Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Deshaun Watson embracing role as face of franchise, appreciative of Clemson family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Deshaun Watson embracing role as face of franchise, appreciative of Clemson family

Aug 16, 2020, 3:59 PM

Deshaun Watson embracing role as face of franchise, appreciative of Clemson family

The Houston Texans are still scheduled to kick off the 2020 NFL season on Sept. 10 at reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City. Deshaun Watson enters his fourth Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Deshaun Watson embracing role as face of franchise, appreciative of Clemson family

Aug 16, 2020, 6:25 PM

Deshaun has a heart of gold, we were blessed he chose Clemson! His game is still improving every season with no ceiling in sight.

Enjoyed the article and the memories!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: TNET: Deshaun Watson embracing role as face of franchise, appreciative of Clemson family

Aug 16, 2020, 6:34 PM

Did DW4 call Obama?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 6:36 PM

I would have been ok if he did, and I would have been just as proud of him! Love ?? me some Deshaun!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 16, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Deshaun Watson embracing role as face of franchise, appreciative of Clemson family ]

You tried Keith.....Epic Fail

Aug 16, 2020, 7:50 PM

I'm so appreciative of you, DW4, and very proud of your accomplishments!

Aug 16, 2020, 9:27 PM

Thanks for bring Clemson football back...but if you want to change things go to Chicago they need help.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CJ was the Best ever at Clemson; DW4 was the most Important

Aug 17, 2020, 10:18 AM

He will always be 2015 and Nick Saban throwing his headset down in disgust; or 2016 and Bama's Defense spending the whole year talking about getting redemption against him, until, well, they couldn't. I think they were actually still alive when he cut their hearts out.

But DW4 needs to learn a lesson from pre-Muhammad Ali days:

- real Leaders don't talk about themselves, they don't self-evaluate nor self-promote or even self-prosthelytize; they are indeed defined by the Mission itself, not the people around them, nor even previous missions of others;

- real Leaders don't have entourages or homeys - they don't need such things; it's not about either themselves or the people around them, though teammates are welcome to enjoy the ride - it's just about the Mission;

- they don't talk about the greats before and about them, except in completely reverential tones;

- they don't compare their "games" to anyone, ever;

- they don't vogue "Superman" or the Money sign or a Heisman after a big play - I'll give you a fist pump, or a high five for camaraderie, if you need it, but only because I can see Jesus giving a little pump and then clasping hands right after the Sermon on the Mount;

- they for sure don't watch themselves on the Jumbotron - if anything they're just laughing about seeing John Candy in the stands in the moments before the final drive is starting and right as all the air is being sucked out of the stadium;

- they don't Facebook or Instagram any more than they would take a selfie after a big play in a big game, or really, any more than they would take a selfie at all;

- they're always "on"... always - in the store, in the parking lot, in the Church, in the middle of the night; and

- it's always simply about the Team.... always and without fail.

^^What a grump!

Aug 17, 2020, 11:10 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? You didn't have a picture of a man beating a black kid

Aug 17, 2020, 1:36 PM

Wouldn't that have been more appropriate to your puny mind full of stereotypes?

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic