Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #43 'Young Bob Bradley'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,555

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #43 'Young Bob Bradley'

May 14, 2020, 9:32 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #43 'Young Bob Bradley'

TigerNet will be posting several historic Clemson photos during this difficult time with no Clemson sports. Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka ® submitted many o Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bob Bradley was one of the most humble & friendliest men I ever met!

May 14, 2020, 9:46 AM

He always had a “Hello Bill” when he saw me.

Remember him asking me to sit at scorers table at old Fife to help keep a tab on which team would get the basketball in tie-ups.

And, after the huge 10-8 win at Chapel Hill in 1981 I spotted Bob unselfishly loading up the football players gear into the storage compartments of the bus..and he took the sec to say “Hello Bill”.

And the time I took a visitor into the sports office’s lobby to show off trophies in cases and he was dusting one of them and still says “Hello BiLL”.

Saying, a CLEMSON Gentlemen thru & thru.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bob Bradley was one of the most humble & friendliest men I ever met!

May 14, 2020, 10:00 AM

All of those people look completely lost. None of them are staring at their phone.

They must have had to stand around and talk to each other.........ooohhhhhhhh the horror!!!!!

May 14, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Bob Bradley was one of the most humble & friendliest men I ever met! ]

Bob Bradley was one of the first persons I met when I came to Clemson in 1955. We were virtually next-door neighbors. Bob nd Louise did not have any children at that time so he played with my two daughters and two other little girls. Every afternoon when Bob came home the girls were the girls would rush out to greet Bob. One day my oldest daughter was real upset and wanted to know when that nice man was coming home. Louise still resides in Clemson, Haven't seen her lately due to the virus keeping us in.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2020, 10:13 AM

thanks for sharing

May 14, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Bob Bradley was one of the most humble & friendliest men I ever met! ]

The dealership where I worked supplied Bob a car to drive. I think he got 2 a year . When He would come in to switch cars , A well filled spit cup had to be carefully removed .
couldn't ask for a nicer guy . When I would see him around campus , He always remembered my name .
Was a big help in getting tix in Omaha at the last minute .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #43 'Young Bob Bradley'

May 14, 2020, 12:23 PM

Lol, it appears the lady in black is giving Bob "the eye", while his date is busy reading text! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In my broadcasting career, I had the pleasure

May 14, 2020, 2:43 PM

of working for and with Bob for many years and will relate some interesting stories at some time. Nothing super funny or ironic, and maybe only interesting to me. He was a great guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2020, 4:03 PM

I was a Clemson Student from 1956-1960. During those years I had the privlidge of working for Mr. Bradley. i worked in the press box at the home football games as a spotter for the press box announcer and did odd jobs such as distributing the statics and other information to the reporters. later I became the press box announcer. Mr Bradley also got me a few jobs as being the Clemson spotter for the TV announcers at a few away football games. When I was Coach Bill Wilhelm's baseball manager in 1959 and 1960, Mr Bradley would often ride with me in a Clemson Car to away games. Mr. Bradley was one of my fondest memories of Clemson and I seldom returned without visiting with him. He never forgot a face and always greeted me as "Hap" know matter where or when we crossed paths. Always a gentleman. When I think of Bob Bradley I think of Mr. Clemson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2020, 7:12 PM

great first post! thanks for sharing.

GOAT***

May 15, 2020, 10:43 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,555
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic