Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking

Oct 4, 2020, 12:19 PM

Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking

ESPN's mix of college football rankings are all in agreement on Clemson right now. The SP+ advanced metric dropped Clemson from second to third behind Ohio Stat Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking

Oct 4, 2020, 12:22 PM

Read header only. Hilarious. Dropped behind someone who hasnt played. And people wonder why w deride SPN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 12:33 PM

I don't know about Ohio State, but Alabama is definitely better than Clemson by what I saw yesterday. I expect Clemson to fall to #2 in the AP and Coaches Poll, and deservedly so. Maybe Clemson needs to get back on the ROY Bus so Dabo can motivate these guys to play the ball that they are capable of playing, or Clemson will fall to 3-1 next Saturday.

Oct 4, 2020, 1:20 PM

That is interesting logic that you have there.
Please tell me how Alabama is much better than Clemson!

Alabama is Alabama- always a good team, no doubt, but head and shoulders above Clemson- I think not.
Granted their games have been daunting to date- MIZ. and an overrated Texas A&M.

Tell em COOT!***

Oct 4, 2020, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking ]

That would be saying that Texass A&M was badass team that Bama played, and that just isn't the case bc I believe they will lose 3 or 4 games this season!!! This is their schedule below, and I see a good possibility of 3 or 4 losses for them in that schedule!!! Florida, LSU, Aubarn, and maybe usuc at home!!!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/245

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, they had a very pedestrian win over a poor

Oct 4, 2020, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking ]

Missouri team in their first game, only outgaining Missouri's offense by 92 yards. Bama had 414 yards of total offense to Missouri's 322 yards of offense.

Bama gave up 450 yards of offense to Texas A&M. Bama had 544 total yards of offense.

A&M's offense is struggling this year. They only beat Vandy 17-12.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Knew It Would Happen. It Don't Matter

Oct 4, 2020, 8:03 PM

This doesn't matter. Forget it. Don't lose sleep over it.

Same old carousel - the SEC is so highly regarded is step 1. Step 2. is they play each other. Step 3. even if they lose it was a quality loss or win. Step 4. SEC teams stay ranked even if they look like rubbish. Step 5. Have dumb voters not recognize the hypocrisy in all that.

The ACC as a whole - yeah - not good! But, the ACC does have 2 separate schools to have played for championships and won championships SINCE 2010. The Big 10 can't say that. The Pac 12 can't say that. Neither can the Big 12. Perception is reality and right now - the ACC has a bad perception! UVA had a ton of players out vs. Florida and I thought they hung around and had a chance late in that bowl game. Missing all those key players. UVA isn't deep like Florida - keep that in mind and frame it right. They hung with them despite missing key folks. How? If UVA is a bad team? They aren't!

The playoffs don't start for another few months. Oh well!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 1:14 PM

Any ranking that includes teams that haven't played yet is a joke.

Bama looks like Bama, just plug and play.

Personally, I think we held back some things for Miami.

Oct 4, 2020, 1:46 PM

Somebody tell the ESPN maroons that we're now entering week 6 of the season and pre season rankings are ancient history.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of the rankings are including those teams***

Oct 4, 2020, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson slips spot in ESPN ranking ]

Oct 4, 2020, 7:34 PM

These rankings are useless. How can you rank teams that have not even played. Only ranking that matters is CFP.

Oct 4, 2020, 7:36 PM

Granted, the Tigers did not play their best game and still won by 18. Having OSU ahead of Clemson is just plain dumb.

Oct 4, 2020, 7:54 PM

To be clear Virginia would win the SEC if they played a full schedule

Oct 4, 2020, 9:22 PM

Hard to argue we shouldn't fall when we sleepwalk through a game. I guarantee you the coaches aren't happy with our performance so why should we get upset when we fall one spot? Its not like we fell out of the top 10.

Oct 5, 2020, 12:41 PM

Oh I'm sure that nobody on our coaching staff is happy about what seemed to be a lack of interest against UVA. I would also bet that not a one of them cares about what ESECPN has to say about our performance. In practice today, all players will understand the true feelings of their coaches of how they played against UVA. I know that I wouldn't want to be in a meeting room facing Dabo, and his way with words, not today anyway!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe ALL the team jerseys could have the same word this week

Oct 5, 2020, 12:25 AM

RESPECT

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe ALL the team jerseys could have the same word this week

Oct 5, 2020, 12:42 PM

Or asschewing :)

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic