Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: NCAA sees revenue decline by $600 million with 2020 Tourney cancellation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: NCAA sees revenue decline by $600 million with 2020 Tourney cancellation

Jan 26, 2021, 11:35 AM

Report: NCAA sees revenue decline by $600 million with 2020 Tourney cancellation

USA TODAY reported this week that the 2020 NCAA Tournament's cancellation cut the NCAA's revenue by more than half year-to-year with a $600 million annual decli Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So if the NCAA BB Tourny accounts for more than half

Jan 26, 2021, 11:41 AM

of the NCAA revenue, why does the SEC have such a better TV deal than the ACC?

I mean other than Swofford...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So if the NCAA BB Tourny accounts for more than half

Jan 26, 2021, 1:03 PM

1)NCAA REVENUE not Conference Revenue/Conf TV Contracts, etc.! NCAA doesn't run football.
2)it's REVENUE not Net/bottomline, so it doesn't take into account expenses like operating costs, scholarships, etc.
3)the NCAA is a non- profit, the bulk of NET gets passed back to the non-profit institutions/members
4)I haven't looked it up but lets say their committed expenses were 450mil of the $600 mil. Some of that probably is held for reserves. Let's say 30mil is put into reserves/capital reserve funds etc.. So 120 mil back to institutions in this example. There are 1108 D1, D2, D3 schools- not sure how exactly that $ is distributed. Let's say for argument sake it's an even split(it isn't I'm sure). That would be about $108K per school and those non-profit schools are already running their budgets on the typical expected rev distribution which would be twice that. The distro $/% can change but do you not see the problem?? Major cuts have been made and more will have to be made but the bottom line is nobody is really making $millions, it's already being passed through and the athletes are benefiting. Other than coaches(who are usually former players), there's not a lot of folks benefiting more than the athletes. They'll figure that out after it's ruined but it will be too late for all but a handful.

Re: TNET: Report: NCAA sees revenue decline by $600 million with 2020 Tourney cancellation

Jan 26, 2021, 11:41 AM

Hopefully, this the the beginning of the useless NCAA.

Re: TNET: Report: NCAA sees revenue decline by $600 million with 2020 Tourney cancellation

Jan 26, 2021, 12:08 PM

Nah, they will still pay for their nice offices and salaries and give less, if anything, to colleges and universities.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Good Lord, they lose half a billion dollars and are still

Jan 26, 2021, 12:10 PM

fine financially? But there's no money to increase player stipends in an attempt to head off unionizing or the impending NIL fiasco? Those greedy ####### just want to keep all the money

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good Lord, they lose half a billion dollars and are still

Jan 26, 2021, 1:40 PM

and this somehow surprises you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I always knew they were crooked as $hit, I just can't

Jan 26, 2021, 2:24 PM

believe how brazen they are about it now...Pocket full of hundreds but don't have enough money for a tip

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic