Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson RB writes heartfelt message about COVID-19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson RB writes heartfelt message about COVID-19

Mar 30, 2020, 12:40 PM

Clemson RB writes heartfelt message about COVID-19

Redshirt senior running back is one of the leaders on the Clemson football team with his strong character that he displays for his teammates and the entire comm Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well Said Darien... Well said....***

Mar 30, 2020, 12:51 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson RB writes heartfelt message about COVID-19

Mar 30, 2020, 12:51 PM

He's such an amazing young man. Our team was blessed when he decided to walk-on at Clemson!

Nicely done, DR. I made mention that some will waste...

Mar 30, 2020, 12:52 PM

this gift of time to "get life", but not you young man.

And though I'm not necessarily religious, I get it and find myself enamored by the strength of one's faith.

Well struck, dead solid perfect, you, Mr. Rencher, have hit it on the screws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 12:55 PM

Well said! Reminded me of several things I need to ponder. God Bless!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 1:08 PM

Thank you for your positive thoughts on what is a frightening time not only for us but for people all over this planet. Your points are very thought provoking and it does give all of us the chance to slow down and take stock of what is important to all of us.

Also in all of this, keep in mind that there is a God who is ultimately in control, and we have to trust and believe in his plan. Referencing one of my favorite bible passages: Isaiah 55 1-9

Isaiah 55:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

In the meantime, thank all of you for the "interesting" posts on TNet, which do help provide some a entertainment during these trying times.

If you ever get the chance to meet this young man

Mar 30, 2020, 1:47 PM

please do... he is mature beyond his years, the most humble of spirit and representative of EVERYTHING that we all say is evident of a Clemson Man. This post simply brightens his light to those who may not have a direct connection, and does provide a ray of hope in dim circumstances for anyone who may not feel sheltered or are even experiencing the waves of this pandemic.

Let us all remain challenged by the last words of his post...

"The biggest loss, in the end, is if we come out on the other side unchanged."

~Shalom Aleichem

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 1:48 PM

STAY SAFE NONE OF US ARE MADE OF STEEL

Mar 30, 2020, 2:54 PM

This should be the Post of the Year. I know I'll print it and place it where I see it every morning. Outstanding young man.... Powerful !!!!

Maybe Dabo could send this to POTUS to read to the entire nation. This needs to be heard. Thank you DR, made my day.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 3:12 PM

What a great post and wise young man. Thanks for sharing. Go tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 3:19 PM

It's not "luck" that we get incredible young men like Darien Rencher. What a beautiful letter coming from a young man whose wisdom is much further advanced than his years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw this over the weekend when he posted it on Instagram

Mar 30, 2020, 3:23 PM

It's been shared a ton and making its way around the inter-web.... this kid has a future.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Mar 30, 2020, 3:51 PM

POTY

This is what makes Clemson special

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 4:15 PM

Darien, I know you as a Clemson football player, but through this truly insightful letter,
I know you as a thoughtful Clemson man. Thank you.

To all of you on Tigernet, Darien is a special young man....

Mar 30, 2020, 4:22 PM

and intelligent with wisdom beyond his years. I have had the pleasure of becoming friends with Darien over the past 2+ years by participating in the "Lake Keowee Day" event the 3rd week in August every year by volunteering my services and my boat. Dairen and the running backs boated with us last year (2019) and he and Trevor Lawrence were with us the year before (2018). We also occasionally bump into each other during the year. He is the real deal and as genuine of a young man as you will ever meet. He feels truly blessed to be playing football for Clemson after tearing both ACLs in high school (I have torn my right knee twice and left knee once so we have a lot in common). If you watched him play last year, when he got the ball, he made some incredible runs for a guy his size and, knowing his medical history.

Off the football field is where his talent shines as a leader. He and Trevor befriended each other when Trevor arrived on campus and their friendship has a lot do with their belief in God and God being in control of their lives. He is well spoken and articulates a meaningful discussion on almost any subject unlike most athletes I have known. If Darien walked into my office tomorrow to fulfill a job opening, I would hire based on his character alone, regardless as to whether he knows anything about real estate development and/or construction. I can teach him that....I can't teach him character.

Darien,
Thank you for everything you do and have done for Clemson University. We are told to leave this world a better place than we found it. I can without any hesitation say that Clemson University will be a better place because of you making the decision to attend and walk on to the football team. Your letter to all of us who care about Clemson shows your leadership skills and level of maturity. I look forward to seeing you again at The Reserve at Lake Keowee in August, assuming of course that the Coronavirus has moved on by then. GO TIGERS!!!

Re: To all of you on Tigernet, Darien is a special young man....

Mar 30, 2020, 5:44 PM

How awesome would it be if Xavier Kelly did a drawing and put this letter on it. Then we could print copies for donations and have 100% of the proceeds go to the local area or wherever. Just a thought.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This young man

Mar 30, 2020, 7:47 PM

Has got it, nothing else needs to be said.

Mar 30, 2020, 8:20 PM

I can't add to what has already been said other than: awesome and uplifting.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Mar 30, 2020, 8:33 PM

What a wonderful heart felt story. Rancher is a terrific young man and what a writer! So proud he’s a Tiger.

Mar 30, 2020, 8:45 PM

Thank you so much for this.
Haven't seen or heard anything more appropriate for this time.
Bless you now, and for all your life.
No question you are successful, and will be successful throughout your life.
Again, thanks, and with best wishes to you and your life pursuits, because no question
there is a major influence you bring to all of us.
John B

I haven't had the best attitude during the COVID-19 crisis,

Mar 30, 2020, 9:00 PM

It's very humbling to read such a poignant message from such a young man.
Thank you Darien.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2020, 9:17 AM

Darien,

Great post about perspective and power of positive expression. You are so correct that we in society need a reset and reminder about what truly is important in life. This makes me even more proud to be an alumni of this great University.

Regards,

Brad Scott (the other Brad Scott)

Mar 31, 2020, 12:53 PM

I hear gods voice in your heartfelt message! I am very moved by how well you write and how well your heart thinks!
I hope millions of people read your beautiful thoughts. Thanks I needed that!

Apr 1, 2020, 6:20 PM

Thank your, Darien. Your words are wise beyond your years. Proud that you are a Tiger.
Thanks for helping us all put things into perspective. Looking forward to "coming out better, together."

Apr 1, 2020, 6:29 PM

Thank you, Darien. You are wise beyond your years. Proud to have you as a Tiger.
Appreciate you helping us all put things into perspective. Looking forward to "coming out of this better, together."

Apr 1, 2020, 11:21 PM

My man. From now on I will refer to Darien Rencher as The DR. What a great post. Clemson is blessed to have him in our family. Go Tigers!

Apr 2, 2020, 9:50 PM

I have to admit, I am a very optimistic person. But today, after a day of caring for patients, same mask I’ve worn for days because they are scarce, smiling on the outside, but fear within....I came home feeling sad, defeated, wanting to just be alone. So I turned off the news because I really just felt my chest caving in. One of my favorite things to do at night is read TNET. I came upon this post, and for the first time today, I felt hopeful. It moved me to tears. I read it to my kids, one is a Jr. at CU. We both agreed it was the most uplifting thing we have read lately. I truly felt the weight lift a little off my chest, my glass became half full again, and I felt much pride to be a tiger. Yet another example of the fine young men coming out of this program. This kid gets it!!!! Very well said, with heart and honesty. Made my day! Thanks for the faith lift!

Apr 5, 2020, 9:23 AM

Reposting to try and keep this toward the top of the board so others have the benefit of reading this incredible letter. I’m so glad I stumbled across it today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beautifully written. Future leader. God bless***

Apr 5, 2020, 1:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic