Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Lebron James gifts Beats headphones for OSU, sends motivational message
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

TNET: Lebron James gifts Beats headphones for OSU, sends motivational message

Dec 27, 2019, 7:31 PM

Lebron James gifts Beats headphones for OSU, sends motivational message

Lebron James is good at basketball and loves his Buckeyes growing up in Akron, Ohio. The NBA great showed off his love of all things Ohio State by gifting wirel Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

takes a real humble guy to refer to themselves

Dec 27, 2019, 7:33 PM

as king james

Re: takes a real humble guy to refer to themselves

Dec 27, 2019, 11:39 PM

Yeah, just like his back tattoo in giant font that says “THE CHOSEN ONE”.... oh, he had that one before he even stepped on an NBA court. Yeah, real humble.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: takes a real humble guy to refer to themselves

Dec 28, 2019, 7:34 PM [ in reply to takes a real humble guy to refer to themselves ]

Truth. Not a fan, and never will be. He is foul mouthed and classless. Just for a minute I watched about 10 minutes of "The Barbershop" or whatever its called on HBO. Like him even less.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is the gift from a booster not a violation?***

Dec 27, 2019, 7:34 PM

I was wondering the exact same thing??

Dec 27, 2019, 7:43 PM

Nm

Re: How is the gift from a booster not a violation?***

Dec 27, 2019, 7:51 PM [ in reply to How is the gift from a booster not a violation?*** ]

Same reason Young can receive a “loan from a friend” and only miss 2 unimportant games.

Re: How is the gift from a booster not a violation?***

Dec 27, 2019, 8:11 PM

Hey now the person was a “family friend” he’d met right after committing. ??

the family friend happened to be an NFL scout he met

Dec 27, 2019, 8:31 PM

his senior year of high school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they’re in the Big 10.

Dec 27, 2019, 11:41 PM [ in reply to How is the gift from a booster not a violation?*** ]

One of the NCAAs two little precious gems.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Because they’re in the Big 10.

Dec 27, 2019, 11:47 PM

and as pure and clean as the driven snow.you can take that to the bank.i'm sure chase did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Added to the list of words I hate: gift as a verb***

Dec 27, 2019, 7:46 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Added to the list of words I hate: gift as a verb***

Dec 28, 2019, 3:50 AM

90tiger® said:

And when did genius change from a noun to an adjective? Only the past ten years did that become the norm.

Re: Added to the list of words I hate: gift as a verb***

Dec 28, 2019, 3:50 AM [ in reply to Added to the list of words I hate: gift as a verb*** ]

90tiger® said:

And when did genius change from a noun to an adjective? Only the past ten years did that become the norm.

This is crazy! You can’t do this stuff.

Dec 27, 2019, 7:47 PM

I know I can’t... where’s the ncaa on this?

I guess Chase needed another loan from a “friend”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is crazy! You can’t do this stuff.

Dec 27, 2019, 9:22 PM

How many Tiger boosters can I recruit to give $350 car payments to our players?

Title should be LeBron commits NCAA violation unless I

Dec 27, 2019, 7:58 PM

missed the part where he offered same gift to all OSU student body. So you can gift this but not an extra dessert or have too many colored pages in media guide, got it.

All playing who accepted should be held out of game

Dec 27, 2019, 8:00 PM

Nm

Not a violation guys. The company is a sponsor.

Dec 27, 2019, 8:02 PM

https://amp.businessinsider.com/lebron-ohio-state-football-beats-headphones-gift-not-ncaa-violation-2019-12?__twitter_impression=true

Re: Not a violation guys. The company is a sponsor.

Dec 27, 2019, 8:16 PM

Question. So if the players are permitted to receive $550 in gifts then how the heck does $350 headphones, a PS4 gift package, Fossil watch, a Ogio Shuttle Pack backpack, a book titled "History of the Bowls: Celebrating the Good of the Game," and an Ice Shaker insulated bottle not equal more than $550? Am I bad at math or should that be over the $550 cap?

Dec 27, 2019, 8:29 PM

It says in the article they use wholesale value, which “would be closer to half the retail price of 350.” If everything is roughly 50% of its retail price then I could see this being done rather easily.

Dec 27, 2019, 8:41 PM

#### I’m in the military can I get stuff whole sell too?!?!?!?

Dec 28, 2019, 6:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Not a violation guys. The company is a sponsor. ]

So, which of the other gifts are they not receiving? Both teams get the same swag bag with the same value. If tosu gets this extra gift wouldn’t that put them over the $ limit?

So if the company is a sponsor, why didn't they get credit

Dec 28, 2019, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Not a violation guys. The company is a sponsor. ]

for the donation instead of James? If a Clemson grad works for Delta Airlines and Delta is a bowl sponsor and the guy gives plane tickets to our players, would that be allowed?

Re: TNET: Lebron James gifts Beats headphones for OSU, sends motivational message

Dec 27, 2019, 8:04 PM

Clemson is safe. We have no rich NBA alums. So CoachBB has provided some positives with bad teams

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See, and you thought nothing good came from Brad’s tenure!

Dec 27, 2019, 9:17 PM

(Your post made me LOL)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Since when did Lebron become an OSU alum?***

Dec 28, 2019, 4:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Lebron James gifts Beats headphones for OSU, sends motivational message ]

Re: TNET: Lebron James gifts Beats headphones for OSU, sends motivational message

Dec 27, 2019, 8:18 PM

Is that an illegal gift? Are all Bucks suspended? LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 8:25 PM

So I wonder what would happen if Nuk and Watson gifted all Clemson players with 55” Sony 4K TVs if anything would be said.

Time for Newspring to step up

Dec 27, 2019, 8:27 PM

;)

Dec 27, 2019, 8:44 PM

And tomorrow they’ll receive Beats by Clemson!!!!

Yet another reason not to like him.***

Dec 27, 2019, 9:14 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The all-time losingest finals player ever...

Dec 27, 2019, 9:36 PM

Please take his advice suckeyes.

Dec 27, 2019, 9:53 PM

What is screwed up about this thingy with Lebron gifting the OSU players with $350 buck head phones, and that is with all the guys that Clemson has helped to get into the NFL with lots of them with major $$$$$ contracts, and they haven't given anything back to the FB program that help make them who they are in the NFL. CJ has gave to the FB program/Clemson several times, and we just don't hear of anything being give back by players that got paid more money than CJ's contract paid to him!!! Not pointing any fingers bc they know who they are that hasn't paid anything forward to the FB program that helped to make them who they are today. It's sad in a way IMO bc, making them into better people of high character was extra that they just couldn't have gotten at many other FB programs. Just saying!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe we just don't hear about it***

Dec 27, 2019, 10:23 PM

Looks like an NCAA VIOLATION.***

Dec 27, 2019, 10:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a violation b/c headphones were to be used

Dec 27, 2019, 11:12 PM

for academic purposes only. Headphones allowed soothing music to be played in the background while test answers and term paper dictation was read to players by tutors.

Now that's funny

Dec 28, 2019, 8:01 AM

soothing music

Re: Not a violation b/c headphones were to be used

Dec 28, 2019, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Not a violation b/c headphones were to be used ]

Yeah, right!

Lebron the loser lol

Dec 28, 2019, 8:07 AM

I'm surprised he hasn't jumped from Ohio State to Bama to Clemson. Joining all star teams is his thing after all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Oh, yeah? Well Olu Babalola just made the whole team tea and crumpets!

Dec 28, 2019, 8:34 AM

With a note attached to the crumpet tray that read

“Put some welly into it!”

Not sure what the h that means, but GOOO TIGERS!!!!

~JKB

Around 11 pm they turn into "GotBeats"***

Dec 28, 2019, 8:57 AM

Most appropriate gift ever! 'Cause they is about to get

Dec 28, 2019, 9:00 AM

BEAT, and roundly. Like an overinflated Bucknut rolling downhill. I hope those 'phones last a long time, so they can be reminded of the beatdown every time they use them.

bless his heart... ***

Dec 28, 2019, 9:04 AM

Dec 28, 2019, 9:14 AM

Loser...

Dec 28, 2019, 11:20 AM

Is that allowed? I wonder what beats is, never heard of them. Is that a NCAA violation? Someone help me out!

Dec 28, 2019, 1:26 PM

This is absolutely a violation! Receiving unwarranted services/items/and or money.

Re: TNET: Lebron James gifts Beats headphones for OSU, sends motivational message***

Dec 28, 2019, 5:54 PM

"don't settle for nothing less" ....

Dec 28, 2019, 6:00 PM

He told them to settle for less.

Glad he said that. Funny thing is, all those players probably already have at least two of them. His gifts will be sold for profit

Dec 28, 2019, 7:21 PM

He probably didn't like it that Michael Jordan is Dabo's all-time favorite NBA player. So he did this for spite.

Dec 29, 2019, 8:29 AM

Who knows how to put the crying Jordan face over LeBron's ?? ????

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic