Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Redshirt Report: In-state defensive end Greg Williams cherishing every moment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Redshirt Report: In-state defensive end Greg Williams cherishing every moment

Jan 31, 2020, 7:57 AM

Redshirt Report: In-state defensive end Greg Williams cherishing every moment

Greg Williams played linebacker in high school, but his 6-4 frame and incredible wingspan showed room for growth so he moved to defensive end when he got to Clemson. As a result, Williams redshirted this past season as he gained weight and muscle and the intricacies of a different position. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Williams reminds me a lot of Clelin Ferrell

Jan 31, 2020, 8:01 AM

He was a skinny, lanky, long-armed, twitchy prospect that needed a lot more meat on his bones to compete. Williams has a similar kinda upside if he can put it all together. His wingspan is ridiculous and something I noticed a long while back when he was standing next to Tre Lamar at camp.

I'm cheering for him. We gotta have another 3* turn into Vic Beasley soon. All these 5*'s can't get all the love.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Williams reminds me a lot of Clelin Ferrell

Jan 31, 2020, 11:48 AM

I'm with you. I'd love to see him turn into a star for us. Wishing him a great year!

Re: TNET: Redshirt Report: In-state defensive end Greg Williams cherishing every moment

Jan 31, 2020, 8:18 AM

He did mention Foster first, but I got a kick out of him learning from the "older guys", XT and KJ.

Re: TNET: Redshirt Report: In-state defensive end Greg Williams cherishing every moment

Jan 31, 2020, 12:41 PM

XT and KJ are only a year younger than Foster.

With no DL seniors on last year's team the "older guys" were younger than normal.

Jan 31, 2020, 8:43 AM

Look forward to him making an impact this year, with Logan leaving he will get more reps. I think he will be a beast in a couple of years as he gets stronger and experience at DE. Like his attitude, sounds like he has a chip on his shoulder coming from small town SC.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2020, 9:14 AM

Williams do come from a small town. If you've never been to Swansea, it's what some may call a one horse town where everybody knows everybody. But in years past, Swansea has turned out some pretty good FB players, and they are the definition of country folks, and you have to listen closely to understand a word they're saying!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2020, 6:54 PM

He also "do come" from a very coot part of the state. Do well Greg, you will be a great Tiger!!!

Jan 31, 2020, 11:16 AM

I remember Dabo talking about him in the recruiting wrap and said that he was shocked when he saw Greg standing with Tre Lamar. That Greg was even more imposing than Tre as he was taller and longer limbed which kinda blew my mind because Tre was a mountain of a human.

Cant wait to see what he can do out on the field, sounds like he his a gifted athlete with an elite frame that just needs some seasoning as an end.

Jan 31, 2020, 1:53 PM

Get bigger stronger and faster

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic