Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney picked third in ACC Coach of the Year voting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney picked third in ACC Coach of the Year voting

Dec 5, 2019, 9:10 AM

Dabo Swinney picked third in ACC Coach of the Year voting

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – Louisville first-year head coach Scott Satterfield has been voted the Atlantic Coast Conference Football Coach of the Year after Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney picked third in ACC Coach of the Year voting

Dec 5, 2019, 9:12 AM

No problem with coach Satterfield getting the award. Dude did a great job.

That performance at FSU was fantastic. Great job

Dec 5, 2019, 9:32 AM

At that game against Miami, one for the ages.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

So the league awards Satterfield...

Dec 5, 2019, 9:14 AM

after getting blown-out by a terrible Kentucky team on rivalry weekend?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: So the league awards Satterfield...

Dec 5, 2019, 9:20 AM

I dunno....throw the dogs a bone every once in a while. It would be easy to give it to Dabo every year. Considering UL could've possibly gone 0fer....i think satterfield was the right choice.

I would have voted for Mendenhall***

Dec 5, 2019, 9:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, it won Lamar Jackson the Heisman, so there’s that..

Dec 5, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to So the league awards Satterfield... ]

Nm

Dec 5, 2019, 9:23 AM

I would have thought Mack would get more votes for "beating" us. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lose to Clemson by (only) 35 points - get COTY.***

Dec 5, 2019, 9:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compared to expectations, Satterfield is the no doubt

Dec 5, 2019, 9:33 AM

right choice. And, Mendenhall overachieved to some extent as well. I have absolutely no problem with the way the voting turned out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Compared to expectations, Satterfield is the no doubt

Dec 5, 2019, 9:36 AM

So just change the name to most improved award.

Re: Compared to expectations, Satterfield is the no doubt

Dec 5, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Compared to expectations, Satterfield is the no doubt ]

I think that if UVA won one more game, Bronco would have earned it. He met expectations of the season, but Satterfield completely obliterated expectations. His result would have been a great 2nd year result.

Dec 5, 2019, 9:44 AM

No issue at all giving it to other coaches who do well and/or exceed expectations. We already know what we have. Plus it helps the morale of the conference and other teams to see the awards get spread out a bit as long as it’s earned.

Manny Diaz picked last

Dec 5, 2019, 9:52 AM

Scott Satterfield deserved it. He did an amazing job up there. It's mind boggling how Petrino let that program drop so far in 2 years.

Re: Manny Diaz picked last

Dec 5, 2019, 9:56 AM

Brent Venables should have won it!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Manny Diaz picked last

Dec 5, 2019, 9:58 AM

And I quote, "Atlantic Coast Conference Football Coach of the Year."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Petrino started mailing it in ...

Dec 5, 2019, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Manny Diaz picked last ]

after Jackson gave up his senior year to enter the NFL Draft.

Might explain why he hasn't been a candidate for ANY OTHER coaching jobs. That and a laundry list of character defects.

Re: Petrino started mailing it in & in some cases "male-ing"

Dec 5, 2019, 11:02 AM

it in which proved a problem for him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Petrino builds his houses on sand***

Dec 5, 2019, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Manny Diaz picked last ]

Dec 5, 2019, 9:59 AM

Good on Satterfield. Well earned.

No one saw Louisville to be 2nd on the Atlantic. They were picked to be dead last.

This is another example of how everything the ACC does is

Dec 5, 2019, 10:03 AM

a joke. That award should have gone to Bronco Mendenhall or Dabo. Louisville lost 5 games this year:

Notre Dame beat them by 18
Florida State beat them by 11
We beat them by 35
Miami beat them by 25
and Kentucky beat them by 32

None of those were close losses. I get they were terrible last year, but so what? Does Coach of the Year mean "Coach who took a bad team last year and made them mediocre this year?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: This is another example of how everything the ACC does is

Dec 5, 2019, 10:06 AM

Dude. They were 2-10 last year and the program was in shambles. For them to make a bowl is amazing.

I couldn't care less what their record was last year

Dec 5, 2019, 10:28 AM

They lost 5 games this year, which included getting a mudhole stomped in them by freaking Kentucky. Bronco and the hoos won their division, beat VT for the first time in 15 years, is ranked in the top 25 and headed to the ACCCG.

And I don't think making it to a bowl game is amazing. What Dabo has done is amazing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Agreed. I would have voted for Mendenhall ***

Dec 5, 2019, 10:30 AM

Re: This is another example of how everything the ACC does is

Dec 5, 2019, 10:07 AM [ in reply to This is another example of how everything the ACC does is ]

I agree with this. In fact early in the year I said that Sattergield was the best hire of anyone. You do realize that he inherited a train wreck in Louisville.?

Yes, a trainwreck that is not that far removed from being

Dec 5, 2019, 10:33 AM

ranked #3 in the nation. So they went from being a trainwreck to a team with 5 losses and is a little better than a trainwreck...cool, apparently that leads to an ACC COY award. Meanwhile Bronco probably has UVA going to the Orange Bowl, which is their first major bowl since...? Maybe the Sugar Bowl in the early 90's? And all Dabo has done is win 27 games in a row. But yeah, 5 losses is COY material.

COTY seldom goes to coaches who “meet” expectations.

Dec 5, 2019, 2:26 PM

We were favored preseason to win every game ... and we did.

Now if Brent Venables gets shafted this year as top assistant, then there should be a major investigation!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic