Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN College GameDay coming for Clemson-Georgia Tech opener
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN College GameDay coming for Clemson-Georgia Tech opener

Aug 8, 2019, 3:52 PM

ESPN College GameDay coming for Clemson-Georgia Tech opener

ESPN formally announced its College GameDay show will be aired live in Clemson on Aug. 29 ahead of the season opener with Georgia Tech. The show will televised Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN College GameDay coming for Clemson-Georgia Tech opener

Aug 8, 2019, 3:58 PM

I bet no headgear.

Aug 8, 2019, 4:04 PM

:)

Aug 8, 2019, 4:12 PM

I was just told by a lady that works for Spectrum, they didn't know if Spectrum was going to have the ACCN, but they were ask that by a lot of people. I told her if they didn't have it when our game started, that they could cancel everything but my internet, and she said that she would make a note of that after I said that I was dead serious, to kill all but the internet!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 9:52 PM

I was told yesterday by a Spectrum tech guy that they would not have the ACC network any time soon.
Am going to switch soon. Not sure what to get.

Aug 8, 2019, 4:29 PM

Not sure if this really counts as a visit for Gameday, sounds like they will just have a setup inside the stadium prior to gametime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's better that way. They and cut out the hours of boring

Aug 8, 2019, 5:39 PM

nonsense of the regular Gameday and only show the interesting bits.

Re: It's better that way. They and cut out the hours of boring

Aug 8, 2019, 9:45 PM

So, where's the real Gameday on Saturday the 31-oneth? And what are they getting paid to show up for an hour on a Thursday night? Don't get me wrong - it's all good!

Go Tigers!!!

Gameday on Saturday

Aug 9, 2019, 10:43 AM

The Saturday Gameday show that week will be at Oregon/Auburn.

GO TIGERS

Herbie gets to visit his kids on ESPN's dime

Aug 9, 2019, 3:01 AM

Doubt he has much say in where they go, but if he does you know he's going to push for Clemson so he can visit his sons.

Aug 9, 2019, 6:41 AM

Let's see. No ACC Network on Spectrun, Comcast , ATT Uverse. From what I've read, no ACC network available in Raleigh, Greensboro, Greenville or Charleston. Also not available in Atlanta or Northeast. Will someone please explain what the heck is up with this lack of coverage. GO TIGERS!!!

Don't panic

Aug 9, 2019, 10:18 AM

Comcast waited until a week or two before launch to announce the $EC network. so don't sweat it.

also, if you don't have it by then, use the youtube TV free trial to watch it. I'll give you time to figure out what you are going to replace your TV service with. ;)

Re: Don't panic

Aug 9, 2019, 11:01 AM

Comcast waited until a week or two before launch to announce the $EC network. so don't sweat it.

also, if you don't have it by then, use the youtube TV free trial to watch it. I'll give you time to figure out what you are going to replace your TV service with. ;)

Actually, Comcast had an agreement with the SEC network almost a month before its launch. The SEC Network launched on 14 August 2014. Carriage agreements were made on these dates in 2014:

March 3: Dish Network.

July 9: Cox Communications.

July 18: Comcast.

July 24: Time Warner. (Note: Charter purchased Time Warner two years ago in 2016).

Aug. 4: DirecTV. This was 10 days before launch.

Aug. 14: Mediacom serving SEC states Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri and Tennessee. Grande Communications in Texas.

Aug. 26: Verizon Fios. This was 12 days post-launch and two days before the SEC Network’s first football game, between Texas A&M and South Carolina."

We are now 13 days from launch and the ACC Network has yet to lock down any of the big cable providers (Spectrum, Comcast, Charter, Cox). By comparison, the SEC Network had ALL the big cable providers locked down at least 21 days before launch. Interesting that Dish Network was among the first to carry the SEC Network but has yet to come to agreement with the ACC Network. Not saying the ACC Network won't get it done, but the ACC Network has a lot less coverage than the SEC at the same point prior to their launch. All in all I guess it doesn't matter when the ACC Network makes the agreement as long as it is before the launch...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic