Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Herbstreit excited about sons playing at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Herbstreit excited about sons playing at Clemson

Feb 6, 2019, 3:44 PM

Herbstreit excited about sons playing at Clemson

Head coach Dabo Swinney announced the group of 2019 preferred walk-ons at Clemson during National Signing Day on Wednesday. Two of the talented walk-ons were th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you misspeak or does Herbie...

Feb 6, 2019, 3:50 PM

not know those kids will have to work to play?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you misspeak or does Herbie...

Feb 6, 2019, 3:54 PM

I'm sure he's well aware that nothing will be handed to them.

Re: Did you misspeak or does Herbie...

Feb 6, 2019, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Did you misspeak or does Herbie... ]

The "playing at Clemson" part was only mentioned in the headline, probably written by Tony Crumpton or some other TigerNet staffer. Herbstreit's tweets focused on his pride in his sons and his excitement that they will be a part of Clemson's incredible culture. His twins could have gone to a smaller school and seen more likely playing time. But like Hunter Renfrow, they wanted the Clemson degree and the Clemson experience. I'm sure Kirk understands what's in store.

Re: TNET: Herbstreit excited about sons playing at Clemson

Feb 6, 2019, 4:02 PM

I know we’re all very excited to have the Herbstreit’s join the Clemson Family as well.

What a grrreat day to be a Tiger!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 6, 2019, 4:17 PM

This is great! Hey guys get in the weight room!! That's the key. Wish you the best!

Feb 6, 2019, 7:40 PM

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

May get a few snaps by their senior year***

Feb 6, 2019, 9:43 PM

Re: May get a few snaps by their senior year***

Feb 6, 2019, 11:25 PM

Why rain on a proud father's parade. Kirk didn't even mention playing in his tweets — that was just the headline added by TigerNet. His sweet messages to his sons were expressions of love and excitement that they will be part of the Clemson Family.

Re: May get a few snaps by their senior year***

Feb 7, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to May get a few snaps by their senior year*** ]

Lol . The negativity has already started. If it wasn't wasn't directed at the Herbstreit twins, it would be for something else .

Get used to it , boys. Don't pay any attention to it . Unfortunately, it's a normal part of TNet and no one will escape it unscathed .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

STUDS!

Feb 7, 2019, 12:56 AM

Can't wait for you build you're own legacy at Clemson. Wow! Welcome gents. Light the world up!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State alumni

Feb 7, 2019, 7:41 AM

For anyone who Doesn't know, Herbstreit is Ohio state alumni. Had a fantastic career there as a QB. I dont know about him, but my daughter hears Clemson day and night. She already knows thats where she is going to school. I would have to believe that those boys grew up in a fairly similar fashion. For them to be coming here, knowing that they have an Ohio State guarantee and at least some garbage playing time, that's pretty big for all of them. At no time has anyone heard Herbstreit say anything but good things about Clemson. He went out of his way to talk about the Clemson way of life during the NC. You cant possibly believe that he, knowing all of that, simply expects Dabo to start his boys. Dabo's own son only comes in during garbage time. Herbstreit didnt mince words or put any hidden meanings in there. It was a heartfelt message, by a proud father, showing his love for his boys. Period.

Re: Ohio State alumni

Feb 11, 2019, 8:36 AM

100%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What 'playing at Clemson' means ...

Feb 7, 2019, 10:47 AM

In my opinion, ANY player that is a member of the Clemson team - whether starter, 2nd through nth string, or scout team - 'Plays at Clemson'.

All these young men have committed the time, effort, blood, sweat, and tears and have dedicated themselves to the success of the program.

To me, it doesn't matter if they start every game, or don't play a snap in an official game in their entire career. The fact that they are 'All In', every practice, every day means they are a Clemson Player to me.

Re: What 'playing at Clemson' means ...

Feb 8, 2019, 3:26 PM

Hear, hear! I agree with Pawsitively!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 8:38 AM

Me too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to What 'playing at Clemson' means ... ]

Very well said!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic