Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson OL to declare for NFL draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson OL to declare for NFL draft

Dec 20, 2017, 9:30 AM

Clemson OL to declare for NFL draft

Clemson junior offensive lineman Taylor Hearn spoke to reporters on Wednesday and shared that he has decided to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft. Hearns and Chris Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a threat with the ball in his hands.......***

Dec 20, 2017, 9:32 AM

Re: He's a threat with the ball in his hands.......***

Dec 20, 2017, 11:58 AM

Solid humor .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Wow....

Dec 20, 2017, 9:34 AM

He was our weakest link last year.... don't know if he improved or RT just regressed this year as far as weak link goes. Wish him luck, but on the surface looks like a horrible decision.

Re: Wow....

Dec 20, 2017, 9:44 AM

Learn to read between the lines...

Dec 20, 2017, 10:41 AM

I'm sending a Case Mays signing today!

Dec 20, 2017, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow.... ]

I'm sending a Case Mays signing today!

How is it a horrible decision?

Dec 20, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Wow.... ]

Nobody can expect anything after graduation from these guys. If he’s already got his degree in hand, what benefit does coming back to play college football bring? I wish Taylor nothing but good luck in whatever he goes into next, whether the NFL or his working career. Only selfish fans who want them to stay for all years of their eligibility say it’s a horrible decision. They owe us nothing.

Re: How is it a horrible decision?

Dec 20, 2017, 9:46 AM

Bingo - Point!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Dec 20, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to How is it a horrible decision? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is it a horrible decision?

Dec 20, 2017, 10:04 AM [ in reply to How is it a horrible decision? ]

I agree. If they want to stay, so be it. If not, best wishes. :)

Dec 20, 2017, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Wow.... ]

Taylor Hearn plays LG. I thought out OL was the best OL this year I have ever seen at Clemson.
Taylor was 3rd team ACC this year. He will be starting in the Sugar bowl against one of the best DLines in college football and hopefully one more game. He has graduated, he may not want a graduate degree. We won the ACC and may not next year. I see about 10 NFL teams that need a good OG. Taylor Hearn has been a great player for us i wish him the best. I do not know if he would improve next year but OGs hardly ever get drafted in the 1st round and you have to be an All American guard to go in the 1st or second round.
One other thing John Simpson is going to be a great player for us, he might be better than Hearn now, but likely would be by next year. Taylor Hearn talked to Caldwell and Swinney, i am sure they gave him great advice and he made the decision that is best for him and his family. We should grateful he played for us.

Dec 20, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Wow.... ]

What a dumb thing to say.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2017, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Wow.... ]

I couldn't agree more bc I personally believe he could use next season, he needs next season to give him a better chance for an NFL roster. Nobody hopes that I'm wrong more that I hope I am bc Taylor is a Clemson man, and it does my heart good to see these guys succeed when they move on to the next level. And that feeling when I hear that one of our guys was released is awful, and I'm sure that some of you have felt that hurt for one of ours just as I have, and best wishes for them after that happens don't make me feel better, and it don't help the anger I have for the team that cut them. It's just one more season that could help him have the best chance for an NFL career where they are always looking for someone better to replace them as it is!!! Good luck Taylor, I wish you the absolute very best in the NFL!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How was he a weak link?

Dec 20, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Wow.... ]

He was an absolute road-grader in the running game for us.

This is the guy who made future first rounder Da'ron Payne look like a tackling sled in the title game goal line TD.

Thank you. Good luck - Always a Tiger

Dec 20, 2017, 9:56 AM

Saw Hearn play @ Williston in HS and he has grown a lot (physically and emotionally). With his degree in hand, we wish him well. Thanks for the good memories. Once a Tiger, always a tiger.

Re: TNET: Clemson OL to declare for NFL draft

Dec 20, 2017, 10:34 AM

Guess it's hard to pass up that 6th round money...

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2017, 10:36 AM

That 6th round money is like 10x what I make!

6th rd NFL money AND your degree in hand...

Dec 20, 2017, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson OL to declare for NFL draft ]

is just like having two birds in hand!!! in that case, it is hard to pass up that 6th round money... besides, what guarantee does he have that it's going to be any better next year?

I say, thanks for the time and contributions to our GREAT University and its football team Taylor!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will always remember he and Jay making a tackling sled

Dec 20, 2017, 10:44 AM

out of DeRon Payne in the natty!

Good luck to you Hearn!

And btw, the snide things that some of you write about Tiger players just baffles me. Taylor has been a great player for us.

Proably a great call if he has graduated and

Dec 20, 2017, 10:54 AM

doesn't want a masters. There will be nothing left for him to accomplish at Clemson. He is healthy, so might as well test the NFL waters. If it doesn't work, he can start on whatever other career he chooses. Hope the NFL works though. Either way, he did a great job at Clemson.

Our Tigers fan really miss you Taylor!

Dec 20, 2017, 10:57 AM

Thank you and good luck Taylor!

Dec 20, 2017, 11:02 AM

best of luck Taylor. Enjoyed watching you play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let me go on record by saying......

Dec 20, 2017, 6:10 PM

there will be 0 drop off at LG....."0".

John Simpson!

Dec 20, 2017, 7:44 PM

glad to get rid of him, we need to get rid of pollard too

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive