Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT

Feb 14, 2018, 9:46 PM

Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT

No. 11 Clemson surrendered an 18-point second-half lead and a buzzer-beater attempt went long before falling in overtime, 81-79, at Florida State Wednesday. The Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT

Feb 14, 2018, 9:54 PM

Mitchell sure looked like he had a serious condition. Why did Medical Staff allow him to be dragged off the court and not stretchered? His legs were dangling and dragging as they took him off. Praying that he is okay.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:10 PM

Baffling! I thought the same thing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT ]

I agree too . On the replay it looked to me as if his head was bent back with the defenders elbow or forearm .
I sure hope it's not a neck injury .

Sure looked like a foul to me . A hard one at that .

Feb 14, 2018, 10:19 PM

I'm sorry, but I don't understand blowing that kind of lead. Except for Pitt, it seems to be the norm with this team. I know I'll catch a boat load of flack for saying this, but I think it's coaching that is incapable of making the necessary adjustments. So someone go ahead and tell me that the coaches are not shooting or throwing away the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 10:58 PM

And what adjustments exactly would you liked to have seen? You want brad to put bubble gum on their shoes to prevent the traveling calls? We turned the ball over at an alarmingly high rate, credit to good pressure defense. Not sure what adjustments could’ve been made to prevent horrible passing and traveling calls

Feb 14, 2018, 11:19 PM

Spot on we had over 20 turnovers in I think the second half? Trapp was just giving them turnovers. We had traveling turnover bc 2 clemson players we fighting for the ball against each other, we got a turnover for 5 sec not getting it inbounds late, we lost the ball on drives, and multiple other walks those turnovers were pure player mistakes. We were turning the ball over in the 2nd half like it was our job, we handed them this game due to dumb mistake turnovers plain and simple. We had plenty of a cushion with 18 points, we kept going back up to 9 for awhile but time and time again we turned the ball over after they would missed a shot or we steal or off foul. I was very frustrated with dumb mistakes tonight nothing I thought coach BB could do about that.

Message was edited by: HunterClemsonTigers

Feb 15, 2018, 12:34 AM

"The Tigers committed 15 of their season-high 21 turnovers in the second half and overtime sessions."

1-quit dribbling at half court until shot clock is at 10

Feb 14, 2018, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT ]

2-why not get more minutes for Simms or Donnal? Don't get the Skara love affair.
3-get help bringing ball in and up court
4- players certainly still shoulder their fair share of the blame.

We took our foot off the gas and got sloppy because we thought it was over.

Re: 1-quit dribbling at half court until shot clock is at 10

Feb 15, 2018, 6:31 AM

Must agree. Thought holding the ball and running the shot clock down was a bad decision. Think if we kept attacking it would have been a W. Prayers out to Mitchell.

I've been a Brownell fan the entire time and still am but...

Feb 15, 2018, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT ]

on FSU's game-tying drive in regulation, we had 3 fouls to give. Why not foul and stop their rhythm?

And, towards the end of OT, we didn't foul quick enough to put them on the line.

Head scratchers to me.

Feb 15, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT ]

Not that I have held coaching in highest regard but I thought that was one of the first losses this year with a double digit lead at half time? It was going to be a tough game,

Feb 15, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT ]

I’d like to see us develop another reliable point guard option. When Shelton was out, we were in big trouble. I’ll bet Duke comes out in a full court press right from the get go.

Not saying it cost us the game, but that officiating was atrocious - especially in the second half. They let FSU basically accost our guys regularly with no calls.

Feb 15, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Seminoles top No. 11 Tigers in OT ]

First loss since losing (arguably) our best player. Bench is playing A LOT of minutes. Amazing run by this team this season. They let this one slip away for whatever reason(s) you choose.
Prayers for Shelton. Worst concussion I've ever witnessed. Praying the CT scan looks well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2018, 9:54 AM

Sorry TNet, imo Tigers didn't surrender the lead, it was taken from them by a team that wanted the W more than the Tigers. Way too many T/Os. Tigers came real close to a road victory and fought hard, but it had to be a heartbreaking loss. This is the kind of game you have to win if you want to be competitive at the tournament level. Hopefully, it's a lesson well learned by the coach and players.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic