Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney talks Clemson QB starter decision
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney talks Clemson QB starter decision

Aug 27, 2018, 8:40 PM

Dabo Swinney talks Clemson QB starter decision

Clemson officially announced its starter at quarterback for Saturday’s opener with Furman (12:20, ACC Network) by releasing its depth chart Monday morning. Retu Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney talks Clemson QB starter decision

Aug 27, 2018, 9:16 PM

Well we see how it plays out

Aug 28, 2018, 5:59 AM

I haven’t been to any practices. So not sure how I can have an opinion yet. Looking forward to Saturday!!!

The trolls

Aug 27, 2018, 9:24 PM

won't like this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More coach speak as we expected, nothing to see here.

Aug 27, 2018, 9:33 PM

"Everybody competed well."
"We feel that we can win with any of them."
"Kelly did what we asked him to do."
"The young guys improved a lot."

Rinse and repeat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: More coach speak as we expected, nothing to see here.

Aug 28, 2018, 1:05 AM

Agree...nothing new

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree. He spoke directly to the "you give it to the senior"

Aug 28, 2018, 2:01 AM [ in reply to More coach speak as we expected, nothing to see here. ]

group by saying that he laughs at it bc they wouldn't be around very long if thats how they operated.
Me, i don't comment much on the qb situation because I've not seen any of our qbs play this year. So... I'll trust the guys that have.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

There was an objective grading process. KB won. That's

Aug 28, 2018, 9:21 AM [ in reply to More coach speak as we expected, nothing to see here. ]

noteworthy. Coaches speak is saying nothing but using a lot of words to do it. That is not what Dabo gave us there. He gave us some specifics. I approve of his feedback.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 10:29 PM

Love Kelly's attitude on the QB competition...hope he lights it up this year.

Aug 27, 2018, 11:31 PM

It would be awesome to see him play on Deshaun's level being himself this year. I love how Trevor plays but would love to see Kelly B be the man by leading by the way he plays!

Love to see ETN or Kelly B win the Heisman on the way to our 3rd National Championship and 2nd in three years! We have to even the National Championship with Alabama at 2-2 this year.....

Go Champions!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Aug 28, 2018, 7:01 AM

I trust CDS, no doubt about it, because, hey, what do I know!?

BUT, I've still heard a few reporters and media folks say KB still has trouble getting the ball down field effectively. These folks have referenced certain types of throws into certain types of coverage. They're not bashing KB ovwrall. They're just making note of a part of his game and throwing mechanics.

My point is NOT to bash KB. It's to point out that I'll believe it when I see it. It's more "coach speak" right now but I hope I'm wrong!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 7:13 AM

Plus, the absolute best scenario for all involved is to patiently work TL into games assuming KB can carry the load, of which he can.

TL knows his time will come. QB's, and players generally, only need two years or so to build a CV.

Aug 28, 2018, 7:31 AM

I’d just like to hear Dabo say exactly what makes KB the better option. He says he has “earned the right”. To me that doesn’t sound like he’s the better player.

Aug 28, 2018, 7:47 AM

Elliott said it yesterday, while also stating none of the practices were live.
https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Elliott-says-QB-depth-chart-decision-is-just-where-you-start-17155

"Practice is a controlled environment, so you can't see one of his greatest attributes which is his ability to run. So right now, I would say it's his overall game management, his confidence and his leadership are the areas where he leads those guys.”

He did say specifically that they graded practice film

Aug 28, 2018, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney talks Clemson QB starter decision ]

and KB graded higher. The better player, at this time, based on film work, is KB. Why is that so difficult for you to understand? CDS will never break it down the way you want him to in an interview, as there’s no reason to do that.

Re: He did say specifically that they graded practice film

Aug 28, 2018, 11:27 AM

What does he do better than TL specifically? We know he's not as accurate. He's probably a better runner but KB repeatedly made the wrong decision on the read option last season. In fact there was a play against Alabama he decided to keep it when had he handed it off Feaster would have walked into the endzone.

It. Does. Not. Matter. He graded higher overall. That’s all that matters.

Aug 28, 2018, 4:44 PM

You are not owed any explanation.

Key difference from Stoudt/Watson is

Aug 28, 2018, 7:38 AM

This time he has said it will play out in games and TL WILL play. Before he simply stated that Stoudt was the starter and left us to wonder.

Nice arm slot in that photo.***

Aug 28, 2018, 8:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KB and TL is different than CS and DW.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:28 AM

KB is 12-1 as a starter with an elite performance in a ACC championship game. KB's highs are higher than CS and his lows are not as low.

I really hate it for KB that people are looking for every crack they can find to justify removing him as the starting QB. Not sure why people always have to join "camps" and then repeatedly advocate once they make up their mind, regardless with how much data they have to work with.

I just want the best guy to start, and I believe the best coaching staff in Clemson history will figure it out more than Tigernet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB and TL is different than CS and DW.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:45 AM

12-1 as a starter in games in which he was not knocked unconscious...12-2 otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB and TL is different than CS and DW.

Aug 28, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to KB and TL is different than CS and DW. ]

Every crack...there has been one consistent criticism that materialized in a couple games. NO deep threat. I think both QB's are awesome, I think one is better than the other based on what limited plays we saw in spring. Starter was named, I am now in KB camp until that situation changes. While I criticized him, I admitted last year he did better than I thought he would, so maybe he will surprise me again, that is what I am hoping. Either way KB one of the best in the business, cant be too worked up about an embarrassment of riches

Aug 28, 2018, 10:34 AM

I heard a little something different from what Dabo said. Sounds to me that Trevor has actually helped Kelly a good bit. Maybe moreso than CB. Good to have confidence and dance around pregame and all that stuff but imo he comes across a bit cocky, and doesn’t recognize his competitors enough. The way he pouted in the spring game just hit me the wrong way... and it’s not the first time.

Sure I’ll get creamed by that but like I said, that’s just my opinion on what I like and dislike in people in general.

Still would prefer to see TL for 3 years instead of two.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you will see TL 3 yrs barring injury ...

Aug 28, 2018, 4:33 PM

Coach Swinney places team chemistry particularly at QB above passing skills and potential, and the team is buying in. This is a good sign and the way it should be in early games. It’s a long season. And nothing wrong with dancing, the whole team dances - just staying loose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And you will see TL 3 yrs barring injury ...

Aug 28, 2018, 4:50 PM

NFL coaches say they would draft Lawrence today and play him if they could. What does that say about him?

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic