Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: New NCAA rules worth over $1 million for stars like Trevor Lawrence in future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,042

TNET: Report: New NCAA rules worth over $1 million for stars like Trevor Lawrence in future

Apr 30, 2020, 10:51 AM

Report: New NCAA rules worth over $1 million for stars like Trevor Lawrence in future

Yahoo Sports put a dollar figure on just what the new NCAA rules being put in place next year could mean for stars like . And it's a pretty big number. Lawrence Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: New NCAA rules worth over $1 million for stars like Trevor Lawrence in future

Apr 30, 2020, 10:55 AM

How would that apply to recruits? worried about schools with larger and wealthier alum bases.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

College football will be forever changed from being place to get education & play ball, to:

Apr 30, 2020, 11:26 AM

a for-sure entry to the pros.

Also, think of what having several “getting rich as they play” teammates will do to the team’s overall camaraderie & loyalty.

Like, why should I bust my asss to block for that prima-donna.

Saying, this isn’t good IMHO..plus the 5* players will definitely go play for a small number of schools (more so than they do now).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College football will be forever changed from being place to get education & play ball, to:

Apr 30, 2020, 11:49 AM

I was thinking it might be the opposite. If I am coming to Clemson and DJ is the big man on campus it might make more sense as a 5 star player to go to a school where he is the big man on campus. I think there will be room for more than one big man but not several. I hate the rule, I think once they make so much they should have to pay to go to school and then use the scholarship on some kid that would like to go to college that cannot afford it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: New NCAA rules worth over $1 million for stars like Trevor Lawrence in future

Apr 30, 2020, 12:02 PM

RIP college football.

Taj Boyd - Ben Boulware - Aaron Kelly - Kelly Bryant

Apr 30, 2020, 1:06 PM

Just giving examples of former Clemson stars who never got that big check in the NFL. What if they could have gotten a promotion contract in college? Don't you think they deserved that?

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,042
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic