Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Virginia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Virginia Tech

Feb 20, 2018, 2:39 PM

Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Virginia Tech

CLEMSON - Clemson head coach Brad Brownell told the media Tuesday that point guard Shelton Mitchell won't play in Wednesday night's road ACC contest at Virginia Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Virginia Tech***

Feb 20, 2018, 2:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Brad must have raped nuns in another life***

Feb 20, 2018, 2:51 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Virginia Tech***

Feb 20, 2018, 2:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Virginia Tech

Feb 20, 2018, 3:11 PM

My question is how can someone take a elbow to the head that keeps them out of action for at least a week and there's no foul called??????

Not Good!

Feb 20, 2018, 3:17 PM

nm

Feb 20, 2018, 3:31 PM

Well here we go Brad time to earn your money... we gotta have this. Also, how about leaving Donnell and Simms in longer?
Backs against the wall... let's GO TIGERS!!!

if there is a silver lining

Feb 20, 2018, 3:31 PM

Mitchell should have fresh legs when he comes back...

he was playing serious minutes every game

Alrighty Then !, Back to the TWO GUARD Offense and ...

Feb 20, 2018, 3:50 PM

We have Thomas, Donnal, and Skara all in AT THE SAME time !

Thomas clogs up the middle (and scores points)

Skara plays his awesome "D" (and scores points)

Donnal is the big guy who actually scores lots of points !

The other 2 guys brings the ball up and ... scores points, hopefully lots !

Of course, we revert to the 3 guard "O" at times to confuse them

Who wishes to convey this startegery to the Coaching Staff ?

A final note: This can be our finest hour (and a half). Our backs our against the wall, the Huns visit our shores nightly, bombing us, dissing us on ESPN. But like days of yore, we persevere cause WE are Clemson Tigers !

And now, for the inspirational song !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI

fred

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 3:54 PM

No wonder he’s not ready the way he was drug off the court. Praying for you that it’s not a neck injury... although not sure which would be worse.

It’s not like it accidentally happened while diving for a ball or anything. I sure hope it’s being addressed at the highest levels and reviewed as to how a foul could Not have been called.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 9:31 PM

Brownell should call out the ACC officials and tell them to stick it. Show some fire.

Feb 20, 2018, 4:25 PM

I am usually not one to second guess the coaches but it did seem odd that Donnell didn’t play any more than he did on Sunday. He came in and provided a spark in the first half. Not sure why you pull the guy with the hot hand and play him so little the rest of the game?!?

For several reasons.

Feb 20, 2018, 4:55 PM

One, we needed Thomas's defense and rebounding. Those aren't Donnal's strong suits.

Two, we needed Skara to get plenty of minutes, because he is an excellent defender and basically shut down Grayson Allen once he started guarding him.

Three, Donnal actually asked the coaches to come out of the game at one point. Remember, he is used to playing 10 minutes or so a game, not 30-35.

I agree that it would've been nice to keep Donnal in the game, as he was hot and gave us a much needed scoring boost. But I also understand why Brownell did what he did, and it is hard to criticize it when we were in position with under 90 seconds to go to win the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Best game to bet on in Vegas. Why????

Feb 20, 2018, 6:50 PM

Bc VTech loves to press and plays physical. We are down our 2 best players plus our other 2 best guards /scorers are in a midseason funk. Add in the game is away and vtech being an NCAA tournament team do the math. I doubt Clemson's changes things in 3 days. Love my tigers , but we have suffered too much bad karma. I've never seen so many players go down with injuries in a season. My prayer is we get hot shooting

Always with the negative waves !

Feb 20, 2018, 6:59 PM

Why don't we all stick with righteous and hopeful and happy thoughts ? Sure, there are challenges and people hurt and what not, but WE are Clemson Tigers ! And Cats cornered LASH OUT with extreme vigour !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbEucjsNFU

fred

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best game to bet on in Vegas. Why????

Feb 20, 2018, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Best game to bet on in Vegas. Why???? ]

Lighten up Francis! So the odds may be against us. I think the shooting (Duke) drought ends and coach
"Brownlee" brings home a victory. Call me a pumper.

Feb 20, 2018, 7:11 PM

I got some questions . Concussion is a two day protocol unless it’s worse. Is this worse than a concussion? How was it not a foul? Why is our coach not raising hell with the ACC officials? Does Brownell have any fire in him at all? The Va Tech game is a must win. If Bryant in football can come back quickly, what is the real story with Mitchell?

If you have a concussion ...

Feb 20, 2018, 9:36 PM

I read 10-14 days is typical before return to play. Can be longer if really severe.

Bryant didn’t come back quickly.

Feb 20, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Brownell updates Shelton Mitchell's status for Virginia Tech ]

We had a week off after the Syracuse game where he had a concussion. He had two weeks to recuperate. Mitchell hasn’t even had a week yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Bryant didn’t come back quickly.

Feb 20, 2018, 10:49 PM

If he can’t, we have to find a way to beat Va Tech and win the majority of the games left. A late season slide after this good start would not be good .

Feb 21, 2018, 9:49 AM

We could have won vs FSU and avoided the SM injury IF CBB had instructed our players to use the 3 fouls remaining at the end of regulation play. Coaching???

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic