Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Reports: Clemson president among leading candidates for ACC commissioner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Reports: Clemson president among leading candidates for ACC commissioner

Nov 26, 2020, 10:55 AM

Reports: Clemson president among leading candidates for ACC commissioner

According to multiple reports this week, Clemson president Jim Clements is among the final candidates for the ACC commissioner role that came open after John Sw Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to see him go, but at least we would finally have

Nov 26, 2020, 11:11 AM

an ACC commish in our corner. Seems like an awesome dude

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: Hate to see him go, but at least we would finally have

Nov 26, 2020, 11:13 AM

There is also that chance that he'd go out of his way to not show favoritism.

Dwight Clark would have 100% been perfect for this position.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Hate to see him go, but at least we would finally have ]

The choice should be someone with no prior affiliation with any ACC school. Otherwise, there will always be perceived bias whether true or not.

Nov 26, 2020, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Hate to see him go, but at least we would finally have ]

Da-mn the conference, and I would rather Swofford stay the ACC commissioner for 20 more years, than losing president Clements at Clemson!!! We have at Clemson the best president that a university could ever want, or ask for, and I'm hoping that President Clements will remain at Clemson until he is too old to make the drive to his office!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson president among leading candidates for ACC commissioner

Nov 26, 2020, 11:30 AM

I hope he stays at Clemson. He and Dabo seem to have a good working relationship.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson president among leading candidates for ACC commissioner

Nov 26, 2020, 11:46 AM

Totally agree. He’s been great for Clemson and we need to make sure we keep an administration that works well with Dabo.

Nov 26, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson president among leading candidates for ACC commissioner ]

This!!! We need to maintain our synergy.

Nov 27, 2020, 8:31 AM

I'd like to think he takes into account what is best for his own kids, and that is growing up on the Clemson campus.

Nov 26, 2020, 11:30 AM

I thought DRad was in the running too

Nov 26, 2020, 11:47 AM

It would b refreshing to see a commish with an actual backbone but UNC would never allow it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Non-Tobaccoo Rd Commisioner is more than I, as a

Nov 26, 2020, 12:11 PM

Clemson fan, can get my head around. I can't imagine them letting that happen, but boy if it did .. WOW! For us old farts who suffered through the insult of decades of Tobacco Rd arrogance, cheating, and prejudice, the thought of having a Clemson man in that position is mind-bottling.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: A Non-Tobaccoo Rd Commisioner is more than I, as a

Nov 26, 2020, 1:48 PM

I figure the job is Mack Brown's if he wants it.

(Said only half in jest. FSU fans are as ticked off oabout Tobacco Road Bias as Clemson fans are.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They’ll probably hire another Tobacco Road @ss clown.***

Nov 26, 2020, 12:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They’ll probably hire another Tobacco Road @ss clown.

Nov 26, 2020, 12:24 PM

They aren't all like that. Oh wait yeah they are

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it would be a (big) step down from Clemson President

Nov 26, 2020, 12:23 PM

I hope he does not take it. He is good for Clemson AFAIK, and would not want to risk
anyone new. I would vote down on Stan Wilcox, he was single handedly responsible for
Willie Taggert hire at FSU. The hire may have been fine, but they agreed to crazy terms and paid for Oregon and USF buyouts and in all it cost them $34.5 million for that experiment. I would prefer a person who does not see the world primary though race dynamics.

Re: I think it would be a (big) step down from Clemson President

Nov 26, 2020, 1:49 PM

Trust me: Do not let Stan Wilcox anywhere near the office, much less give him the keys to the office.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way will the cheating TarHoles allow that to happen.***

Nov 26, 2020, 12:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I would hate to lose him

Nov 26, 2020, 12:31 PM

To the conference. I care a lot more
about Clemson than I do the ACC. I don’t believe the other schools would allow this to happen

Please dear Lord get him away from Clemson. I support this

Nov 26, 2020, 12:47 PM

110%. Win win for all of us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please dear Lord get him away from Clemson. I support this

Nov 26, 2020, 12:53 PM

Can you please provide a brief summary of your primary issues with him? I live far away
from Clemson, and I would genuinely like to know.

He has flamed racial strife on campus. See Banana Gate

Nov 26, 2020, 1:00 PM

https://www.thecollegefix.com/student-clemson-let-white-students-tarred-feathered-hate-crime-knew-hoax/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has flamed racial strife on campus. See Banana Gate

Nov 26, 2020, 4:05 PM

Disagree

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Those #### racist bananas!!***

Nov 26, 2020, 4:28 PM [ in reply to He has flamed racial strife on campus. See Banana Gate ]

There's something in these hills.

Then maybe, just maybe, the ACC....

Nov 26, 2020, 1:04 PM

baseball tournament will be held in Greenville.

Nov 26, 2020, 2:27 PM

the answer is right in front of us
Niki for president

Nov 26, 2020, 2:50 PM

So the ACC is considering bringing in an ESPN executive that’s been actively involved in the core meltdown at ESPN? Why?
Is the ACC hoping to reduce their audience?
Is the ACC hoping to bleed money?
Is the ACC hoping to replace familiar faces with anonymous rookies that will do and say as they’re told?

I’m sorry (actually I’m not) but any executive coming from ESPN, after being associated with ESPN’s spectacular decline, would be considered very highly questionable until proven otherwise.

Nov 26, 2020, 3:54 PM

He could be one of those about to be cut from ESPN.

--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 26, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Reports: Clemson president among leading candidates for ACC commissioner ]

Her ambition is not to be a college president.

--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 26, 2020, 6:11 PM

I thought he meant President of the US. I’d vote for her.

I don’t know Gloria Nevarez but of the four

Nov 26, 2020, 3:04 PM

descriptions I would prefer her. I’m not sure why a University President would want to become a conference Commish? Seems far less prestigious and impactful to me. And I don’t want ESPN anywhere near our conference.

null

Re: I don’t know Gloria Nevarez but of the four

Nov 26, 2020, 5:41 PM

MONEY and being the Commissioner of a Power 5 Conference is hugely prestigious.

Nov 26, 2020, 5:39 PM

Good luck President Clements. It will be interesting to see whether the people that post on this site would accept Presidents Clements the first time he makes a decision that is somehow thought to not be all about Clemson.

That's all we need

Nov 26, 2020, 5:49 PM

A friggin west coast screwball or an espn libtard. Let's just go ahead and ruin what's left of the acc

Nov 26, 2020, 10:18 PM

Please take this royal pain in the rearend. Clements is a liberal hack at best

99 % of any college Presidential choice would be liberal. I

Nov 27, 2020, 8:41 AM

would rather have one that seems to be in the football teams corner, than not. The last thing we need is a Max Lennon

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 1:58 PM

ACC needs new leadership. Next 10 years will be incredibly difficult with consequences of COVID. Budgets, reduced sports, student-athlete expectations and qualified coaches. We need someone with serious hands on and in experiences at public and private schools. We need a very bright person who can see past the present. A black commissioner who has this kind of experience would be awesome. Can you imagine how our coaches and student-athletes of color would respond to such a hire? This is not an affirmative action hire - there are qualified candidates of color who would run circles around the four names mentioned as finalists. President Clements is a president not an person with skill set necessary for this job.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic