Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #181 'B.C. Inabinet'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #181 'B.C. Inabinet'

Oct 1, 2020, 8:49 AM

LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #181 'B.C. Inabinet'

Long-time TigerNet member Mintaka® submitted many of the historic photos on our website, and we appreciate him being part of the TigerNet family. Mintaka's take Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think i would have skipped this one******

Oct 1, 2020, 9:30 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think i would have skipped this one******

Oct 1, 2020, 4:20 PM

LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Re: TNET: LOOK: Clemson Historic photo #181 'B.C. Inabinet'

Oct 1, 2020, 9:36 AM

If I remember correctly, BC died from complications from an early bariatric surgery procedure. When he passed, Clemson lost a long time major supporter and contributor.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but he was guilty of contributing TOO much.....

Oct 1, 2020, 9:57 AM

in several cases. I remember, for example, Tree Rollins and Stan Rome riding around campus in new cars it was later found out that he paid for.

But, in fairness, not to confuse that with the fact that he was a good football player!

His company was Defender Industries in Hopkins, SC close to

Oct 1, 2020, 11:45 AM

my house. When we were kids in the 70's and 80's we would ride our bikes on the trails through the woods to Defender and then buy a coke at the convenience store down the road. I always heard that BC was a good guy -- at least he never hassled us for riding our bikes all over his property. He was a large man, and I heard he they had to have a special order casket that would hold him when he died. Could have been just a rumor.

Re: His company was Defender Industries in Hopkins, SC close to

Oct 2, 2020, 8:47 PM

We must have lived close. We were the first house in Hunting Creek and I lived on Appaloosa. Graduated LR in 83 and went to school with some Inhabinets. They also owned the Bounty seafood which was in an building that looked like a pirate ship. We used to cut through the woods and fish at the lake.

Re: His company was Defender Industries in Hopkins, SC close to

Oct 2, 2020, 8:52 PM [ in reply to His company was Defender Industries in Hopkins, SC close to ]

I guess we must have been about 17 years apart. Very small world for two Clemson grads to have the same childhood memory almost two decades apart. Twilight Zone.

Oct 1, 2020, 12:36 PM

B.C. was a fixture at athletic events when I was a student. Definitely a larger-than-life character in every respect. Would sometimes arrive at football games via helicopter, which would land on what was then the soccer field behind the south stands. Had a personal Greyhound size bus with a massive, elevated throne-like seat in the back. I always found him to be gracious and generous. Probably fractured a few rules, but he was a Clemson man through and through.

Oct 1, 2020, 4:23 PM

I remember his special seat at Littlejohn. The university removed an armrest to make a double-wide seat. After his death, it was converted back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

he was one of the main alums. paying players during the

Oct 1, 2020, 4:46 PM

Charlie Pell, Danny Ford years. Not knocking him. It was rampant back then.Had to cheat to compete .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2020, 2:42 PM

Wow. Six words that will forever be linked to Clemson basketball: B.C. Moses Malone and probation.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic