Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson WR re-signs with former team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson WR re-signs with former team

Sep 11, 2018, 9:00 PM

Former Clemson WR re-signs with former team

Martavis Bryant is back with the Oakland Raiders with a one-year contract, ESPN reports. The former Clemson receiver had been released prior to the start of the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson WR re-signs with former team

Sep 11, 2018, 9:04 PM

?????

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 9:23 PM

Looks like a lot people was wrong

Sep 11, 2018, 9:31 PM

Ok young man, you are in a position tons of guys would love to be in. Don’t waste your opportunity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 9:31 PM

Ok young man, you are in a position tons of guys would love to be in. Don’t waste your opportunity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2018, 9:57 PM

Looks like they weren’t happy with week 1 results and decided to roll the dice again with TD snagging Martavis Bryant.

Honestly

Sep 11, 2018, 10:30 PM

If I had a player of his caliber, who is also proven, I'd let him on the team. Honestly who gives a crap, its weed. I know its the rule, but its a stupid rule. Like your going to sit there and tell me other players don't smoke and the owners and coaches don't look the other way??? Please

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly the owners and coaches smoke weed.***

Sep 11, 2018, 10:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well he's not an owner or a coach, he's a player and there

Sep 12, 2018, 8:24 AM

are rules. And there are millions of dollars, for he and his family as the payoff, for following those rules.

Re: Honestly

Sep 12, 2018, 3:24 AM [ in reply to Honestly ]

That's the problem with this new dont give two chits world. First, i dont care who smokes pot and who doesn't. I dont but have friends that do. But the 'so what BS' is what doesnt work. Yes!!! Its the rule! It doesn't matter if others are doing it or not, but he has a reputation as a rule breaker. NO! Its not OK to do it! That attitude will get you fired everyday if your employer says you cant do it in your Handbook! No excuses! He can make millions but if a hit from the bong is better that millions then dont preach to me about taking care of your family. I dont want to hear then BS. No more talk, show me! Otherwise just quit and smoke and take care of your family some other way!

And by the way, sir! Most big corp jobs do drug tests and marijuana is not an approved substance even if your state allows.

Rules are stupid

Sep 12, 2018, 6:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2018, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly ]

I work for a huge Corp. I smoke on the regular. Our company has a no drug test policy. Will NEVER get tested at this company. Bet if they did, a large chunk of the company would be wrong lol.

Sep 12, 2018, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Honestly ]

a7xgates said:

If I had a player of his caliber, who is also proven, I'd let him on the team. Honestly who gives a crap, its weed. I know its the rule, but its a stupid rule. Like your going to sit there and tell me other players don't smoke and the owners and coaches don't look the other way??? Please

I'm surprised NFL hasnt but you on Rules Committee yet. They need your unique brainpower.

who cares is the league.. and martavis has your attitude

Sep 12, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Honestly ]

which is going to keep he and his family locked out of a great future.

So the attitude of "its a stupid rule" means absolutely nothing. It is what it is and its a choice for MB for his future and his kids future. Suck it up and get through 3-5 seasons, make your money and then retire to colorado and have at it. but for now stop being selfish and stupid and do work son.

Sep 12, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Honestly ]

a7xgates said:

Rules or not this is about a player’s performance and smoking mj affects performance. The owners have megabucks invested in these guys so IMO they have a right to make the rules (State & Federal laws notwithstanding), and the players sign a contract agreeing to obey those rules. So they have a choice.

If you don’t think MJ affects performance I’ll refer you to the case of Stephen Garcia formerly the QB at SCar.

Jan 24, 2018, 10:41 PM

Hopefully hes finally got it together and is for real. Too much God given talent and potential just to #### it all away over something stupid

So maybe he didn't test positive again...***

Sep 12, 2018, 10:36 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Chucky is forcing the league to show its cards.

Sep 12, 2018, 10:43 AM

Can't imagine the NFL will sit by and let him play if he does in fact have another failed test on his record.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 9:39 AM

Great news for him. Oakland definitely needs help. I hope for Bryant’s sake, he is getting the help he needs. I know his struggle all too well. Depression can rob you of all your decision making abilities. We too, often hold athletes to standards we can’t ourselves live up to. Pressure at any level, can be debilitating. Martavis has God given gifts we all covet. He also has the same struggles. Prayers for him, and his family. I hope he goes forward and is able to be a productive football player. At the very least, he can use his situation to help other young athletes with the same type of issues. If he had better support, he may not be in the trouble he is in. Chuckie May be the best influence for him right now! I feel like he may be where he can get the help he needs. JG will love/coach him up. As a young man, and as a football player. I’d love to see Bryant catching footballs turning flips, making the top 10 like he did just a couple seasons ago!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The depression is only one part of it.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:50 AM

Martavis suffers from Migraines.

I can be sympathetic towards him as I had migraines as a kid for several year, and have battled depression as an adult. I couldn't imagine dealing with both on the regular. What a black hole (but to then add actual physical pain on top of it). Terrible.

If there is a way he can deal with the migraines, depression and stress all at the same time, that doesn't include weed. I'm all for it. Even if its just 3-5 years so he can make his money and take care of his family for a lifetime. At the same time, I hope it's not opioids that are the solution as that could be more dangerous than weed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic