Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC announces timeline for decisions on football, more athletic seasons
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC announces timeline for decisions on football, more athletic seasons

Jul 10, 2020, 3:55 PM

ACC announces timeline for decisions on football, more athletic seasons

The ACC will not make a decision until late July on its fall sports, the league announced Friday afternoon. That includes the structure of the football season, Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just please figure out a way to give us some Football

Jul 10, 2020, 4:02 PM

I think we all need some good news of some sort. Avoiding the media and social media (guilty as charged) helps a little but some good news would do wonders

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just please figure out a way to give us some Football

Jul 10, 2020, 10:23 PM

Ive got a better idea ... regular 8 game conference schedule Clemson plays USC and ND ....conference makes sure ND gets games they need to fill schedule. Any team needing game can play another conference team but it will be non conference game.

Re: Just please figure out a way to give us some Football

Jul 11, 2020, 7:30 AM

My initial thoughts exactly

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC announces timeline for decisions on football, more athletic seasons

Jul 10, 2020, 4:05 PM

Good we’ll get to beat Notre Dame at home and away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

OOPS! This means we'll have to tune up the Monsoon Machine

Jul 10, 2020, 4:58 PM

again, to make sure it only rains on Notre Dame's side of the field. Bring it! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC announces timeline for decisions on football, more athletic seasons

Jul 10, 2020, 4:40 PM

A home and home including Notre Dame would be very unfair unless there are no fans. Would the teams in the pool be grouped by location, natural rivalries, expected team strength or what? There would be 3 pools and if location is a factor, it could be Miami, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Clemson and Louisville. Another pool could be Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburg, Notre Dame and Virginia. Notre Dame would be huge favorites to be undefeated and we might have what would be considered a much tougher schedule. The pool with Wake, Duke, NC State, Carolina and Virginia Tech might be a cakewalk for Carolina so what would happen if there were 3 undefeated teams?

Bad idea.

Jul 10, 2020, 4:44 PM

Home and away is a terrible idea. That’s small town HS scheduling, where distance and cost is paramount. I’m ok with conference only schedule. But, home and away is a ridiculous idea. This ain’t hoops or baseball!

Jul 10, 2020, 4:59 PM

Amen, Jayhawk! Really stupid idea! And thank you so much for saying home and away. I never understood why people said home and home!!!

Jul 10, 2020, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC announces timeline for decisions on football, more athletic seasons ]

Agree. Really stupid. Why do I get the feeling Clemson will get screwed if they start making drastic changes to the scheduling formula like that.

Jul 10, 2020, 5:14 PM

Can someone offer a defense of the home-and-home vs. 5 teams idea?

Makes no sense at all to me.

Jul 10, 2020, 5:24 PM

Isn't there a state law that we have to play the coots, or is that just an urban legend?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 5:35 PM

Law if you ask a Clemson fan but the Chickens are chicken! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 10, 2020, 10:19 PM

I want to play south carolina!

3 pods of 5 teams = 8 games

Jul 11, 2020, 12:14 AM

So not sure how a 10 game schedule works ... or do they mean 8 games???

Jul 11, 2020, 12:27 PM

Don't forget about what the Govenor said, " If the Corona Numbers don't go down, there will be no College, High School or Kids sports in SC. Personally, I think he is gonna try to make that happen irregardless what the numbers do. Really sad.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:24 PM

Don’t understand why we would add ND to our conference schedule since they don’t want to be in our conference in football.

I love the idea of beating them, but if we add them now, I say we force them to be full time memebers of the conference. No questions asked.

That would be the only way they could make the CFP because they wouldn’t even find teams to play if all conferences go this route.

Side note:
I don’t see Mc(Coot)Master stopping college football the entire season.

Just more Swofford BS...Home and home? Give me a break, that

Jul 12, 2020, 6:17 PM

is the most pathetic idea to come out of his tiny brain yet

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic