Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer

Jan 5, 2020, 6:00 PM

Five-star RB won't enroll until summer

TigerNet has learned that 5-star running back out of Lakeland (FL) has delayed his enrollment at Clemson. Bowman was originally set to enroll in January but wil Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay....get your ducks in a row and we will see you this Summer

Jan 5, 2020, 6:03 PM

Was looking forward to seeing him in the Spring game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer***

Jan 5, 2020, 6:25 PM

Jan 5, 2020, 6:29 PM

Entering school at the beginning of the summer will allow him to participate in the summer workouts and that is very important too. He will certainly be ready to go when fall drills begin and that is when it really counts.

Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer

Jan 5, 2020, 6:46 PM

Without more information, I'm starting to get a little nervous about this top recruit. He was a no show for the Under Armor All Star game with no explanation. I've heard he has also missed other events. Is he having academic troubles. I'd love to hear some type of reasons.

that’s my guess***

Jan 5, 2020, 6:49 PM

Re: that’s my guess***

Jan 5, 2020, 7:25 PM

Just heard that it is academic troubles. Didn't quite qualify for graduation, so spring semester is necessary.

Jan 5, 2020, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

How bout none of your business as a reason. He does not owe you or any of us other fans an explanation. He will be here When he gets here and I am looking forward to seeing him for at least three years. He is going to be a great Tiger!

None of your business...?

Jan 6, 2020, 3:25 AM

Hey... Ease up there Tex. The guy was just asking a question! You might need a few more people skills yourself...

Dang- you mad, bro?***

Jan 6, 2020, 7:26 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ***

Jan 6, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

Jan 6, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

When people donate quite a bit of money for tickets, IPTAY, facilities, and a kid is offered a free ride, isn’t it their business to then ask?

Jan 6, 2020, 5:01 PM

When people donate quite a bit of money for tickets, IPTAY, facilities, and a kid is offered a free ride, isn’t it their business to then ask?

nope

Jan 7, 2020, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

Think of those expenses as a donation. These athletes don't owe me or you anything. This attitude is pretty ridiculous at the college level

RECRUITING WHITE KNIGHTS, MOUNT UP!***

Jan 7, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2020, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

Agreed. It's certainly been a weird recruitment. He committed early (with one of the best recruitment videos I'd seen). However, then he disappeared off the grid. He skipped most of the camps last summer, several important events this fall, supposedly was visiting Florida despite being a Clemson commit, skipped the All American Game, and then delayed his early enrollment. I don't think it's an individualistic attitude from him since Dabo screens that really hard. However, I hope it's not a serious eligibility issue as he's extremely talented.

Jan 6, 2020, 6:13 AM

More schoolwork to graduate according to 247...

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Article/Demarkcus-Bowman-running-back-Clemson--141711951/Amp/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 9:35 AM

So he has another 2 quarters to graduate on time instead of early. Ok. Good enough. See you in the summer.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

Smells like,"Lightening In a Bottle" (Mike Bellamy). Remember that name and history!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. MB was lacking a work ethic apparently. Coach Morris

Jan 6, 2020, 10:54 AM

once said (at a Prowl and Growl) that MB had never cast his shadow in a weight room before arriving at Clemson.

It would be unfair to question this new guy's work ethic at this point...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

You couldn't be more wrong!

I knew guys on the team when Bellamy was being recruited and they said before he ever even committed that he would never make it at Clemson.

One specifically said that when Bellamy was shown the academic buildings he was commenting to his host players that he didn't care about stuff (paraphrased for the mods) and he just wanted to get done with the coaches so he could go find some girls.

He was a reach in terms of being a good fit because he was a super talent at a time when Clemson needed playmakers to give the team a boost.

Nobody was shocked when it didn't work out.

Jan 6, 2020, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Five-star RB won't enroll until summer ]

Disagree. Welcome to the 'real world'. No recriminations within the Tiger Nation, but there are expectations. When things change, we want to know if for no more than encouragement.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic