Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney hints QB competition might last into the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 4,278

TNET: Swinney hints QB competition might last into the season

Jul 23, 2018, 2:13 PM

Swinney hints QB competition might last into the season

Clemson’s highly-anticipated quarterback competition might last into the season, according to head coach Dabo Swinney. Swinney, appearing on ESPN’s SportsCenter Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney hints QB competition might last into the season

Jul 23, 2018, 2:18 PM

The way it should be in this scenario. I wouldn't expect anything else.

Jul 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

I'm excited to see it all play out. Hurry up football season!

Jul 23, 2018, 2:19 PM

It is hard for me not to imagine KB coming out first vs Furman. But the way these coaches are talking... the Furman game may very well determine the starter against aTm. The coaches will then have a chance to see the chemistry of both guys with the team. I think if it is anywhere close or even if TL has a very small edge, KB will take us to aTm, just because of his experience in big games and with the crowd expected at that game... but the coach speak is very vague where typically it doesnt leave so much open to possibility. If TL brings the house down against Furman and KB has another spring game.. it sounds like the race is on. Either way, we have a great QB room. CB can do some damage out there too.

Translation

Jul 23, 2018, 2:20 PM

“The kid is a stud, and KB isn’t going away quietly, and I can’t afford to lose the team, so we’re going to let it play out.”

Prudent management. We’ll be fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: Translation

Jul 23, 2018, 2:44 PM

Of course the QB competition will extend into the season. He loves Kelly Bryant, the young man, and doesn't want him to lose heart like it seems Cole Stoudt did during the season.

Dabo has always said the guy who gives us the best chance to win will start. But he has already moved the goalposts once by saying that his goal is not to win a national championship but to develop young men to become the best person they can be. So he will use whatever motivational schtick necessary to help all 3 QBs develop to their potential. If that means avoiding declaring a winner in the QB race, so be it.

However, i do think any QB should be allowed the in-game freedom to make a mistake. It's the only way to learn which risks are worth taking. According to Streeter, they all make tons of mistakes anyway.

Re: Translation

Jul 23, 2018, 10:26 PM

Should we start the senior who took us to the playoffs last year or someone who has never played a single college football down?

That this is even a debate tells me that Lawrence is something special.

Is anyone else concerned that Dabo thinks our first game is

Jul 23, 2018, 2:26 PM

on September 2nd? I think this proves once again that Dabo is in over his head.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Is anyone else concerned that Dabo thinks our first game is

Jul 23, 2018, 2:30 PM

Yeah.. I am worried it will get away from him... I mean sure he will keep putting championship banners up for years.. but there is more to managing an elite football program than winning championships, winning academic awards, and producing real-world-ready young men who can succeed in life... There are other things like...uhm.. well I am sure there is something else and I am not sure Coach Swinney is the one to get us there.

I would think part of being a good coach is

Jul 23, 2018, 2:34 PM

knowing the date for your first game of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I would think part of being a good coach is

Jul 23, 2018, 8:43 PM

Why on earth did TDP not go out and find us a real coach when TB was fired???

I think Coach Swinney is the one to get us there...

Jul 23, 2018, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned that Dabo thinks our first game is ]

might be the wrong day, but he’ll get us there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Better early

Jul 23, 2018, 2:43 PM

than never.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jul 23, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Is anyone else concerned that Dabo thinks our first game is ]

Pretty sure Kathleen will wake him up on the right Saturday morning and tell him to get his Tiger tail to work.

Jul 23, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Is anyone else concerned that Dabo thinks our first game is ]

HaHa. I thought the date was September 2 too. I think Dabo will know where to go when he wakes up on Saturday morning! Pretty sure I won’t be late either!

Jul 23, 2018, 3:11 PM

That's bc it will!!!

Jul 23, 2018, 3:44 PM
Clemson_2.png(104.2 K)

may get flamed for this ??? But that's just the way it is !!!!!!

Jul 23, 2018, 10:06 PM

Bruce Hornsby? Is that you?? Go Tigers!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 4,278
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic