sounds like Smith was trying to sound like a big shot

May 2, 2019, 10:25 PM

That sir is the most sensible response i have seen in this whole scenario. Its actually more sensible than what I suggested in that Steve S. was just trying to build his reputation but you took it a step further than I.

Either way, it was idiotic, you dont throw your provider under the bus even tho unknowingly but he could have used completely different verbiage that wouldn't have insinuated certain misdeeds! IDIOT!

May 2, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Honestly it just sounds like Smith was trying to sound like a big shot ]

I believe 100% that he (Smith) knew that Zion was going to get paid, and the very moment he understood that, is the very moment he should have ran away, and gotten himself as FAR away from Zion and the WILLIAMSON family as he could get. He chose not to that, and the way I see it, he made the decision to risk his job by going in the wrong direction. He should have already been fire from Clemson, and bc Brad hasn't already fired him, both should be fired like two weeks ago!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Honestly it just sounds like Smith was trying to sound like a big shot ]

I agree with Cootsmackdown. Mysterious men in suits after a football game? Has he ever been to a football game? Rediculous and desperately trying to sound cool and “in the know.” Needs to be fired!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 12:28 AM

As with the Ostarine issue with three Clemson football players, Judge Keller would like us all to support Steve and the basketball staff regardless of recorded statements and Dabo’s disappointment until the facts are out.

He simply wishes Clemson fans were sophisticated enough to disregard glaring and meaningful differences between these two situations, blindly draw equivalency between them, and bite tongue until facts certifiable by a Judge are produced.

Does that fix it? As Sober and as cynical an assessment as the original OP as I can get.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Im-not-comparing-the-details-of-the-situations-25377036#25377036

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: let's go after the Judge now!

May 3, 2019, 12:47 AM

So now you want to start cannibalizing?

If your reasoning skills are sufficient, you are free to disagree with her. But i will never attack a loyal Clemson fan for being too loyal.

And i really doubt her argument re Ostarine or not are the real source of your antagonism.

Just remember that if you accomplished your dream season--Judge Keller banned, Brad Brownell and his entire staff fired and issued restraining orders to keep them out of Clemson forever, and our two footballers reinstated from their ostarine suspension without ever winning a hearing--we will still be facing one of the worst men's basketball seasons in history in the upcoming year. Without a coach. And at that point we would have to settle for our basketball version of Muschamp.

Is this still your dream scenario, or would you like to walk it back a little bit?

May 3, 2019, 7:12 AM

Who cares about basketball. It's a low-class, trash sport that doesn't even have rules that are applied uniformly and consistently. Close games always devolve into "intentional" fouls which are not called intentional and it becomes a free throw contest. The game sucks. It's corrupt and nearly everyone involved is of low character.

May 3, 2019, 8:52 AM

amen and amen to that.

May 3, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: let's go after the Judge now! ]

Rw, I’m not sure where to start here.

The dreams you describe aren’t mine. I don’t want Judge Keller banned. On the contrary, I’ve appreciated much of JK’s insight on a variety of subjects including basketball. I’ve also never asserted strong opinions about Brad Brownell. I have faith in that Dan R. and company will evaluate this situation and make a principled decision on the matter.

What disgusts me is JK’s belief that the two situations are in some way equivalent and that Clemson fans should treat them as such regardless of evidenced behavior by one of the basketball staff that could threaten the very existence of the program itself.

What I am saying is that I’d rather see Clemson loose the right way than win the wrong way in all sports.

I think you do make a good point that my initial criticism of Judge Keller was excessive and emotional. Judge, if you’re out there I apologize for that. I believe you are indeed a loyal Clemson alum and fan, and I’ll leave it at that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: apology

May 3, 2019, 8:13 AM

Ddraines, obviously i don't speak for the Judge either pro or con, but i appreciate your response.

AND I appreciate Clemson fans discussing Clemson

May 3, 2019, 9:05 AM

thoughts while showing that not all critique comes from U5C cootish trolls

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Venables Response behind closed doors

May 3, 2019, 8:25 AM

Message was edited by: reynolds®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 2:08 PM

Here are a few things that I don't underdtand. 1) Why do posters to this board continue to maintain that CU can't compete in basketball? I believe that we can and it doesn't have to be the Tates Locke way. Like him or not, R. Barnes was building a good program at CU.
2) How long do we need to see Brownell and his staff stay to figure out that he is not the man? Goodness knows, if he were cheating in his recruiting ( and I'm convinced that he is not) and this is what we're getting, this really is a sad state of affairs. We need a Tony Bennett clone. He's a lot like Dabo, and has turned UVA around in a short time. I think we've missed out on some real opportunities by clinging to BB.
Sooner or later Coaches K. and Williams will retire or die on the court. You may recall that Duke and UNC had some trying years until they got those 2 guys. VA Tech has lost a really good coach and is now losing commits, WF, NC State, and GA Tech, once very competitive programs, have sucked for some time now. And look at our favorite team in Columbia- a flash in the pan.
But we're Clemson. And we can do better - honestly.
Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2019, 10:28 AM

Who cares. Basketball is a distraction and it reflects poorly on Clemson to be associated with that rabel. If I thought we could elevate the standard as we have done in football I would be all for it. Unfortunately, if you take an objective look at that sport you see it's beyond redemption. One and done, please give me a break.

May 4, 2019, 2:18 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up finding out that Secret Agent Brown L had somehow orchestrated the whole ordeal since something like that showing up in the news has made Coach Brownell pretty much unfireable! Since firing him would look like to some and be spun by coots/others to be confirmation of the whole thing!

And I hear Secret Agent Brown L has always really admired Coach Brownell and thinks he's just a really cool guy. But that's just a rumor since nothing is officially known about Secret Agent Brown L.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic