Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Report: ACC to add new bowl destinations in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Report: ACC to add new bowl destinations in 2020

Mar 5, 2019, 2:51 PM

Report: ACC to add new bowl destinations in 2020

Stadium's Brett McMurphy reported Tuesday some new features to the ACC bowl structure among a series of shifts across college football in 2020. The headliner is Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Report: ACC to add new bowl destinations in 2020

Mar 5, 2019, 2:57 PM

If Notre Dame is not a member of ACC football, they should not enjoy an ACC bowl tie in.
2 cents

Mar 5, 2019, 3:05 PM

ND needs to be "ALL IN" or get out of the ACC all together.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We can do that but be prepared to lose 1 of the better bowl

Mar 5, 2019, 3:19 PM

games like the Gator or Outback. The possibility of having ND every 5 years moves the needle, not Wake or Pitt.

Mar 5, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: ACC to add new bowl destinations in 2020 ]

Agree!

Mar 5, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Report: ACC to add new bowl destinations in 2020 ]

I agree he reaps the benefits by being tied into the ACC bowl games but shares not one penny

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Sounds like a pretty big improvement for the ACC***

Mar 5, 2019, 3:11 PM

Re: Sounds like a pretty big improvement for the ACC***

Mar 5, 2019, 4:22 PM

Agreed. Holiday Bowl is actually been traditionally a great bowl to go to. San Diego is awesome and it only helps our recruiting footprint. I like having Tampa back in play too. Big Lights, Big Cities,......WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes...gets ACC back on New Year’s Day too....

Mar 5, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Sounds like a pretty big improvement for the ACC*** ]

I don’t think we had anyone playing on Jan. 1 this year. While not what it used to be, that’s still good for the ACC to have someone there...assuming the Outback Bowl is still on New Year’s Day.

Hey Swoffie...

Mar 5, 2019, 3:12 PM

You're welcome

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Hey Swoffie...

Mar 5, 2019, 8:52 PM

Exactly. Those bowls are for steerage class. Since the playoffs started I don’t see how it really matters, you are either in the playoffs or out. It’s just a practice game these days.

Wait, so Notre Dame gets an ACC slot?

Mar 5, 2019, 3:17 PM

Does that mean they split their revenues with the conference? Did they dump any of their Cotton Bowl money in the ACC?

LOL. Heads they win, Tails you lose.***

Mar 5, 2019, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Wait, so Notre Dame gets an ACC slot?

Mar 5, 2019, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Wait, so Notre Dame gets an ACC slot? ]

I really don't know. Shouldn't our bowl-related expenses come off the top before any ACC split??

The cockss have been leeching off the SEC

Mar 5, 2019, 9:04 PM

for over 25 years. Bottom feeders if you will.

The Holiday Bowl !?!!?!

Mar 5, 2019, 3:41 PM

What a stupid idea !!!!

Most of the teams in the ACC have a hard enough time selling out their own home games.

In that case, let's send them all the way to California to play in some meaningless bowl game.

This is almost as stupid as a tie-in with the Hawaii or the Bahamas Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The Holiday Bowl !?!!?!

Mar 5, 2019, 3:50 PM

Well it isnt just because Swoff did it that this is stupid. Its also the reasons you cited

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Holiday Bowl !?!!?!

Mar 5, 2019, 7:35 PM [ in reply to The Holiday Bowl !?!!?! ]

I see your point, but that game in California gave us tremendous national exposure, and we beat Alabama! What's to complain about that? And, we are starting to recruit effectively in California. This is the price of being a national power, but I think in the long run this is money well spent----and we choose not to spend it at our peril.

The cockss would be lucky to make a bowl the caliber of

Mar 5, 2019, 7:38 PM

the holiday bowl. You think you could score a touchdown against a middling foe?

I’m sorry but who cares?

Mar 5, 2019, 3:43 PM

This doesn’t concern us. We will never have to worry about playing in the Chuck E. Cheese bowl

The ACC rarely brings any fans to Nashville for the MCB

Mar 5, 2019, 3:48 PM

I'm sure switching that bowl with one in San Diego is going to do wonders for the conference...

Re: The ACC rarely brings any fans to Nashville for the MCB

Mar 5, 2019, 4:21 PM

i’d go to San Diego before Nashville, personally.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 4:25 PM

Agreed. No doubt. I like Nashville...just not that tine of year. I like San Diego and Tampa coming into play....much better (and warmer) destinations that help with national footprint. Hopefully we aren't playing in those anytime soon and keep getting into the CFP or other major bowls...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. MCB can be bone-chillingly cold.***

Mar 5, 2019, 5:23 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 5, 2019, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: The ACC rarely brings any fans to Nashville for the MCB ]

I graduated from San Diego State,and should be dead now given the risks I was constantly surfing at South Mission Beach. Fierce rip tides (we had to body surf using swim fins), and sharks---the one I saw 15 feet from me on one afternoon cured me forever from venturing into the ocean. I can't describe the fright. I swam to the bottom, and clawed my way on to the beach, thinking that the shark would more likely hit me if I were thrashing around on the surface. I subsequently became a licensed scuba diver and went on several dives in the Carribean. Go figure. I guess I always figured that if I was down there with them, I'd be at less risk. Actually the scariest thing was the sevral 6-feet long barracuda who would just hang in in the water and stare at my diving buddy and me----on the front, they were all teeth. so we'd just go to the bottom and sit there. They looked at us, and we looked at them----there was no doubt who would win if a skirmish ensued. Forgive me for drifting back in time.

Smart move for the Gator to go ACC-SEC. Always successful

Mar 5, 2019, 8:07 PM

for the Peach before they joined the NY6.

Mar 6, 2019, 2:24 AM

So, if the Belk Bowl doesn't have the SEC tie-in each year; will the Coots have to put new tires on the Boom bus??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic