Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Board of Trustees approves Memorial Stadium upgrade concepts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Board of Trustees approves Memorial Stadium upgrade concepts

Oct 11, 2019, 2:40 PM

Board of Trustees approves Memorial Stadium upgrade concepts

CLEMSON, S.C. - The Clemson University Board of Trustees on Friday gave Phase I Concept approval for a series of renovations to Memorial Stadium designed to imp Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

woohoo!

Oct 11, 2019, 2:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Figures***

Oct 11, 2019, 2:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: TNET: Board of Trustees approves Memorial Stadium upgrade concepts

Oct 11, 2019, 2:51 PM

That was quick...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

has the Oculus approved yet?***

Oct 11, 2019, 2:53 PM

Plenty of room on the other side of that scoreboard for

Oct 11, 2019, 2:56 PM

championship years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

And maybe even the words National Championships, but

Oct 11, 2019, 5:21 PM

don' bank on it.

Not to be too populist, but the lions share of these

Oct 11, 2019, 3:01 PM

improvements are for areas the common fan will never be able to access. A lot of club development and locker room re-development and even the parking lot upgrade is for the bigger money donors.

I guess the bigger donors drive how the money is spent, but it seems to me that upgraded facade on the stadium, pedestrian bridges, sun shades and improved concessions are a greater need.

The new seating might be nice, but I suspect it would be a premium club area too if it did not face into the sun.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

So if you owned a company, would you....

Oct 11, 2019, 4:12 PM

make improvements to your products or services that would encourage clients to spend more? Of course you would. Would you cater more to the clients who spend $100k a year on your products, and offer them more perks than the client who spends $100 a year? Of course you would.

It's called Capitalism, my friend. And it's the most fair of all economic systems on Earth.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I work for a bank and realize that our Wealth Management

Oct 11, 2019, 4:49 PM

clients drive our policy and growth. I also realize that without our basic depositors, we'd likley become insolvent, as our wealth clients like to have their capital to buoy their captial.

We strive to please both classes, and that is very capitalistic.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

As a Fan on a budget

Oct 11, 2019, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Not to be too populist, but the lions share of these ]

I agree but you have to let the big dogs eat.

Re: Not to be too populist, but the lions share of these

Oct 11, 2019, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Not to be too populist, but the lions share of these ]

Of the top 15-20 CFB programs our club/premium seating capacity is at the bottom. Who is at the top? Texas A&M, Texas, LSU, Alabama. We have around 1600 club level seats while these programs have around 6000-8000. It’s a no brainer to add more premium seats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 3:13 PM

Hopefully the green seats are just the color in the scale model BC, surely they wouldn't use a Miami or Oregon color seats in a stadium that represents our Clemson Tigers that our main color has always been Orange!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dark green seats?

Oct 11, 2019, 3:15 PM

Anyone know what the dark green seats indicate? New seating, chairbacks, special donor club seats, etc.?

Re: Dark green seats?

Oct 11, 2019, 3:23 PM

The dark green seats indicates where the new seats will be, according to the article.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 3:28 PM

It says affected areas. Not clear exactly what that means if you look at all the dark green. Some is old, some is new. Plus there is orange and light green. Orange looks like the two end zone clubs for sure.

I think it's just to accentuate the new seats in the drawing***

Oct 11, 2019, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Dark green seats? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 11, 2019, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Dark green seats? ]
seats.png(43.5 K)

We already got The Oculus. Everything else is gravy.

Oct 11, 2019, 3:17 PM

That said, if we don't end up with that big @ss scoreboard I will throw a wild tantrum.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USC can't do things like this without a lotta borrowing

Oct 11, 2019, 3:22 PM

They barely got approval to build a football ops building, on the condition that they raise 10 million of it. Last I checked, they were right at the debt limit set by the state. Spending like drunken lady sailors.

Putting lipstick on a pig***

Oct 11, 2019, 3:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

its only money right...***

Oct 11, 2019, 3:41 PM

Re: its only money right...***

Oct 11, 2019, 3:55 PM

If it is only money, Warren will control it.

Honestly, I was worried the changes would take away from

Oct 11, 2019, 4:07 PM

Death Valley as we know.

I really like the designs!!

It look a little more modern, adds some seats on the east end zone, Bigger Screen, a better sound system and a new LED lighting......all without taking away from the overall atheistic and appeal.

I'm glad they're not doing anything crazy. These designs look great.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 4:43 PM

Anyone else remember the old scoreboard with the tiger that had the eyes that would light up, tail would wag, and would roar whenever we scored?

Yes, that will continue to be part of the scoreboard.

Oct 11, 2019, 5:15 PM

I love that they are doing that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 12, 2019, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Board of Trustees approves Memorial Stadium upgrade concepts ]

Yep, I remember that from when I was a very young kid. And I also remember it every year since and well, also last year, now that I think about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Oct 11, 2019, 5:44 PM

Far to aggressive on minimizing the grass on the hill. Good to see they plan to keep the Tiger and wagging tail on top of the new board, Hope it lights up and operates immediately when installed. Wonder where my bricks will be relocated to. Guess we just have to get use to losing open space and encroaching on traditions. Hate the modifications at lot 5. Must preserve sliding down the hill there both sides. Tearing down remainder of tin cans for parking. That ought to be fun trying to exit or will they get express one way through campus out to tillman? The walk will be like ROTC days with your toes pushed up to the front of your shoes. Is that an ADA improvement? Is this all a precursor to reducing lot 5 parking. When will people understand that parking is a relationship matter. Shifting it around can impact generations. At least they are not trying to put more upper deck seating in. Guess they need advent of skyhooks for that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Oct 11, 2019, 7:01 PM

I wonder were the visiting band will be sitting? The new club section seems like that will be a part of that area. I know they are trying to chase some dollars but I hope they are not planning putting the visiting band in the upper deck.

Oct 11, 2019, 7:09 PM

If I had to guess, I would say they will move them over near T and S but still on the lower level.

Oct 11, 2019, 7:46 PM

What will happen to the old video board? It would make a great wall for a sports bar, or a tailgate location.

Reduce seats in upper deck

Oct 12, 2019, 8:24 AM

Better restrooms, clean the concourses, add proper seats in the upper deck. Get rid of the aluminium.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic